PDA

View Full Version : KO Headmaster Heads

5FDP
3rd December 2009, 09:09 PM
Not an Australian Ebay seller, but worth mentioning in case anyone is in the market for any Headmaster heads.

KO Spike, Zarak, Kirk, Lione, Loafer, Rodney, Shuffler, and Trizer are popping up on Ebay. One of the sellers is named 'milinguo' (Italian based seller) and has sold numerous Headmaster heads over the last few months. It would be reasonable to assume that there are other sellers as well and it's only a matter of time before they show up on Ebay Australia.

For more information, refer to the website HIGHENDTFS (http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/33).

...And knowing is half the battle :D

griffin
3rd December 2009, 11:53 PM
Well that sucks. Now I'll probably never get the sixth JP Head (Shafler), without worrying about it being a fake.

GoktimusPrime
5th December 2009, 04:21 PM
...wow... I didn't think there would be enough demand to even justify producing KOs of these toys! (o_O) The annoying thing is that we know that there are people out there who _buy_ KOs and thus supporting this cursed industry. (-_-) :mad:

kup
5th December 2009, 05:24 PM
...wow... I didn't think there would be enough demand to even justify producing KOs of these toys! (o_O) The annoying thing is that we know that there are people out there who _buy_ KOs and thus supporting this cursed industry. (-_-) :mad:

The sale of a few at the full cost of an original (through trickery) will be worth it for them unfortunately.

It may be very expensive to reproduce toys of HasTak but it clearly isn't for these guys.

Omega Supreme
6th December 2009, 10:39 AM
Cheers for the heads up.

GoktimusPrime
6th December 2009, 01:44 PM
badoom-TISH! :)

liegeprime
6th December 2009, 03:12 PM
:(:(:(:( - Bad enough I cant afford the originals, now they're making Kos that Im guessing they try to pass off as the originals and at same price range since it'll be hard to tell via net pics.:mad::mad::mad:

GoktimusPrime
8th December 2009, 10:11 PM
Meh, I was never planning on getting the Headmaster Warriors so it doesn't really bother me. But it would totally suck for people who do want to collect them like griffin. :( Bootleggers are right up there with Scalpers on my list of "People I'd Like to Castrate With My Bare Hands." Yup. ;)

liegeprime
9th December 2009, 01:02 PM
heh, you and your balls fetish.:p

Scrapper
17th January 2010, 01:11 AM
I agree scalpers and ko makers are just as bad as each other. But I thought there was meant to be some law getting passed to stop this from continuing to be sold on ebay, or was that some rumor I heard?

5FDP
18th January 2010, 07:34 AM
Ebay have been cracking down on KO's for the last couple of years, but these are mostly ones that appear as MOSC and MISB as the bootleggers have gone to the extent of replicating the packaging as well as the figures (even down to the Hasbro logo and copyright).

Loose KO's appearing on Ebay are harder to identify as most out-of-the-package toys are hard to spot as there are fewer tell signs that it is fake.

reillyd
30th January 2010, 08:35 PM
Crap. I'd just come across a bargain of a deal, with only a one dollar bid on it
http://cgi.ebay.com/G1-Japanese-transformers-headmaster-mib-Loafer-Rofa_W0QQitemZ300391669493QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item45f0bd1ef5

I thought it was legitimate, as he had other Takara JP products to sell.
But if there are lots of heads popping up..... probably not worth taking the chance :(

I'll have to cancel my bid

reillyd
30th January 2010, 08:41 PM
I agree scalpers and ko makers are just as bad as each other. But I thought there was meant to be some law getting passed to stop this from continuing to be sold on ebay, or was that some rumor I heard?

There's a new buyer protection program on ebay now. Provided you send the item back with a tracking number, you'll have your full price plus shipping repaid WITHOUT having to provide documentation "proving" its a KO (which was ridiculous to begin with, as you could just fax in something with a letterhead if so inclined, because there'd be no way to send it in for grading and get it back before the paypal claim dispute time expired)

canofwhoopass_87
1st February 2010, 12:51 AM
Isn't that only ebay US?

On the topic of non legit HM heads on ebay, I've noticed a heap of japanese "customs" as well. Not quite KO's, but the sellers I've seen so far haven't tried passing them off as originals.

