PDA

View Full Version : My neck, my back, my... How do you sort Lego.

TF76
13th December 2009, 05:04 PM
First time in years I'm playing... I mean sorting my childhood Lego. The sets range from early space right up to pirates. I'm sorting through it on the floor like I did as a kid but it is killing me... Any sugesstions.

MV75
13th December 2009, 06:31 PM
Mail it all to me. I'll sort it out.

The other option is, if you know the sets, download the manuals/parts lists from peeron and build/sort them, then break them down and put into ziplock bags.

Sam
13th December 2009, 11:03 PM
You can either sort by sets (good if you have kept a lot of original boxes as this helps keep the "original feel"), or by parts.

I sort by parts, mainly because I find it helps me locate the pieces I need more quickly.

First I sort by brick / plate type, then I sort by size / length. I do not have enough containers to further sort by colours, however.

nettie!
17th December 2009, 11:14 AM
We (tf76 and I) are not asking how to sort the Lego as in baggies and instructions etc we are asking if anyone has a better way to physically sort them rather than sitting on the floor.
For example, do you sit at a table or stand at the kitchen bench or do you sit on the floor and take nurofen?

Golden Phoenix
17th December 2009, 11:48 AM
If you have a big enough table of bench then do it there.

I usually just deal with it and do it on the floor while getting up every now and then to have a break

The_Damned
17th December 2009, 01:15 PM
I sorted mine out on a table and sorted the pieces into colours then remade all the sets I could

liegeprime
17th December 2009, 01:41 PM
Dining table at least your seated properly. you have to eat somewhere else though for the time being

Lint
17th December 2009, 04:03 PM
Floor is the only reliable place to sort lego. Once you go onto a high platform, the risk of dropping something and having it bounce away is headachey. That said pool tables are an excellent sorting platform so long as you bund off the holes.

If you have only a little bit of lego a coffee table is also acceptable.

If you're doing it on carpet, it helps if the carpet contrasts to the colour of your pieces. If not you can use a large tablecloth as a workspace.