PDA

View Full Version : Jayjays boardies, recent t-shirts... and next winter?

griffin
19th December 2009, 09:29 PM
From the Summer range of T-shirts and Boardshorts at Jayjays, what are the opinions of those who have now bought them?
Are the Boardies a good idea - anyone worn them yet - or should they just stick to T-shirts?

The Jayjays people rushed out some samples (the day they arrived in the country) for the Melbourne meet, for pre-release feedback from the fans, but now that the boardies are out to stores, I wanted to see if there was any feedback at all from those who have already bought some.

I just don't want the people from Jayjays to think we are ungrateful for all the info and free stuff they've sent us over the last year, by not giving anything in return to earn it.

They've welcomed our input in the past with the T-shirts (I think some of our ideas were incorporated in the lastest batch). So I'm sure comments on this new branch of their TFs Branded clothing would be just as well received.

And what sort of stuff you'd like to see next winter, as they would probably be working on that season's range by now (to get it manufactured and shipped to stores before it gets cold).

i_amtrunks
19th December 2009, 11:04 PM
Boardies are decent, not as good in terms of material as the JayJays boardies were a few years ago, but the length is pretty good (knee length or longer is great).

I'd like to see them keep going with the G1 styled shirts, but perhaps throw in some Beast Wars based shirts as well, not a fan at all of the movie based shirts, but I'm biased...:D

Starscream212
19th December 2009, 11:09 PM
I'd like to see them keep going with the G1 styled shirts, but perhaps throw in some Beast Wars based shirts as well, not a fan at all of the movie based shirts, but I'm biased...:D

ooo yes some Beast Wars T-Shirts would be nice:D

GoktimusPrime
20th December 2009, 09:14 AM
As I mentioned on the acquisitions thread my main gripe with the boardies is that they're expensive.

I'd like to see them keep going with the G1 styled shirts, but perhaps throw in some Beast Wars based shirts as well, not a fan at all of the movie based shirts, but I'm biased... :D
ooo yes some Beast Wars T-Shirts would be nice
While I'd love to see some non-G1 Transformer apparel (including G2 and BW), I believe Jayjays is restricted by what Hasbro tells them they can use. I think atm Hasbro only allows them to use G1, and even then there's a very limited choice of characters; Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz, Hot Rod, Grimlock, Megatron, Starscream, Devastator, Soundwave... and not many more. :(

Perhaps Jayjays could ask Hasbro for permission to draw from a wider range of Transformer characters. After 25 years there are so many characters to choose from, so it gets kinda bland to only see a limited cast from the first 3 years' of Transformers being used all the time (well, the first 2 years... Hot Rod isn't used that often).

I'd like to see regular shorts (not just boardies) for Transformers, as well as other kinds of apparell like trousers, gloves, scarves, backpacks, beanies, hats etc. Btw... any news about those Transformer watches that were meant to be out last April?

dirge
20th December 2009, 09:29 AM
I don't have any real interest in the shorts, but I'm overall quite happy with the range of TF shirts they're producing. And they seem to be fairly popular, anyway (:

5FDP
20th December 2009, 12:51 PM
My wife bought me a pair of the boardies (black ones), but much like i_amtrunks I thought the material was a bit cheap. They're a good length, but should have been a bit baggyer for room to move. Plus, different colours would have been good instead of just white and black - maybe a light brown or even grey.

The t-shirts I like.

GoktimusPrime
20th December 2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I would prefer baggier larger shorts for people of more... generous girth, such as myself. ;) But they're board shorts, so ya know, I can understand the tightness. Hence why I suggested regular shorts. :) I would prefer a regular pair of shorts with a zipper, cos wearing board shorts all day long makes it inconvenient each time I gotta... heed the call of nature. A fly would be great. ;)

i_amtrunks
21st December 2009, 08:23 AM
cos wearing board shorts all day long makes it inconvenient

On that line of thought, wearing boardies when not going swimming is a pian when out and about as the pockets are never big enough to hold a wallet, a phone and a set of car keys....

Jay Jays
22nd December 2009, 08:43 AM
As I mentioned on the acquisitions thread my main gripe with the boardies is that they're expensive.

While I'd love to see some non-G1 Transformer apparel (including G2 and BW), I believe Jayjays is restricted by what Hasbro tells them they can use. I think atm Hasbro only allows them to use G1, and even then there's a very limited choice of characters; Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz, Hot Rod, Grimlock, Megatron, Starscream, Devastator, Soundwave... and not many more. :(

Perhaps Jayjays could ask Hasbro for permission to draw from a wider range of Transformer characters. After 25 years there are so many characters to choose from, so it gets kinda bland to only see a limited cast from the first 3 years' of Transformers being used all the time (well, the first 2 years... Hot Rod isn't used that often).

I'd like to see regular shorts (not just boardies) for Transformers, as well as other kinds of apparell like trousers, gloves, scarves, backpacks, beanies, hats etc. Btw... any news about those Transformer watches that were meant to be out last April?

Thanks for the feedback evryone !

Although Hasbro are great to work with we are a bit restricted in what we can do as the style guides are only so big.

BTW there were a few hiccups with the watches but they are now due at the end of Jan..

