PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Euro G1 Talon

kup
14th December 2009, 02:56 PM
Hi guys, I am after this guy:

- Euro G1 Talon with or without accessories.
- Any Predator Green missiles.

Thanks

blackie
14th December 2009, 03:01 PM
i might have one in storage
ill check tonight after work

kup
14th December 2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks!

1AZRAEL1
14th December 2009, 03:11 PM
I may have a spare one also, if Blackie doesn't have one.

I will also check when I get home after work :p

i_amtrunks
14th December 2009, 03:54 PM
I may have some spare missiles... two, possibly three, let me know if you need them.

kup
14th December 2009, 04:13 PM
I may have some spare missiles... two, possibly three, let me know if you need them.

Indeed I do - I am after 3 actually but 2 are fine :).

Thanks guys.

blackie
14th December 2009, 10:09 PM
i have him in my hand
ill snap you a pic tomorrow

kup
14th December 2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks Blackie! Please let me know how much you would like for it.

1AZRAEL1
15th December 2009, 08:12 AM
Blackie's one will probably in better condition, I did find my spare one and there is a bit of paint chipping. Plus he said he had one first :p

kup
15th December 2009, 01:40 PM
Blackie's one will probably in better condition, I did find my spare one and there is a bit of paint chipping. Plus he said he had one first :p

Thanks anyway, 1AZRAEL1. I have committed to buying Blackie's.

I am still after missiles however :)

1AZRAEL1
15th December 2009, 02:05 PM
Thanks anyway, 1AZRAEL1. I have committed to buying Blackie's.

I am still after missiles however :)

Thats cool, at least you got one.

As for the missiles, you're not the only one who wants more of them :)

Mecheon
16th December 2009, 08:24 AM
Thats cool, at least you got one.

As for the missiles, you're not the only one who wants more of them :)

Heck yes. You can NEVER have enough Predator missiles (Although their guns have this nasty habbit of breaking)

Incidently I'm also after... I think its Talon? The green F-15 Predator? Only one (Aside from GPS sufferer Skyquake) I don't own

1AZRAEL1
16th December 2009, 09:26 AM
Heck yes. You can NEVER have enough Predator missiles (Although their guns have this nasty habbit of breaking)

Incidently I'm also after... I think its Talon? The green F-15 Predator? Only one (Aside from GPS sufferer Skyquake) I don't own

That gun they have, I didn't realise that Stalker came with it as well and gave it to my mate for his seeker. Later on I realise that Stalker had one and so had to track one down for him. They are just as hard to find as the missiles.

I have a spare Talon as well, bit of paint chipping though. I can send you a pic if you want.

kup
16th December 2009, 09:46 AM
At the conclusion of this Talon project, I may have one or two repaired Predator guns as spares.

1AZRAEL1
16th December 2009, 10:08 AM
At the conclusion of this Talon project, I may have one or two repaired Predator guns as spares.

I may be interested in these :D

Lint
16th December 2009, 11:15 AM

I'd be interested in one of these and will trade predator missiles for them :D

i_amtrunks
16th December 2009, 03:53 PM

Id be interested to hear how you go with the repairs, the "handles" are so tiny and Ive found impossible to glue...I'm guessing some kind of putty or similar?

kup
16th December 2009, 04:05 PM
Id be interested to hear how you go with the repairs, the "handles" are so tiny and Ive found impossible to glue...I'm guessing some kind of putty or similar?

I already had to repair my Skyquake's launcher as the handle came broken.

What I did was cut a small piece from a round plastic coated twist tie (about the same size as the original handle) and super glue it into where the handle used to be. then I would coat it with more super glue to give it a 'rounder' and solid finish. After that I would paint over it with copper colored paint and that's it.

http://kupscigar.com/pics2/raptor3.jpg

http://kupscigar.com/pics2/raptor9.jpg

i_amtrunks
16th December 2009, 10:15 PM

What I did was cut a small piece from a round plastic coated twist tie (about the same size as the original handle) and super glue it into where the handle used to be. then I would coat it with more super glue to give it a 'rounder' and solid finish. After that I would paint over it with copper colored paint and that's it.

Clever, its a great idea, doubt I have the dexterity to try it (if I had any broken guns anymore)

Mecheon
17th December 2009, 12:40 PM

Those pictures are downright terrorfying. You know his scope suffers GPS, right?

Wish I had a Skyquake though, always been after him, and the Botcon version doesn't do it for me. Not big enough

kup
17th December 2009, 12:44 PM
Those pictures are downright terrorfying. You know his scope suffers GPS, right?

Does it? That's news to me ;)

Seriously, I know what I am doing. I also didn't get the Botcon version due to his puny size.

Mecheon
17th December 2009, 12:55 PM
Does it? That's news to me ;)

Seriously, I know what I am doing. I also didn't get the Botcon version due to his puny size.

Check the Wiki. The picture for Skyquake on the GPS page is him standing above his shattered scope, looking down in pity and horror

Just be careful with it though

(Although I WOULD post one of those pictures in the talk there just to see how many people panic the hell out)

kup
17th December 2009, 01:05 PM
Check the Wiki. The picture for Skyquake on the GPS page is him standing above his shattered scope, looking down in pity and horror

Just be careful with it though

(Although I WOULD post one of those pictures in the talk there just to see how many people panic the hell out)

I know about the GPS on Skyquake, I was just being silly. My Skyquake is fine and I have taken the appropriate precautions to prevent such breakage like I do with all my GPS toys.

Here, have a full gallery of 'Terrorfying' pics ;)

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=4559

Once I get and complete Talon, I will add even more! MUHUHAHAHA!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7edeOEuXdMU) :D

Mecheon
18th December 2009, 08:21 AM
I know about the GPS on Skyquake, I was just being silly. My Skyquake is fine and I have taken the appropriate precautions to prevent such breakage like I do with all my GPS toys.

Here, have a full gallery of 'Terrorfying' pics ;)

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=4559

Once I get and complete Talon, I will add even more! MUHUHAHAHA!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7edeOEuXdMU) :D

Gotta ask you how you do prevent GPS (Although we are WAY off topic, so... :p)

kup
18th December 2009, 12:24 PM
You don't prevent GPS you can only manage it to prevent breakage.

For example, to keep the pressure on the plastic to a minimum on Skyquake's scope when I dock a Predator jet, I simply lossen the screws a tiny bit on the scope. It doesn't visibly separate the pieces and its not loose enough to split apart but it allows more flexibility when docking in the jet drastically minimizing the pressure and risk of breakage considerably.

Another example that I gave in another thread is G1 Bristleback. His leg tab is too big and adds too much pressure on the plastic when transforming so I sanded it down a bit and now he transforms much more easially as I have minimized the amount of pressure needed to move the legs.

I had to do something similar with Skyhammer's shell toes.

Another is Torca from beast Wars - He has GPS and a common victim of that is his tail joint. Out of the box, the pin securing the tail joint moves inside the gold plastic creating lots of pressure and eventual breakage. What I did was modify the pin so that it remains static within the gold plastic and only the tail moves around it.

What I mean by managing the GPS is not curing it but a work around it. I remove or minimize the pressure that the articulation or transformation of the toy would apply to the particular joint with minor but invisible mods.