PDA

View Full Version : hi all

SpiderPrime9
5th March 2008, 03:17 PM
Hey guys,

My name is Adam, been a transformer fan as long as I can remember (literally I was a year old when the first episode came out so I dont know what my first episode was) but I do remember purchasing a Rodimus Prime toy from the movie! I am Malaysian born but have lived in sydney for the last 6 years and unfortunately most of my collection is back in Malaysia (though it seems a lot smaller now that I have seen some of your collections)

In Aus I have all the transformer movie toys including most re colours and I am pretty much saving up for the new animated series toys (which sorry but has been pretty disappointing for me!)

My hobby is Transformers and Comics, I sell and trade a bit on ebay, mainly Movie toys in case anyone is interested and just collect TF DVDS, t shirts, hats etc!!

Well maybe a bit of a long intro but oh well!

Oh and my fav Transformer is Rodimus and toy is PowerMaster Prime.. thats all!

iceburn
5th March 2008, 03:33 PM
hi Adam...nice to hear from you

just wondering why you are saving up for the animated series toys when you said they were pretty disappointing to you??

SpiderPrime9
5th March 2008, 04:37 PM
yeah I tend not to buy too many toys from series I don't like but..

1) I always try to buy Optimus Prime
2) Its been 11 episodes right? you know sometimes the shows don't get good till the end of the season? I am hoping for some more interesting eps, I know they are gonna stay pretty childish but I do love G1 Cameos..
3) Some toys are just too cool haha

Where do I view/post collection photos? thanks

1orion2many
5th March 2008, 04:40 PM
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum. Isn't it obvious Iceburn why he is saving up, he is a true fan and despite the craptacular nature of TF animation a TF collector will buy these, including me despite my severely low opinion of both the cartoon and toys:o. Grapples artistic creations if you want to see peoples collections, just search through the pages:D.

GoktimusPrime
5th March 2008, 05:59 PM
"Spider-Prime, Spider-Prime, does whatever a spider..." uh... Primes? :p

My hobby is Transformers and Comics
What about Transformer comics - the real G1? ;)

Where do I view/post collection photos? thanks
Here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=15) :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb3.jpg

roller
5th March 2008, 08:30 PM
hi

good to have another Rodimus liker

you got any kopi ping or roti canai for me?

Paulbot
5th March 2008, 10:06 PM
Welcome

Saintly
5th March 2008, 11:00 PM
welcome adam!

i thought for a minute there you were my cousin! until you mentioned you are living in sydney :P

anyway... welcome! hope u enjoy your stay... you can never have too many OPs :)

SpiderPrime9
6th March 2008, 02:19 AM
"Spider-Prime, Spider-Prime, does whatever a spider..." uh... Primes?

erm... Spider prime spider prime always doing his spider rhyme???

about comics, I dont actually collect TF comics, I have a few, like the IDW, new g1 stuff, some movie stuff and Avengers Transformers but no Original G1.. I mainly collect Marvel Comics (even though TF used to be Marvel) X-Men, Spider-man, New Avengers and stuff if anyone reads them...

you got any kopi ping or roti canai for me?
Man I wish I had some roti! or some rendang :D there are a few good restaurants in Sydney..

Just wondering if everyone took a long time to get the (full) movie collection? I dont really know other collectors so Im curious how you all got them, ebay? toys r us etc??

Paulbot
6th March 2008, 09:09 AM
about comics, I dont actually collect TF comics, I have a few, like the IDW, new g1 stuff, some movie stuff and Avengers Transformers but no Original G1.. I mainly collect Marvel Comics (even though TF used to be Marvel) X-Men, Spider-man, New Avengers and stuff if anyone reads them...
Yep there's a few comic collectors here. X-Men is my second Fandom and I read a lot of Marvel books.

STL
6th March 2008, 10:47 AM
Welcome aboard. I'm also another comic freak. Probably less nowadays though I do enjoy the medium still. Just a bit hard to balance between novels and comics though!

Anyway, nice to see Rodimus has a fan! He's often maligned around fandom.

GoktimusPrime
6th March 2008, 12:00 PM
Just wondering if everyone took a long time to get the (full) movie collection? I dont really know other collectors so Im curious how you all got them, ebay? toys r us etc??

