PDA

View Full Version : V IS BACK!

MeisterROB75
11th December 2009, 01:08 AM
S'pose this isn't news to most, but I've just seen an add for a remake of the '83 mini-series V which was very cool and made a big impression on me when I was a kid. Will be screening on 9 some time soon. Can't wait!:D

kup
11th December 2009, 01:50 AM
I have seen all the four episodes so far - It seems decent.

Certainly a lot better than that trash, Stargate: Universe.

jacksplatt11
11th December 2009, 01:59 AM
Can't wait to check it out, hopefully it's decent.

I remember watching the original as a kid, must've been a repeat cause I wasn't born until 87, but yeah I can remember most of the original

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th December 2009, 09:35 AM
Me too, I remember this cool bit where a dude gets his hand frozen and then in his panic smashes it on a rialing! I remeber thinking "OMG! That was awesome!!":eek:

jacksplatt11
11th December 2009, 11:06 AM
Me too, I remember this cool bit where a dude gets his hand frozen and then in his panic smashes it on a rialing! I remeber thinking "OMG! That was awesome!!":eek:

Hahaha that bit has stuck with me forever, pretty freaky as a kid haha

loophole
11th December 2009, 07:14 PM
S'pose this isn't news to most, but I've just seen an add for a remake of the '83 mini-series V which was very cool and made a big impression on me when I was a kid. Will be screening on 9 some time soon. Can't wait!:D

Its news to me i remeber watching V in year 5 and loved it!! when the time is confirmed can someone post it cause otherwise i'll forget and not watch it :(

MeisterROB75
14th December 2009, 10:11 PM
I have seen all the four episodes so far - It seems decent.

Certainly a lot better than that trash, Stargate: Universe.

I'm watching SGU at the mo and yeah, it's boring the crap out of me!

Where did you see the first 4 ep's of V? I assume online. I've been trying to find a good site to either download or stream from, but no luck yet.

MeisterROB75
14th December 2009, 10:15 PM
Its news to me i remeber watching V in year 5 and loved it!! when the time is confirmed can someone post it cause otherwise i'll forget and not watch it :(

Hey,

Channel 9 website should have details but at the mo it just states 'coming soon'. It has already screened in uk and us.

snaketales
14th December 2009, 11:18 PM

All I remember is a scene with a woman eating a mouse....

heroic_decepticon
15th December 2009, 01:31 AM
All I remember is a scene with a woman eating a mouse....

that would be Diana.

Diana was hot.

The_Damned
15th December 2009, 04:56 AM
I'm watching SGU at the mo and yeah, it's boring the crap out of me!

Where did you see the first 4 ep's of V? I assume online. I've been trying to find a good site to either download or stream from, but no luck yet.

i have watched 1- eps of stargate universe and i liked it,

kup
15th December 2009, 09:35 AM
i have watched 1- eps of stargate universe and i liked it,

Keep watching...or not for your sanity.

The_Damned
17th December 2009, 12:28 AM
i meant 10 episodes....:p

Robzy
21st December 2009, 10:02 PM
i have watched... stargate universe and i liked it,+1

I'm hooked on it too! It has a certain Macross feel about it!

Lord_Zed
21st December 2009, 11:42 PM
+1

Ok, now you've got my attention, explain...... :p

kup
22nd December 2009, 03:42 PM
+1

SGU has nothing to do with Macross. I have no idea where you got that from.

Robzy
22nd December 2009, 04:23 PM
Ok, now you've got my attention, explain...... :p
Well, IMO, it reminds me of Macross because it's about a large group of people from different backgrounds with different agendas (civilians, army, engineers, etc...) all trapped on this giant "alien" ship that's making it's way through space, and hopefully trying to get back to earth. Clearly the actual story-lines are different, and there's no mecha, but there are similarities (for me anyway). It's essentially a story about strangers trapped inside a giant "alien" space craft and trying to make life as "normal" as possible. I keep waiting for someone to suggest that they have a Miss Macross (or in this case a Miss Destiny) competition ;)

SGU has nothing to do with Macross. I have no idea where you got that from.I didn't say it had anything "to do" with Macross, I said it had a Macross-feel about it... as explained above! I can't believe you don't even see the slightest similarities!! If they ever made a live action Macross/Robotech movie, I'd love it to be dark and mysterious like this!

kup
22nd December 2009, 06:21 PM
Well, IMO, it reminds me of Macross because it's about a large group of people from different backgrounds with different agendas (civilians, army, engineers, etc...) all trapped on this giant "alien" ship that's making it's way through space, and hopefully trying to get back to earth. Clearly the actual story-lines are different, and there's no mecha, but there are similarities (for me anyway). It's essentially a story about strangers trapped inside a giant "alien" space craft and trying to make life as "normal" as possible. I keep waiting for someone to suggest that they have a Miss Macross (or in this case a Miss Destiny) competition ;)

I didn't say it had anything "to do" with Macross, I said it had a Macross-feel about it... as explained above! I can't believe you don't even see the slightest similarities!! If they ever made a live action Macross/Robotech movie, I'd love it to be dark and mysterious like this!

I honestly don't see it. I won't offend you by going into details but I have a very poor oppinion of SGU.

Back on topic, I enjoyed these first 4 V episodes and look forward to more in the new year.

Robzy
22nd December 2009, 11:09 PM
I honestly don't see it.
Well, I've tried my best to explain, but I can't make my points any clearer. I guess we just disagree.:)

I won't offend you by going into details but I have a very poor oppinion of SGU.

You won't offend me - I didn't write or create the series! :p Hey - we all have different opinions. I wouldn't say SG:U is my favourite show on TV, but I certainly haven't found it as bad as you have. I'd rather watch it than ROTF any day!! :eek:

I enjoyed these first 4 V episodes and look forward to more in the new year.
I'm curious to watch it too now - I know nothing about it, but I'll give it a go!