PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

Sedra
19th November 2009, 12:04 AM
Hi I just became a member.

Don't really know what to say about myself.. I like Transformers? Too obvious though :D

I am from Sweden, so I kinda live pretty far away.. but I hope that's alright?
I like to collect stuff, but I can't too much because my wallet hates me. I got about .. 8-10 Toys, but Im trying to increase them.
I'm 18 years old and going to school, and in my freetime I make costumes. Robot costumes.
I've created a few Transformers costumes aswell. A Transforming G1 Jazz and a non-transformable G1 Soundwave with an openable hatch with a Lazerbeak inside and speakers to play music with inside the chest.

:P photos if anyone wants to see them;
Jazz robot mode: http://sedra60.deviantart.com/art/Jazz-from-Transformers-110113711
Jazz car mode: http://sedra60.deviantart.com/art/Jazz-Transformed-118225635
Soundwave: http://sedra60.deviantart.com/art/Soundwave-from-TF-G1-142791731

I like to make them, because it's so much fun! And when they are done and retired I can put them up as human-sized TF toys/figures :D

Aside from that.. I don't really know, I like to play games, and I enjoy drawing, I mostly draw animated and G1 in Transformers art.

G1 is my favorite in all the Transformers serieline.
I am on the Decepticon side and my favorite character is Soundwave :)
If someone would ask for proof that I like Transformers I would probably show my costumes and my Decepticon Tatto on my shoulder ;) Im a bit of a nerdy fan I suppose.

I hope I'll make some friends here and it's great meeting you all!

/Sedra

1AZRAEL1
19th November 2009, 08:29 AM
Welcome and well met. Soundwave is also my fave character, and you have even made a costume (I was planning on making one as well :p)
So because you live in Sweden, you probably won't be able to make any of the meets then? :D:p

All good mate, hope you enjoy your time here, it is a quite friendly place.

liegeprime
19th November 2009, 09:00 AM
Mabuhay and Welcome to the forum, that Soundwave costume looks great! It's not the size of the collection Sedra is how much its loved! Enjoy the forum well newest member! :D:D

GoktimusPrime
19th November 2009, 09:05 AM
Välkomnande till bräde! Er du komme till Australien? :)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb_haruhi.jpg

loophole
19th November 2009, 06:54 PM
Welcome, i like your costumes especially your soundwave that looks sweeeeeeet :D

Doubledealer
19th November 2009, 08:11 PM
Ah Sweden...Land of gorgeous women, delicious chocolate, the best Vampire movie ever, awesome music and...mecha cosplayers! :D

Nice to meet you, Sedra. Hope you enjoy your stay here! Out of interest, have you been to see the Swedish band, Little Dragon? The album they released not too long ago is my fave pop release all year. Hope they tour here one day!

1AZRAEL1
19th November 2009, 08:53 PM
Ah Sweden...Land of gorgeous women, delicious chocolate, the best Vampire movie ever, awesome music and...mecha cosplayers! :D

True that, but what vamp movie?

Doubledealer
19th November 2009, 09:04 PM
True that, but what vamp movie?

Låt den rätte komma in (Let the Right One In) :D

1AZRAEL1
19th November 2009, 09:22 PM
Låt den rätte komma in (Let the Right One In) :D

Damn, I will have to try find it.

Also, Sedra, I finally got to see your costumes, (damn work and their net filter) and damn soundwave looks awesome, so much better than mine would have been.

GoktimusPrime
19th November 2009, 09:49 PM
Ah Sweden...Land of gorgeous women, delicious chocolate, the best Vampire movie ever, awesome music and...mecha cosplayers!
Actually, I really like French Transformer cosplayers. :)

But I think of Sweden as the land of lovely IKEA furniture! I find IKEA's Billy shelves are ideal for Transformers (I just wish they were more affordable!) Last time I was in at IKEA I actually asked a Swedish-speaking staff member to teach me how to pronounce IKEA properly. It's like "ee-kee-ah," and not "eye-kee-ah." (and knowing's half the battle!)

"A Møøse once bit my sister..." (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Sedra
20th November 2009, 06:21 AM

Im planning on going to Australia one day :D Though I don't know when.
But when I know, I might try to match it with one of the meets? :)
Im glad I can talk to you all and it's fun talking to ppl with the same interest!
I dunno about little Dragon, though I know about the vampire book xP even if I haven't read it myself.

Deceptic_Optic
20th November 2009, 07:12 AM
welcome Sedra your are ozformer now! YAY :eek: you like soundwave as well, likewise but with me its soundwave and shockwave. hope you enjoy your stay:D

1AZRAEL1
20th November 2009, 08:42 AM
But I think of Sweden as the land of lovely IKEA furniture! I find IKEA's Billy shelves are ideal for Transformers (I just wish they were more affordable!) Last time I was in at IKEA I actually asked a Swedish-speaking staff member to teach me how to pronounce IKEA properly. It's like "ee-kee-ah," and not "eye-kee-ah." (and knowing's half the battle!)

"A Møøse once bit my sister..." (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Those bookshelves are great, I have a couple of them, and my collection has already outgrown the ones I have, so I gotta buy more. They aren't too expensive, but at least they are sturdy and good quality.

Help help I'm being opressed!

OrionPax
20th November 2009, 11:11 AM
Welcome Sedra! :D

Sam
20th November 2009, 06:56 PM
Welcome to the forum Sedra, enjoy your stay. :)

Robzy
22nd November 2009, 01:13 AM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)