PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural Discussion

5FDP
25th November 2009, 08:36 PM
No... this is not a thread for the 80's toy line Supernaturals (although they were really cool), this is a thread to discuss the TV show Supernatural.

Are there any other fans here that watch the show religiously? Want to make a prediction on what's going to happen in the remaining episodes of season 5? Do you think it will go on past season 5?

I guess I'm just depressed knowing that the final episode for this year aired last Friday. Now I have to wait until Jan 21st. Maybe this should go in the 'rant' thread :rolleyes:

The_Damned
25th November 2009, 09:06 PM
damn i didnt know that was the last episode for the year.

SPOILER

i have no idea how they are going to kill the devil
and i read that there is a good chance of season 6

Sam
25th November 2009, 11:48 PM
My wife and I do enjoy watching this show, as we feel that besides the action, it pursues some interesting and meaningful themes.

Have no idea about how the plot will play out, but keen to find out. :)

5FDP
26th November 2009, 08:40 AM
damn i didnt know that was the last episode for the year.

SPOILER

i have no idea how they are going to kill the devil
and i read that there is a good chance of season 6

I've heard this as well (season 6) however Eric Kripke did state that the original story line only covered 5 seasons. If they decide to wrap it up after this season, I would be upset that the show has finished, but satisfied that they went out on a high. There are too many shows that continue when they should have finished seasons beforehand *cough* Simpsons *cough* X-Files.

Spolier Alert -

My assumption is that ...Bobby will be God's vessel as Dean is Michael's and Sam's Lucifer. He is the father figure in the absence of their dad and it makes sense to see him face off against Sam in the finale. It would also allow him to walk again after his 'accident'.

i_amtrunks
26th November 2009, 10:49 AM
I think it is one of the best non comedy shows on the box, and has been since day dot.

For me, Supernatural is a bit like Lost, there's nothing wrong with watching it week to week, but it is a much better show when watched in big blocks (and a second time around).

Season 5 has so far been excellent, I think Channel 10 will be airing the new episodes throughout summer, so come February we shouldn't be too far behind the states.

Tetsuwan Convoy
26th November 2009, 11:20 AM
I just finished watching Season 4 and its was awesome. Cant get enough of it. Although the new season is due on the telly, I am tempted to find other means and watch it asap if ya know what I mean.

I love the way the it still chucks something different in there. I like the X-files in the 1st season coz it was just "scary stories" then when it went off with that alien story non-stop I got bored and stopped. SUpernatural on the other hand has the long running theme, but still chucks in the occasional one-off "scary story." Plus they have some awesome eps. Like the Ghostchasers one and the one when Sam and Dean were normal guys in tha office!

A+++ for SUpernatural.

Honestly, I never found those toys all that great. They just had a hologram in them...

5FDP
26th November 2009, 01:40 PM
Although the new season is due on the telly, I am tempted to find other means and watch it asap if ya know what I mean.

It is coming back to Channel 10 next Monday at 830 PM with a double episode. I have found these 'other means' and have watched up to episode 10 of season 5. Trust me... it keeps getting better.

Honestly, I never found those toys all that great. They just had a hologram in them...

Awww... come on. They were great :p

GoktimusPrime
28th November 2009, 08:36 AM
So who met Jared Padalecki at last year's Supanova? I attended Supanova but missed him. Admittely I don't really watch the show nor am I a fan, but some of my friends who like the show met him and were pretty excited. One mate of mine had a photo of himself with Jared as his facebook profile pic for a while! :D

5FDP
28th November 2009, 10:49 AM
I only found out that Jared was at Supanova after I had left. I didn't bother reading the program guide that comes in the 'showbag' :(

There was also a Supernatural convention earlier this year (April) in Sydney. Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins, and Jared were present. Cost of tickets were about $1,500 from memory. A bit too rich for me.

There will be another next year - All Hell Breaks Loose Part II on May 8th (Sydney) and May 9th (Melbourne).

And don't forget - Supernatural comes back to Channel 10 this Monday 30/11 at 8.30 PM :D

GoktimusPrime
28th November 2009, 04:35 PM
I didn't know Jared was going to be there, but I walked past his table which had a massive photo of him. Also, everyone at the convention seemed to be talking about him. People were coming up to me and saying, "Hey Goki did you meet Jared Padalecki?" and I was like "Who?" :p

There was also a Supernatural convention earlier this year (April) in Sydney. Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins, and Jared were present. Cost of tickets were about $1,500 from memory. A bit too rich for me.
Yeah... and that's why I've never even contemplated getting any international guests down for a Transformers convention here! :p Wow, for that price you might as well fly over to a convention in the US!

