PDA

View Full Version : Hello again

5FDP
24th November 2009, 03:35 PM
Hi guys,

To introduce myself to the community, I am a Sydney based fan mainly collecting G1 toys and merch and have around 200+ figures.

I was a member of this forum about 4 years ago (different username) and have met some of you already.

I regularly visit this site for Oz related news and sightings and thought I would re-register to contribute.

Chances are I might not have a lot of time to post so don't be surprised if you don't hear from me often.

Cheers!

1orion2many
24th November 2009, 05:43 PM
Welcome back, it's not the quatity it's the quality :D

liegeprime
24th November 2009, 11:10 PM
Mabuhay and welcome... again :D

TheFallen
25th November 2009, 12:57 AM
Welcome. Enjoy the viddles

dirge
25th November 2009, 07:35 AM
Welcome back (:

5FDP
25th November 2009, 09:49 AM
Thank you all for the very warm welcome guys. It's good to be posting again.

Transformers are, and always has been a big part of my life, and it's fantastic to talk to like-minded people.

Welcome back, it's not the quatity it's the quality :D

Not too sure what to make of this comment - are you saying that I don't have that many or that it's a reasonable amount however only the 'quality' counts?

I am a MISB collector where possible (gets a bit expensive at times) and even those that are 'out of the box' are in mint condition.

I never collect anything that I consider to be 'junkers' or even missing accessories. I am by no means a completist and only collect figures / characters that interest me.

The rules (self-imposed) that I use for collecting are -

1. Avoid collecting something that has been KO'd (to avoid being duped as most out of the box KO's are hard to pick). I do have the KO Shockwave for display purposes only as it's unlikely he will ever see an official release and I would never resell him claiming it to be original.
2. Never collect more than one mould of a figure - no repaints. I did make an exception to this early this month by getting the Encore Thundercracker and Skywarp 2-pack :)
3. Always aim for a mint figure with all accessories

I'm lucky in that more than 20 of my Transformers were mine as a kid as my parents never allowed me to take them out of the house or threw them out when I got older. I still have my very first - Sideswipe, that my parents bought for me back in '84.

I'm currently extending my house and will have a new room to display them all. Collecting to me is how much I enjoy my collection rather than aiming for every release of every toy ever made. Having said that, I am more than envious looking at some of the collections here - especially Griffin's, Gok's, and Tiby's who showed them all on Collectors.

Robzy
25th November 2009, 10:35 AM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

GoktimusPrime
25th November 2009, 12:03 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb_haruhi.jpg
Just out of curiosity, what was your previous handle? :)

5FDP
25th November 2009, 12:57 PM
Hi Goki. It was S0undwave. Couldn't re-register with that as I believe there are other similar handles being used. Wanted to come up with something completely different.

I went into a self-imposed hiatus a couple of years ago and reconnected with some other long-time friends / fans I've known since high school. We ran our own Transfan club with about 15 or so members. It was fairly casual in that we mostly had meet-ups at each others houses and a very infrequent newsletter - similar to the way Ozformers was run 'back in the day'.

1orion2many
25th November 2009, 01:13 PM
:)I was talking about posting;), and it should have read quantity:o. I only post every now and then at the moment as the movie figures which are the main at the moment leave me cold:(, I remember your handle:)

liegeprime
25th November 2009, 07:37 PM
I'm currently extending my house and will have a new room to display them all. Collecting to me is how much I enjoy my collection rather than aiming for every release of every toy ever made. Having said that, I am more than envious looking at some of the collections here - especially Griffin's, Gok's, and Tiby's who showed them all on Collectors.

Yes a collection room definitely is a must if one can allow for it:D. Its an escape from the stresses of everyday living and a safe place to display your loved collection. It was definitely part of my plan when I was buying a house, actually it was part of my plan ever since college days ( when I dreamed of getting a house someday) that I put into fruition a few years back now. Still is a work in progress as I keep rearranging the shelf displays ( its part of playtime and clean time as well).

Please do post your collection photos in the Grapple's thread (one of the mods will add it to the collections group link)... hope to see it soon especially the G1s! :D

optimus1
25th November 2009, 08:34 PM
Welcome to the boards :)

5FDP
26th November 2009, 08:31 AM
Please do post your collection photos in the Grapple's thread (one of the mods will add it to the collections group link)... hope to see it soon especially the G1s! :D

I promise I will get around to this sooner or later. The problem is that I display most of my collection in a cabinet and every time I made a purchase I had to re-shuffle the shelves. After a while, I got tired of taking photos of the cabinet and took photos of my individual acquisitions instead meaning that I have a lot of photos to upload.

The best day of my life (don't tell my wife that) was when I discovered earlier this year my neighbour had a box of Transformers in his garage that he kept since he was a kid. His parents were obviously the same as mine in that he wasn't allowed to take them out of the house, so all were in mint condition. He had a complete Reflector, Razorclaw, Mirage (with missiles still on the tree), Wheeljack (which I already had so I'm looking to trade http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=6273) a few minibots, decoys, Throttlebots (meh), and Blast Off.

GoktimusPrime
26th November 2009, 11:23 AM
I love Throttlebots. They're just so much fun to play with! :D I spent endless hours of my childhood racing them... something we relived at Sabretron 2004 with the Throttlebot Race events! :D Woo!