PDA

View Full Version : More new Animated Redecos.

griffin
21st November 2009, 06:25 AM
Seems that this 'last gasp' of Animated toys is turning into a full blown product range.
The soon to be released Thundercracker (redeco of voyager Starscream) has co-sell pictures on the packaging of new moulds Rodimus Minor, semi-new-moul Wingblade Optimus Prime and redecos Mudbuster Bulkhead, Toxic Oilslick, Fugitive Waspinator and Vortex Blurr.

http://www.tformers.com/transformers-first-looks-at-animated-figures-vortex-blurr-fugitive-waspinator-and-more/12660/news.html

GoktimusPrime
21st November 2009, 11:08 AM
waaaa... looks like they didn't retool the head for Wasp. That's a real shame considering that Hasbro did retool the head for Cliffjumper (who had less screen time than Wasp!). :(

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jaam_shoulders.gif

Lint
21st November 2009, 11:14 AM
^I'm dissapointed by that too.

optimus1
21st November 2009, 11:22 AM
I reckon they should have done Wasp in the Activator size, then they would have less reason to say 'it costs more to remold'

And also for Vortex Blurr? Does that mean he survived being a cube?

liegeprime
21st November 2009, 06:13 PM
Yes, The original trio of seekers for the first time in Hasbro Production history since oh I dont know has finally realised you dont separate the three, puhleese.... Am getting thundercracker, and if their smart they SHOULDve released fugitive wasp in activator size....um seems no news on Arcee, so is Hasbro doing the PREDICTABLE and can her aganin for the umpteenth time. Honestly, they make so much effort in buffeting us with unknown characters but the already sure hit sellers (if they ever made a figure) always nada.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd November 2009, 07:38 PM
waaaa... looks like they didn't retool the head for Wasp. That's a real shame considering that Hasbro did retool the head for Cliffjumper (who had less screen time than Wasp!). :(

I remember reading somewhere that they used the excuse that it was wasp from the stealing bumblebee's face episode. But stil, its pretty weak. An activator size would have been perfect, as we already have a deluxe wasp.

I notice the absense of Arcee, SOundblaster and Freeway Jazz, are there a couple of waves planned? I am worried greatly about the status of Arcee...

liegeprime
22nd November 2009, 07:48 PM
I notice the absense of Arcee, SOundblaster and Freeway Jazz, are there a couple of waves planned? I am worried greatly about the status of Arcee...

Like I said... are they gonna do the predictable thing Hasbro always does to a car Arcee?

Doubledealer
22nd November 2009, 08:40 PM
From a marketing POV isn't the idea to sell the characters well enough in the show so that the kids nag their parents enough for them to buy their toy counterpart? Why make Wasp such a cool character in TFA if you're just going to disappoint little Johnny when he wants a cartoon accurate Wasp of his own. Hasbro have RUINED Xmas. :p

griffin
22nd November 2009, 08:47 PM
Packaging pics of Cybertronian Ratchet and Arcee have just been found, but unfortunately it looks like they are a store exclusive in America, which reduces the odds of them being released here.
Soundblaster and Freeway Jazz, have just been seen in America at regular retail, so a better chance of being released here.

griffin
22nd November 2009, 08:56 PM

Hasbro Designers said at BotCon that they couldn't afford to do a new head for 'Fugitive Wasp', after the line was given the axe (execs probably wouldn't have authorised any further expenditure on the line).
The only thing the Designers could do is try to explain the Bumblebee Head on the packaging bio.

GoktimusPrime
22nd November 2009, 10:15 PM
Meh... they should release an Activators Wasp as a straight repaint. I'd get that.

i_amtrunks
23rd November 2009, 02:07 PM
And my interest in transformers figures has perked right back up! Vortex Blurr is one right out of left field I wasn't expecting. I figured we'd get an oilslick repaint to make the mold worthwhile, but he is just going to shelf warm like the original.

Lets hope these figures get a retails release, unlike Arcee and Ratchet.

SilverDragon
23rd November 2009, 09:57 PM
I suppose I should have seen the new molds as being store exclusives. If I have to, I'll go import Arcee.