Eruntalon
18th June 2010, 08:03 PM
To anyone who owns the originals and/or the KO's would it be possible to take some close up photo's so I could compare the two?

langzixinxin
18th June 2010, 11:12 PM
To anyone who owns the originals and/or the KO's would it be possible to take some close up photo's so I could compare the two?

Most of the G1 KO are distinguishable. The plastic used on for the toys won't be as good as those "made in Japan".

If the toy plastic quality is <closer to/higher than> fansproject (made in China though), it would be real. If the quality is like today's TFs, then it might be KO.

Eruntalon
19th June 2010, 04:08 AM
...If the quality is like today's TFs, then it might be KO.

So basically the last part of your last sentence means that there is no way of accurately determining real from KO as KO can now be the same quality as real? Were there any colour differences between real and KO, for example I draw your attention to here: http://www.cobraislandtoys.com/tf/1987/rodney.html to the Lodoni headmaster. All sources indicate that the plastics used are coloured yellow for the limbs and blue for the body, but I have seen what I expect to be the real thing with yellow limbs and a more of a purple body.

langzixinxin
19th June 2010, 02:59 PM
So basically the last part of your last sentence means that there is no way of accurately determining real from KO as KO can now be the same quality as real? Were there any colour differences between real and KO, for example I draw your attention to here: http://www.cobraislandtoys.com/tf/1987/rodney.html to the Lodoni headmaster. All sources indicate that the plastics used are coloured yellow for the limbs and blue for the body, but I have seen what I expect to be the real thing with yellow limbs and a more of a purple body.

No, what I mean is it should be very easy to distinguish. The G1 transformers mostly were made in Japan. After G1, production country varied from Korea, Thailand, China, etc. Those "Made in Japan"s are definitely superior in quality.Today's KO, even its quality reaches the level of today's legit toys, still lower than G1 "made in Japan"s. So you should be able to identify them easily.

But what is difficult is, if someone had a vintage with some missing parts and he/she use KO parts to make it "complete".

As for the headmaster one, is it made in China? Cos I never heard that KO boss in China ever made any headmasters.

Eruntalon
19th June 2010, 05:08 PM
...As for the headmaster one, is it made in China? Cos I never heard that KO boss in China ever made any headmasters.

I don't know who is manufacturing them (headmaster warriors) as KO's, or what country of origin the KO's would come from specifically. I'm trying to determine how difficult it would be on the current market to duplicate the original set of six right down to the date stamps and the original plastic quality, the same fine mold indentations such as tiny circles and lines and the metal rivets in the joints.

Again I ask anyone here who has these headmaster warriors in their possession if they would kindly take some photographs of these items under the right lighting conditions. I have seen some advertised on the internet claiming that they are original but I'm unsure of the colours and would like some clarifications.

The Lodoni pictured here (http://www.cobraislandtoys.com/tf/1987/rodney.html) seems to be either blue or purple but in this source at Transformer Toys UK (http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/content.php?/transformers-toys/toy-gallery/1655/Generation+1/Lodoni.html) it is clearly a purple colour.

Another example, at this source (http://www.cobraislandtoys.com/tf/1987/kaku.html) for the headmaster warrior Kirk/Kaku shows his limbs as a vibrant marone-red, but I have seen others whose limbs are more like the colour of Loafer's limbs found here (http://www.cobraislandtoys.com/tf/1987/loafer.html) which are more of a brighter red going-on-purple.

griffin
25th June 2010, 10:20 AM
Saw the 10-pack KO set of JP Headmasters (the 6 individual ones, plus the 2 Maximus heads and the 2 Zarak heads), and they look real.
I was told that they don't have the copyright stamps on them, as the only way to tell the real from the fake.
I took some photos, and will post them later when I get the chance.

liegeprime
25th June 2010, 11:24 AM
Saw the 10-pack KO set of JP Headmasters (the 6 individual ones, plus the 2 Maximus heads and the 2 Zarak heads), and they look real.
I was told that they don't have the copyright stamps on them, as the only way to tell the real from the fake.

hmmm so if you must buy from ebay then you have to ask for a photo of copyright stamps from the seller?

Eruntalon
26th June 2010, 01:31 AM

Much appreciated. Thank you.