PDA

View Full Version : IDW Ongoing comic #1 8-page preview

griffin
18th November 2009, 02:14 PM
Determined to get as much interest in this new comic as possible, a normal preview of 5 pages wasn't enough for IDW. Here we see 8 pages of the comic, in addition to the 5 pages in the earlier preview (showing the death of a certain character)... it doesn't leave much left of the first issue.
http://www.previewsworld.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=23&s=216&ai=88936&ssd=

griffin
19th November 2009, 01:48 PM
The death of a major character was obviously not shocking enough plot-device. It looks like the departure of one of the leaders also accurs, and is big enough news for the 'USA Today' paper/website to do an article on it.

Beware of spoilers (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/usa-today-headline-optimus-prime-quits/17355/)

griffin
19th November 2009, 01:52 PM
While on the topic of the ongoing comic, a cover of the 2nd issue (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/idw-transfomers-comic-covers-for-february-2010/17352/)has been revealed, which could be a spoiler, as it may be the ressurection of someone who I thought died in AHM. (I haven't read Coda, so could be wrong)
Maybe the death of characters in this new (IDW) universe is not permanent after all.

i_amtrunks
19th November 2009, 04:46 PM
Could be death is trivial bossbot, or just a cover with a fan favourite character on it that bears no relation to the internal story...

Or the Humans may have pieced together Cracker for one reason or another. Who knows (or cares?) So far the only nice thing I can say about this ongoing is that Hutch's covers are awesomesauce.

Gutsman Heavy
19th November 2009, 05:20 PM
I'm rather pissed off that TFW2005 posted this on the front page with out spoiler alerts or anything. So much for enjoying the read :(

kup
19th November 2009, 06:27 PM
I'm rather pissed off that TFW2005 posted this on the front page with out spoiler alerts or anything. So much for enjoying the read :(

A lot of people are but that's a straight copy and paste from the IDW press release which is a hint of how much thought is going into all of this.

Personally, I think we are just going to get AHM II: The new (but old) batch.

I also have a feeling that Cracker will appear with no explanation because people forgot to read what happened before.

I have lost faith in IDW not just due to the mediocrity and sloppiness of the past year but also their outright lies in their promotions.

Roche is the only saving grace but he can only work with so much.

Sam
19th November 2009, 06:58 PM
I saw this issue today and to be honest the faces don't look as bad as I thought they would.

Still, I'm holding out to see if it's any good and then, will think about the trade paperback.

SGB
19th November 2009, 09:56 PM
I have lost faith in IDW not just due to the mediocrity and sloppiness of the past year but also their outright lies in their promotions.
I haven't kept up with the IDW comics. What has IDW lied about?

kup
20th November 2009, 12:02 AM
AHM Megatron promotion for example. Turned out very different from advertized didn't it?

Their persistent claim that AHM always intended to be in continuity with the previous stories - who are they kidding?

griffin
20th November 2009, 01:18 AM
Having plot contradictions/inconsistencies does not make it out of continuity. It was in the same IDW Gen1 Universe (continuity), which means it isn't a lie.

I figured it would be a spoiler for those following the comics, so didn't mention the names of any (allegedly) dead characters, just in case.

kup
20th November 2009, 07:52 AM
Having plot contradictions/inconsistencies does not make it out of continuity. It was in the same IDW Gen1 Universe (continuity), which means it isn't a lie.

It is very obvious that AHM was not conceived with the notion of "respecting" what came before. It was shoe horned into continuity very late in the game despite what they say.

STL
20th November 2009, 01:53 PM
It is very obvious that AHM was not conceived with the notion of "respecting" what came before. It was shoe horned into continuity very late in the game despite what they say.

All a matter of opinion.

kup
20th November 2009, 01:57 PM
All a matter of opinion.

It always is, isn't it?

STL
20th November 2009, 02:07 PM
It always is, isn't it?

While that may be the case, the need to harp on like a broken record isn't a matter of opinion.

Move on. This is a thread about the new ongoing series yet you want to live in the past? Incessantly harp on and nag about something that's a non-issue now? Focus on the new pages of art/story in front of you and judge it for what it is without having to every single moment harp on about some old personal gripe. Heck, if you have to, dig up an old AHM thread and do that there.

This sort of attitude is the key reason why I don't even bother with this place anymore.

The key thing to me about this so far appears to be the new art style. From the tidbits I've read, IDW are again attempting to take the book in a new direction and doing something bold.

griffin
20th November 2009, 02:27 PM
It always is, isn't it?

No need to be so argumentative on an old issue.
You've already made your comment - If something is that bad, move on. We already know how you feel about it. You're just bringing everyone else down by prolonging such negativity.

kup
20th November 2009, 02:42 PM
I am not judging the ongoing, just showing skepticism on this new series given their track record on the last. Take that as you will and that's all.