PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of the Fallen released on USB?

1AZRAEL1
26th November 2009, 11:11 AM
Taken from Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/revenge-of-the-fallen-on-usb/17395/)

I like the idea, I may have to pick it up just for the simple fact that it is cool.

kup
26th November 2009, 12:30 PM
I like the idea too, its clever and feels progressive. I won't get this ROTF release but if another movie (say the original TF movie) is released like this, I will get it.

Paulbot
26th November 2009, 12:55 PM
I saw some USB sticks "preloaded with a movie" on sale at Big W the other day... just trying to remember what films they were... clearly not Transformers :confused:

mknell
26th November 2009, 04:46 PM
I'd want only the Autobot logo usb, I wonder if thats what Big W has or just normal usbs

Paulbot
26th November 2009, 06:59 PM
Just normal looking USBs. About three or four films to choose from. Just recalled one was Terminator 3.

Zippo
26th November 2009, 08:26 PM
How do I get this... It looks awesome.
Not for the movie, but for the USB.

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th November 2009, 10:01 AM
How do I get this... It looks awesome.
Not for the movie, but for the USB.

My thoughts exactly. I want that USB!:D

MV75
5th December 2009, 10:21 PM
4GB? Too small, would be crud quality. I think I'll stick with DVD.

Seraphim Prime
7th December 2009, 12:07 AM
4GB? Too small, would be crud quality. I think I'll stick with DVD.

DVDs typically only have 4.7GB of space. Take out the special features and you could easily fit a movie on a 4GB USB without loss of quality.

MV75
7th December 2009, 06:26 PM
Per layer yea. Most if not all the dvds I have are dual layer. ;)

It's a point about taking stuff out, but it'll still be something that's only "watch on the computer" type of quality.

kurdt_the_goat
7th December 2009, 07:17 PM
These days you can convert DVD's to around 700MB files with almost no visible quality loss (personally I watch via streaming to Xbox 360). By "no visible quality loss", I mean I might notice some compression, but a regular person like my wife could never tell the difference.

MV75
8th December 2009, 07:15 PM
Man, I was doing that like ~10 years ago. :D

It does depend on the output device of course (TV), but I still say it's too small a device. I'll still stick with DVD. And if you really want the high quality, well, let's just say that the stick is in the region of 21GB too small. :p

But hey, I do see it as a good thing overall, at least this is a first step away from optical media, well, you all know what I mean retail wise. The first person that mentions betamax or vhs gets their toys broken.