PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Missionaries

jaydisc
31st December 2007, 03:51 PM
I'm bringing this over from the old board as I think it was/is quite successful:

--

Hey Melbournites,

If you're anything like me, you enjoy a healthy dose of the hunt as much as you enjoy the results. I even get my satisfaction if I find something that I know is needed by a friend or fellow hunter. I know many of us on the board have experienced this type of pack-hunt-and-share methodology.

Now, when I'm on the hunt, I usually have my phone logged into email and OzFormers for any up-to-the-minute sightings and also so I can post back my own sightings in real time. I've even encouraged others to PM me quickly an I can make the purchase on their behalf while I'm still at the shop.

So, here's my idea. I know there are more hunters in Melbourne besides myself, STL and Iceburn. So, I was thinking we'd use a thread here to actively maintain our current want lists... retail stuff only... stuff we're likely to find in the shops. And, if one of us sees something on another's list, we grab it and notify them.

Now, of course, I don't expect everyone to be online while hunting, so just come here and have a peak at this one thread before you go out hunting.

To work successfully, I think we'd need to understand a few things.

1. No one expects anyone to have the extra money to buy someone else's desires. If you do, great. If you don't, don't feel bad. I've got good enough cash flow that I can do this. I don't expect anyone else to. No guilt allowed. :)

2. You've got to come back here and update your list when you get something via other means, because the last thing I want to do is come home with three Rescue Ratchets only to find out that you've gotten them elsewhere. Keep your list up to date or remove it.

3. Make sure that if you do purchase anything on anyone else's behalf, make sure it's refundable, in case rule 2 was applied to late or for any other reasons. And don't be upset if this happens. Personally, I know I'll be back in any of those shops soon so returning it really isn't a hassle. Be prepared for and forgiving of mistakes.

So, what do you think? Is anyone interested. Any further suggestions to polish the concept?

EDIT: December 6th:

OK, we've been doing this for a bit now and I think it's quite successful. Here are some additonal enhancements and suggestions which have organically arisen since this idea's inception:

4. Please post the maximum you're willing to pay for an item.

5. Let's try to keep this topic focused and efficient. If you enter into a discussion in this topic and it gets resolved, let's delete out those old posts. In theory, each of us should only have one post in here, so when it comes time to shop, it's relatively painless and easy to see what everyone wants. So, chat if you must, but when done... clean up your act

Added By Griffin 10th December 2008:

I notice that most of you already do this to an extent, and to try to avoid future issues of people missing new stuff because they weren't able to be informed - include all the items in your want lists, of stuff that hasn't yet been released.
Maybe in your posted listing, have 3 sections - one section of old items (pre-the-current-year), one section with current items (the current year), and one section with the unreleased stuff we know about. You can get the list of future stuff from here:
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=561
I will try to keep it up-to-date more often to help out, but if you see something that is to be released in the next few months that you definitely know you will be getting, have it on your list. With the recent Animated 2-pack situation, some people were at home when they left for them, so they could have easily just seen here who wanted them.

Just keep the sections split up or even colour coded, to make it easier for others to browse through easily.
And try to keep your listings as cleaned up as possible, so that the items you want aren't missed amongst heaps of crossed out items.

One of our community's best assets is the way a lot of us do go to the trouble of getting new or limited stuff for other members, if we can, before the toy scalpers or 'unappreciative' kids/parents. I don't want to see this cooperative concept be shelved or go underground, just because of one or two bad outcomes.

Added: July 2, 2009

6. Addendum to point 5. A lot of us strike-through already acquired items along with a tip of the hat to whomever helped as acquire it. I think this is a nice gesture, but let's keep these within reason. We don't need to stay aware of what someone got for you months ago. We can browse acquisitions for that.

Borgeman
30th October 2008, 09:05 AM
updated with universe legends i havent picked up, if someone sees them please grab for me

-------------------------------------
WANT

Battle Damaged Prime Bust

POSSIBLE FUTURE GROUP ORDERING (though the poo $AU means it may be a while...)