Sleeve
29th November 2009, 04:25 PM
Watching this show 'religiously' is an understatement. I did the first three seasons over the course of four days. :p

I don't think they'll take it past Season 5. With everything they've introduced there's not much more they can do, and Eric Kripke has stated he only wants to do five, although Jared and Jensen have both signed on for a sixth in case the network decides to continue with it.

Sucks we have to wait another two months for the next episode. 'Abandon All Hope...' was awesome.

5FDP
30th November 2009, 09:02 AM
Spoiler...

Yeah, the last episode was great. I like how they are working the 4 horsemen into the storyline.

Because they only had enough material for 5 seasons initially, i'm hoping that if they do continue (as you said, Jensen and Jared are signed on for a sixth season), they wrap things up and then re-badge the show and treat it as a spin-off.

Sleeve
30th November 2009, 07:05 PM
Because they only had enough material for 5 seasons initially, i'm hoping that if they do continue (as you said, Jensen and Jared are signed on for a sixth season), they wrap things up and then re-badge the show and treat it as a spin-off.

Ghostfacers? :p

5FDP
1st December 2009, 08:22 AM
Ghostfacers? :p

Now that, I would watch :D Those guys are hilarious.

Unregistered
1st December 2009, 05:56 PM
There will be another next year - All Hell Breaks Loose Part II on May 8th (Sydney) and May 9th (Melbourne).

REALLY?? That's incredibly exciting because I was shattered I missed it this year!! YAY!
I hope the tickets aren't as expensive as they were this year either!

5FDP
1st December 2009, 06:30 PM
REALLY?? That's incredibly exciting because I was shattered I missed it this year!! YAY!
I hope the tickets aren't as expensive as they were this year either!

Ticket prices at the moment (subject to change) are -

Day ticket $120
VIP day ticket $650
Platinum Day ticket $1000

Confirmed special guests -

Jim Beaver
Misha Collins
Samantha Ferris

More to be announced soon :)

Unregistered
2nd December 2009, 06:36 PM
Ticket prices at the moment (subject to change) are -

Day ticket $120
VIP day ticket $650
Platinum Day ticket $1000

Confirmed special guests -

Jim Beaver
Misha Collins
Samantha Ferris

More to be announced soon :)

Fantastic! Thanks for that =) Is there a website atm that I can visit?

5FDP
2nd December 2009, 09:36 PM
Fantastic! Thanks for that =) Is there a website atm that I can visit?

You're very welcome :)

For Supernatural convention information, click here (http://www.thehubproductions.com/supernatural/Home.html)

5FDP
7th December 2009, 10:46 AM
*Bump*

New episodes of Supernatural tonight on channel 10 at 8.30 - Free to Be You and Me, and The End.

Still early in season 5 so plenty of opportunity to 'catch-up' on the story :D

It's likely that if Channel 10 continue with double episodes each Monday, they would have caught up to the US when the show returns to air on the 21st of Jan.

5FDP
5th January 2010, 09:58 AM
*Bump again*

For those that are interested, season 4 comes out on DVD tomorrow!

JB HI FI have an exclusive 7 disc set (http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd-genres/tv/supernatural-season-4-7-dvd-set/473881) featuring interviews with the creator, writers and producers of Supernatural filmed at 2008's Comic Con convention in San Diego.

I have mine pre-ordered :D

In other disappointing news, Channel 10 have decided to drop the show (which was airing on Monday nights throughout summer) indefinitely citing poor ratings. This is despite pulling in an average audience of half a million every week -

Week 49 514,000
Week 49 532,000
Week 50 581,000
Week 50 546,000
Week 52 461,000

TEN also has dropped Stargate Universe which aired on Monday nights with no plans to bring it back.

This is just another programming stuff-up by the network that decided to show Transformers Animated in 15 minute blocks and butchered it by cutting out scenes. They have absolutely no respect for their viewers :mad: And they wonder why the consistently get spanked in the ratings by Channels 7 and 9.

i_amtrunks
5th January 2010, 10:28 AM
I thought Supernatural was "dropped" for now as they have caught up with the US episodes...

5FDP
5th January 2010, 10:45 AM
It was dropped after the fifth episode - half of what has already been shown in the US.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2009/12/gone-stargate-universe-supernatural.html

Channel 10's programming department has been contacted and a spokesperson confirmed that they don't know when it will return as it's "not that popular".

Guess I'll have to go back to other means when the show returns to the CW network on the 21st of Jan.

5FDP
14th January 2010, 12:47 PM
Just letting any other Supernatural fans know that the season 4 box set has a reproduction error in that there are no special features on disc 6 as advertised on the packaging.

