PDA

View Full Version : job searching!

Prime_217
11th December 2009, 12:27 AM
i have to say i am starting to get a bit annoyed with perth businesses because i cannot get a job. i am a 16- almost 17 year old, who has 2 months of holidays ahead of him and needs a job really badly for his hobby(you guessed it! collecting transformers) but no one will give me a job! i have aplied every where... except fast food places. i have worked at fast fiood places before and it is BAD!

roller
11th December 2009, 12:31 AM
Waldecks garden nursery are always after people

llamatron
11th December 2009, 10:50 AM
You're 16 and only looking for 2 months of employment. So is every other 16 year old. And it's already a tight market. Fast food is pretty much your only option. Suck it up, princess.

Prime_217
11th December 2009, 05:41 PM
You're 16 and only looking for 2 months of employment. So is every other 16 year old. And it's already a tight market. Fast food is pretty much your only option. Suck it up, princess.

i'm not looking for 2 months of employment. i am looking for a job i can keep all through next year, i just have these two months where i can work a lot more because i have no study or school to worry about. there was no need to be so rude

optimus1
11th December 2009, 05:46 PM
I guess u would have tried the good ol' Woolworths or Coles? why not even try for night stock filling?

Another one would be at a cafe? its not quite fast food but still should be easy enough to try and get into.

Good luck anyway :)

griffin
15th December 2009, 07:39 PM

That last bit wasn't called for, especially to a newer member. I would have removed it if I had been around to see it before others did.
We don't need an elitist reputation here - be kinder to the newbies or ignore them, don't talk down to them.

Lint
16th December 2009, 01:49 PM
i have to say i am starting to get a bit annoyed with perth businesses because i cannot get a job. i am a 16- almost 17 year old, who has 2 months of holidays ahead of him and needs a job really badly for his hobby(you guessed it! collecting transformers) but no one will give me a job! i have aplied every where... except fast food places. i have worked at fast fiood places before and it is BAD!

Fast food is not your only option. If you're willing to work outside of retail there should be plenty of people looking for labour, office or other odd jobs advertised on forgotten places such as school/uni bulletin boards, perth.gumtree.com.au or the community paper. They might not give you work every day of your summer but its still work.

Unfortunately if you don't have a car it can make it difficult to get a job. I remember the pain.