Henkei Galvatron
Henkei Powerglide
Henkei Onslaught
Henkei Silverbolt
Henkei Sunstreaker
Henkei Sideswipe
Henkei Prowl
Henkei Ironhide
Henkei Octane
Henkei Streak

NEED TO PICK UP

MyClones - STL
Hound - Jay

George

Wheel-J
23rd November 2008, 09:11 PM
CURRENT TRANSFORMERS WANTS
Classics Kup, Scourge, Grapple, Wheeljack, Reflector, Warpath

OLD TRANSFORMERS WANTS
Alternity Bumblebee (red) aka Cliffjumper
Animated Electrostatic Soundwave
Animated Thundercracker
TF Movie Fracture (Walmart Exclusive) - new/loose, complete in mint condition

FUTURE TRANSFORMERS WANTS
Botcon 2011 Animated Stunticons Set!!!

swoop
18th January 2009, 08:26 PM
currently looking for pcc 5 packs stakeout and crankcase if anyone has seen them could they point me in the right direction

Stompy
19th January 2009, 11:01 PM
- TFA Deluxe Electrostatic Soundwave (with Ratbat)
- TFA Deluxe Freeway Jazz
- HFTD "Sideways Sneak Attack" (Legends Arcee, Elita-1 & Chromia + Deluxe Sideways)
- TF DotM Deluxe Soundwave
- TF DotM Human Alliance Soundwave
- TF DotM Human Alliance Leadfoot
- TF DotM Human Alliance Roadbuster

lcz128
17th May 2009, 07:53 AM
After a good bit of cleanup...

Wants:

Universe 2.0/Classics
Botcon Clear Mirage max 110AUD

G1
Japanese Grand Maximus

Acquired
Classics Devastator Maximus (the g1-esque colourscheme) max 110AUD
25th Anni Legends
Wheelie
Bumblebee
Rodimus

JuzMel
16th June 2009, 12:45 PM
Deleted previous post, here's the new list:

RTS Deluxes:
- Jazz
- Tracks
- Mindset

RTS Voyagers:
- Strafe
- Lugnut
- Solar Storm Grapple

PCC:
- Grimstone w/ Dinobots

Done-zo Nick! ;)

Victory DVD Set if anyone has spares to sell.. :)

I know the set of 3: Headmasters / Masterforce / Victory for $94 at JB HiFi is much more worth it, but I already have the first two so don't see any point in getting that full set unless I can get that lazy ass to sell off the first two. :D

Picked those up ages ago!

I'm looking for the Transforming Bumblebee DVD Set.

Paul,
Robot Heroes Megatron/Chromia
Robot Heroes Mixmaster/Ironhide

can be found at Kmart 24/7 the one I usually frequent. Still about 2-3 of each and if I pop by again 2moro to check for the DVD again, I'll pick them up for you.

Also have already found that ages ago! :)

Linthart
18th August 2009, 11:17 AM
I'd love a unicron at a good price :D
I keep missing them when they come up

Takara transformers collection #6 (that's subtle right ;p)
Takara transformers collection #9 Starscream - loose prefered
Takara transformers collection Stepper - loose prefered

and as always, my dream litho at any price (almost)
i saw a repro on eBay on once but never to be found again :(

sifun
27th September 2009, 11:51 AM
Universe 2.0

Dreadwind

Myclone
Series 3 - Trypticon, Jazz, thrust <-will trade for Tryp and Jazz for Galv and Rodimus my clones

Grails
Galaxy Force Noizemaze Mass production
Superlink Shadowhawk Marine Type
Galaxy Force Starscream, Sonicbomber

Blink90210
20th December 2010, 05:53 PM
can anyone help out a bro with an $8 Windcharger from Melbourne if they see one? If anyone is able to, a PM would be great.
Thanks gang!

edit - FOUND, thanks to the kindness board members.

ITZTRU
2nd March 2011, 10:50 AM
Hi all,

looking for ROTF Leader Megatron - pay up to whatever they normally retail for

also for leader Starscream from BIG W (on sale for 39 i think)
and
Batlle Ops BB from Kmart (on sale for about the same price)

thanks in advance!

Scratch the Bumblebee, I just got my hands on him...just the Megatron and Starscream now please :)

Got em all thanx anyway

WIIGII
9th March 2011, 11:01 PM
Long shot, but Transfomers UNITED Jazz and Tracks (around $30 each)

Zippo
25th March 2011, 10:29 PM
I'm on the lookout for RtS Goldbug and Lugnut from Target. Will be checking stores tomorrow so any leads welcome.

Pretty much any Target has Gold Bee - the CBD store on Monday had one (only Legend in store)

From today's hunt - Southland has Lugnut (I think, might be getting confused)

Paulbot
26th March 2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the tips and offers to help. Got Lugnut and Goldbug today.

Now just to find Generations Dirge. (Which I think my local store has, will check tomorrow)

KillinSpoon
26th March 2011, 06:49 PM
Was there more than one Luggy?

Paulbot
26th March 2011, 07:07 PM
No sorry. Tried 4 Target stores today and saw only one Lugnut.