Warner Bros. Australia is aware of this error and will issue a replacement disc to you. Just email their customer service team at AUCustServ@warnerbros.com with your address details.

This is also the case with any imported copies from the UK.

5FDP
6th April 2010, 01:00 PM
Supernatural has returned to Channel 10 (Monday nights). Woo Hoo! Last nights episode was 'Changing Channels' which is the 8th episode in the current season.

Channel 10 has some catch-up to do as the US is up to episode 17 (airing this week).

It is not known at this stage how long Channel 10 will keep airing new episodes of Supernatural. If past experience is anything to go by, I would guess that it wouldn't be for much longer or at least until they blow the dust off their 80's movie vault again.

Also, don't forget that All Hell Breaks Loose II (http://www.thehubproductions.com/events/supernatural-2010/home) (Supernatural convention) is next month in both Sydney and Melbourne. Confirmed guests are -

Jim Beaver (aka. Bobby Singer)
Misha Collins (aka. Castiel)
Samantha Ferris (aka. Ellen Harvell)
Rob Benedict (aka. Chuck Shurley)
Julie McNiven (aka. Anna Milton)

Burn
6th April 2010, 06:05 PM
Australia has a Supernatural convention?

Hot diggity! I'd love to go just to meet Misha Collins.

i_amtrunks
6th April 2010, 08:03 PM
The episode on last night is one of my favourites (and the missus liked it too, as it wasn't "scary").

Needed more Castiel though, Misha Collins does some awesome work portraying him (especially in a future episode!)

5FDP
7th April 2010, 09:11 AM
Agreed. Misha Collins is definitely my favourite character in the show. The episode with just Dean and Castiel (without Sam and his annoying facial expressions) was great. They have an awesome chemistry on camera.

5FDP
26th April 2010, 10:35 PM
Well... Channel 10 have done it again. They've canned Supernatural indefinitely due to 'poor ratings' in favour of The Cleveland Show :confused:

I give up. I vow never to watch Channel 10 again... seriously!!.

liegeprime
26th April 2010, 11:02 PM
Ive only been watching this show every now and then - and the constant canning is prolly why I only chance on it every now and then, but it's kinda funny that the character playing Dean... is also named "Dean" when he was younger at Gilmore Girls.... guess the name stuck heheheh:D

i_amtrunks
27th April 2010, 01:42 PM
but it's kinda funny that the character playing Dean... is also named "Dean" when he was younger at Gilmore Girls.... guess the name stuck heheheh:D

Not quite, the "Dean" from Gilmore Girls is called "Sam" in Supernatural, his brother is "Dean". :D

Always muddles me up. :p

5FDP
12th May 2010, 12:05 PM
Just a reminder to other Supernatural fans here, the season finale airs in 2 days time. Here is a promo for 'Swan Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcIuVn1qrMA&feature=player_embedded)' to wet your appetites.

My wife and I are having a Supernatural themed 'party' this Friday night with a few friends coming over to watch the episode. The menu so far includes yellow-eyed coolers, hex bags (money bags), devil wings etc.:D

liegeprime
13th May 2010, 08:23 AM
Just a reminder to other Supernatural fans here, the season finale airs in 2 days time. Here is a promo for 'Swan Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcIuVn1qrMA&feature=player_embedded)' to wet your appetites.

My wife and I are having a Supernatural themed 'party' this Friday night with a few friends coming over to watch the episode. The menu so far includes yellow-eyed coolers, hex bags (money bags), devil wings etc.:D

Oh yeah, dead people knocking at your door, strange eerie noises while your watching.... unexplained power outages, unexplainable plates thrown on the walls ....:D:D

5FDP
13th May 2010, 10:39 AM
Oh yeah, dead people knocking at your door, strange eerie noises while your watching.... unexplained power outages, unexplainable plates thrown on the walls ....:D:D

LOL... got that problem solved - we're lining the doors and windows with salt (http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Salt) ;)

5FDP
23rd July 2010, 11:46 PM
Season Six *spoliers*

Just letting other Supernatural fans know that season 6 starts on September 25th. Things are already starting to get interesting with the announcement of a major villain returning - the Yellow-Eyed Demon rumoured to be played by Mitch Pileggi who has already signed on for multiple episodes.

Also, spoilertv.com is currently running a poll for the 'best show ever'. Supernatural has made it through to the semi finals and is up against Lost. Results so far is split 50 / 50 with almost 7,000 votes submitted. To help Supernatural advance in the contest, click here (http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/07/best-show-ever-semi-final-2-lost-vs.html) and cast your vote.