I got most of mine from Target - grabbed them all quickly when they hit shelves about April/May last year. :)

Just a bit hard to balance between novels and comics though!

IMO the Transformers novels (Keepers Trilogy) are complete sh*t. Well, I've read half of the first book... it's just too crap for me to keep reading. In fact, I had to force myself to read past the first chapter, hoping it would get better... but it didn't.

Cartoon Rodimus does yes, not so much animosity toward his Marvel Comic counterpart though. :)

SpiderPrime9
6th March 2008, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by STL

Yeah I do love Rodimus even though he had those rambling chats to himself... reminds me of how Lion-0 would just talk and talk and describe everything he thought or was doing.... sometimes I think Rodimus is like Lion-O, he just needed a bit more time to grow into greatness, who doesn't mess up??? dunno if you guys watched Thundercats too...

I always try to get Rodimus toys as well if the budget allows... have to say my fav is my 87 Rodimus in his box and Titanium series was pretty awesome...

Orginally Posted by Goktimus Prime
Cartoon Rodimus does yes, not so much animosity toward his Marvel Comic counterpart though.

What was he like in the comics?? any chance he'll make one of the TF movies?!

GoktimusPrime
6th March 2008, 06:08 PM
The main thing that makes a lot of people dislike Rodimus Prime is how he often whined about his burden as the "chosen one" and how he'll never live up to the greatness of Optimus Prime yada yada yada. And no doubt that being Autobot leader is an immense burden and he has massive shoes to fill following in the footsteps of Optimus Prime... but comic Rodimus is generally more likeable because he basically just got over it and went on with getting the job done.

http://tfarchive.com/comics/marvel/covers/uk113.jpg "Bring me the head of Galvatron!"

Bartrim
6th March 2008, 09:39 PM
Welcome

Tiby
6th March 2008, 11:43 PM
Welcome aboard! I too like Rodimus as a character (shame about the toy). I thought he brought more humanity to the role of leader than the archetypal, god-like Optimus [dodges attacks...]

I guess that's why I like Optimus Primal better too.

GoktimusPrime
7th March 2008, 12:56 PM
Welcome aboard! I too like Rodimus as a character (shame about the toy).
+1. That toy was craptacular and a half. As a kid I never had it nor did I ever even want it! Hot Rod was the first boxed TF I got in 1986 and that's seriously a way better toy than Rodimus Prime. A friend of mine got Rodimus Prime, and although I enjoyed playing with it, I can't say that I ever really felt compelled to want it. I have two of them now. :p

But yeah, toywise Rodimus was nothing compared to Optimus Prime. As a kid I never even considered him to be a truck... I actually thought he was meant to be a caravan. d:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/homevideo/images/050503spaceballs.jpg Arise, Winnebagomus Prime!

I thought he brought more humanity to the role of leader than the archetypal, god-like Optimus [dodges attacks...]
Yeah, but not well. :p I agree that cartoon Prime was too much of a "Christ" archetype (i.e.: flawless saviour) which makes him a really uninteresting character. What makes characters interesting are their flaws and weaknesses. Having said that, they also need a good balance of strengths and coolness, and I find that cartoon Rodimus was often lacking in that department.

I guess that's why I like Optimus Primal better too.
Indeed. Optimus Primal and the Marvel Comic leaders had a better balance of being flawed yet kick-ass. ;D

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/3/30/Rodimusprimerequestdenied.jpg

roller
7th March 2008, 03:58 PM
What makes characters interesting are their flaws and weaknesses. Having said that, they also need a good balance of strengths and coolness, and I find that cartoon Rodimus was often lacking in that department.

Indeed. Optimus Primal and the Marvel Comic leaders had a better balance of being flawed yet kick-ass. ;D

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/3/30/Rodimusprimerequestdenied.jpg[/QUOTE]

But if cartoon prime was emo like every other super hero we'd never have G2

GoktimusPrime
7th March 2008, 04:56 PM
"Did somebody say emo?!" http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/f/f2/Silverboltbm.jpg/180px-Silverboltbm.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGLv3IEL0VI)