KillinSpoon
26th March 2011, 07:09 PM
Damn... ah well, at least I wont be heading to Southland tomorrow anymore :D

Paulbot
26th March 2011, 07:13 PM
You're not trying the Toyworld or Target there then?

KillinSpoon
26th March 2011, 07:16 PM
I'm assuming you grabbed the lugnut from there?

Paulbot
26th March 2011, 07:19 PM
I'm assuming you grabbed the lugnut from there?
Nope. I got mine from Doncaster. Southland might still be stocked. :)

KillinSpoon
26th March 2011, 07:31 PM
Alright, the hunt...
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3524/huntison.png
...is on!

Zippo
27th March 2011, 07:11 AM
In all my hunting, Chadstone is the only place that had Windchargers
3 available at regular price

Any Target that has the Legends will have Prowl or Trailcutter

JuzMel
12th April 2011, 09:38 AM
Hi guys,

Iceburn is looking for RTS Windcharger and Wreck-gar, if any of you kind souls have any spares to sell and can meet and pass them to be before I fly off this Friday to Singapore, that would be good.

Don't PM me here, email me: melchenyi@hotmail.com or send me a facebook msg if you have me on your list. Thanks! ;)

swoop
12th April 2011, 08:07 PM
Epping safeway had heavy tread last time I was in there I'll check for you thursday when I'm over there

iceburn
14th April 2011, 12:18 AM
RTS Windcharger scout
RTS Trailcutter legend
RTS Prowl legend

MOSCs please and as cheaply as possible please. Please see if you can pass to JuzMel and I'll pay you via bank deposit once acquired.

grimlock has sourced these out for me, so he'll try to contact you Mel. thanks for helping me out...

JuzMel
14th April 2011, 10:07 AM
grimlock has sourced these out for me, so he'll try to contact you Mel. thanks for helping me out...
Yeah I know Bro, I was the one who asked him to liase with you as he wanted some Scourges. So I'll meet him today after work to get your stuff. ;)

Hopefully can squeeze in some time for toy hunt when I'm in SG. :D

swoop
14th April 2011, 07:07 PM
sorry Jaydisc heavy tread is gone from safeway

iceburn
21st April 2011, 12:32 PM
Generations Warpath

Golden Phoenix
22nd May 2011, 09:38 AM
Updating the list a bit

Current Wants
- ROTF Human Alliance Mudflap
- ROTF Human Alliance Barricade
- ROTF Human Alliance Jazz
- United Jazz
- United Tracks
- PCC Dinobots
- PCC Constructicons
- Universe 2.0 Dropshot

General Wants
- Robot Masters Leo Convoy
- Titanium Rodimus Prime (6")
- Titanium G1 Ultra Magnus (6")
- Galaxy Force Rumble (Blue)
- Energon Superion Maximus
- Binaltech Miester (Zoom Zoom variant)
- Beast Wars Neo Stampy

autobreadticon
10th June 2011, 05:13 PM
can someone please tell me where i can get a generation wheeljack, thanks

swoop
13th June 2011, 07:32 PM
can someone please tell me where i can get a generation wheeljack, thanks

Kmart campbellfield had two on saturday

higsy19
3rd February 2012, 11:27 AM
I am on the hunt for TF MOVIE MIB sealed/ or unsealed-

movie 2007

Leaders Megs & OP - aquired both for $65 each misb
Leader Brawl

Voyager Blackout in negotiations with autocon

First Encounter BB vs Barricade acquired for $20 +postage misb

Evolutions of a HERO

Vintage BB Camaro deluxe $10 + post misb[B]

Jazz deluxe

Most Deluxe figures ...

[B]ROTF 2009

Leader Megs - shadow or normal - in negitiations with autocon

Voyager - Fallen

Devastator

Most Deluxe figures ...

DOTM 2011

Jetwing - figure, no box is ok. target $99

Que, Soundwave - Deluxe

Most Deluxe figures ...

Paulbot
3rd February 2012, 11:32 AM
Nuts, I've got quite a few of those figures and I want to sell them, but I don't have complete boxes sorry.

Also where's "The Hill"? I don't know that name.

higsy19
3rd February 2012, 11:58 AM
Nuts, I've got quite a few of those figures and I want to sell them, but I don't have complete boxes sorry.

Also where's "The Hill"? I don't know that name.

Im interested mostly in Leaders if they are unboxed, but im easily sold.

let me know in PM if you prefer..

I live in north eastern suburbs of melbourne