Hursticon
24th July 2010, 12:39 AM
Season Six *spoliers*

Just letting other Supernatural fans know that season 6 starts on September 25th. Things are already starting to get interesting with the announcement of a major villain returning - the Yellow-Eyed Demon rumoured to be played by Mitch Pileggi who has already signed on for multiple episodes.

Also, spoilertv.com is currently running a poll for the 'best show ever'. Supernatural has made it through to the semi finals and is up against Lost. Results so far is split 50 / 50 with almost 7,000 votes submitted. To help Supernatural advance in the contest, click here (http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/07/best-show-ever-semi-final-2-lost-vs.html) and cast your vote.

Done and Done good sir!
Supernatural is great and I hope it continues to get bigger and better. :D

5FDP
2nd August 2010, 11:00 PM
Well, the poll has closed and the winner of Semi Final 2 (Lost vs Supernatural) was....................

SUPERNATURAL :D

There were 14,457 votes cast, and Supernatural came away with 51.19% of the votes compared to 48.81% for Lost.

Thanks to everyone that voted *cough* Hursticon *cough*

Bring on the next round!

Hursticon
3rd August 2010, 01:59 AM
Well, the poll has closed and the winner of Semi Final 2 (Lost vs Supernatural) was....................

SUPERNATURAL :D

There were 14,457 votes cast, and Supernatural came away with 51.19% of the votes compared to 48.81% for Lost.

Thanks to everyone that voted *cough* Hursticon *cough*

Bring on the next round!

Awesome, I'm surprised it ended up basically 50/50 though, in my eyes LOST wasn't even competition. :p:D

5FDP
7th November 2010, 04:33 PM
Season 6 is well underway with episode 7 airing yesterday (unfortunately not on Australian TV).

If you missed out on the rest of season 5, you're in luck as the DVD boxset is being released this week Wednesday (10/11).

JB HI FI (http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd-genres/tv/supernatural-season-5-6-dvd-set/577103) seems to have it the cheapest at $59.98 (or $69.98 on Blu-ray).

For those of us lucky enough to be watching the latest season, there is a special treat in store with Robert Englund (http://www.buddytv.com/articles/supernatural/nightmare-casting-robert-englu-38437.aspx) (aka Freddy Krueger) making a guest appearance on the show very soon :cool:

5FDP
10th January 2011, 07:18 PM
Supernatural continues to dominate by taking out The Best TV Show of 2010 (http://au.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b218544_we_have_winner_best_tv_show_of_2010.html?c mpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-kristin&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_kristin) :D

Also, as a reminder to other Supernatural fans, the show returns with episode 12 on the January the 29th.

5FDP
5th May 2011, 11:14 PM
Supernatural has been renewed for season 7 (http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Vampire-Diaries--Gossip-Girl--90210--more-renewed-by-CW/8095904)!! Sorry, I realise that I'm the only one keeping this thread alive... I just had to share my joy :D

Hursticon
7th May 2011, 05:51 PM
Supernatural has been renewed for season 7 (http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Vampire-Diaries--Gossip-Girl--90210--more-renewed-by-CW/8095904)!! Sorry, I realise that I'm the only one keeping this thread alive... I just had to share my joy :D

I'd still be watching it if Network 10 stuck to a proper airing schedule! :mad:
They've become like the 9 Network with Top Gear and The Big Bang Theory - They air each episode at a different time every bloody week and mix it with old episodes! :confused::mad:
(And they wonder why people download instead of watching TV :rolleyes:)

Back on track... :o
That's excellent new to hear that they've been picked up for a 7th season, I've not seen anything past the end of season 5 (*Potential Spoiler: Where Sam goes to hell after his Devil possession, Castiel's head explosion was awesome! :p), so it's good to hear that there is plenty to watch after that. ;):cool:

i_amtrunks
8th May 2011, 12:23 PM
I wonder what they'll do for season 7?

I'd kinda like to see them go back to something akin to season 1, where they hunted a monster of the week for a while. Need a bit of downtime, "relaxing" if you will after all the big end crazy bad guys they've dealt with!

As long as we still get Castiel, Misha Collins is brilliant.

5FDP
11th May 2011, 10:38 PM
I wonder what they'll do for season 7?

I'd kinda like to see them go back to something akin to season 1, where they hunted a monster of the week for a while. Need a bit of downtime, "relaxing" if you will after all the big end crazy bad guys they've dealt with!

That's what season 6 was supposed to be like. To be honest, the current season was a bit of a let down during the first half, but whoa.... last weekends ep was AWESOME :cool: The season final is on the 21st of May with a double episode. I'll be having the usual Supernatural party to celebrate :D

As long as we still get Castiel, Misha Collins is brilliant.

Agreed. I can't imagine the show without him.