5FDP
22nd December 2009, 09:18 AM
Watches??? Awesome! Now all I need to do is learn how to tell the time :D These will be bought.

1orion2many
24th December 2009, 12:04 PM
BEAST WARS FTW , please:)
Some bright colours on the boardies would be nice, white, black, brown and gray are al so drab:(

liegeprime
24th December 2009, 03:21 PM
Well Ive seen them before going on Holidays, but yeah as Gok mentioned I didnt pick those boardies up coz the price is rather high for a pair of boardies... hoodies I would understand but not boardies:(. I was looking forward to it when i saw the sample print shown in the news thread but the price is what's keeping me from picking it up... prolly hoping itll go on sale...need more TF undies though, they sold out pretty quick.

I even gave as a giveaway one TF Devastator shirt (White with Black Dev background design) and they (TFPH members) simply love it:D. Im getting a shirt from them as well, if I ever do fit in my sched to attend a meetup again to pick it up:). But yeah, the Shirts are hit.... :)

ITZTRU
24th December 2009, 03:41 PM
I got that black devvie shirt. I got several other designs but i should have gotten another one of the black devvie's as a spare. Hmmm...i wonder if they still have more. Also missed out on G1 box design soundwave shirt :( i want onnnne....! Bring it back! :(

The_Damned
24th December 2009, 04:20 PM
i bought a pair 2 things that let them down are

1. no elastic waist
2. no back pocket

optimus1
24th December 2009, 05:57 PM
Finally saw the boardies today and I love the look of them! I might go get the 2 Autobot/Decepticon logo boardies very soon :cool:

But for other ideas, i'd love to see more stuff on Blaster and Jazz! Perhaps a music face off vs Soundwave??

MV75
24th December 2009, 08:56 PM
May as well add it here, boxing day at JJ's are having 2 for $25 tees and other stuff.

GoktimusPrime
26th December 2009, 10:16 AM
Watches??? Awesome! Now all I need to do is learn how to tell the time These will be bought.
Ppffttt... wristwatches are purely a fashion accessory these days. I reckon the world's largest manufacturer of time keeping devices today is probably Nokia. ;)

gantz
27th December 2009, 07:57 AM
I have the scarface Megatron T, amazing, and 2 pairs of the boardies! I recently picked up a pair of billabong boardies, the JJ's TF's are better quality!

5FDP
27th December 2009, 01:06 PM
Ppffttt... wristwatches are purely a fashion accessory these days. I reckon the world's largest manufacturer of time keeping devices today is probably Nokia. ;)

I'm sure you wouldn't say no if it were Time Warrior ;)

Here, you can gaze at this one...

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8581/img4973.jpg

GoktimusPrime
27th December 2009, 04:39 PM
fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/mustnothappy.jpg

I wear a TF watch now (as can be seen here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=139032&postcount=103)), and I actually use it tell time (more convenient than having to whip my mobile out). :) But I read somewhere that most people use their phones more often to check the time than wristwatches. I tried to swipe griffin's Time Warrior at last year's Eric Siebernaler meet in Broadway but alas the "Wily Old Buzzard" (Xaaron'd!) was too... umm... wily!

5FDP
28th December 2009, 01:49 PM
But I read somewhere that most people use their phones more often to check the time than wristwatches.

And I am one of those people you read about :D Not a fan of jewellery or other things hanging off me. That would make me a Xmas tree... I am not a Xmas tree, I am a human being :confused:

Firestorm
31st December 2009, 01:40 AM
i really like the t-shirts at jayjays i currently have 3 transformers t-shirts (yellow movie bumblebee one, Blue Sounwave Motto One, and red Optimus motto one) plus 1 sonic t-shirt (blue giant sonic face one) there pretty much the only t-shirts i wear now lol
i'm interested in these watches though, ever since my pocket watch broke i've needed a new way to tell the time (i dont like pulling my phone out of my bag everytime i wanna check the time)

[QUOTE=1orion2many;142627]BEAST WARS FTW , please:)
QUOTE]

Yeah, we need beast wars stuff who wouldnt want a t-shirt like these
... i like waspinator :D

GoktimusPrime
31st December 2009, 09:02 AM
I think kup has a black T shirt with a purple Predacon insignia on it. Don't know where he got it from though.

Not a fan of jewellery or other things hanging off me. That would make me a Xmas tree... I am not a Xmas tree, I am a human being
Or you could be both like roller...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Transfan%20Meets/Sydney%20Meet%20November%202008/th_sydmeet_2008_11_16e.jpg

5FDP
31st December 2009, 01:40 PM
Or you could be both like roller...

Lemme guess... that was the Xmas card he sent everyone. Love the pose... a little disturbing though ;)

GoktimusPrime
2nd January 2010, 09:12 AM
Here's me decked out in Transformers clothes (shirt, jacket and shorts from Jayjays) after watching a musical at the Lyric Theatre:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/mammamia.jpg
Sorry about the lighting. Anyone care to guess which Transformer I'm holding? ;)

loophole
2nd January 2010, 10:38 AM
Yeah, we need beast wars stuff who wouldnt want a t-shirt like these... i like waspinator :D

that first design is kickass, i would buy that in nanosecond :D

Sorry about the lighting. Anyone care to guess which Transformer I'm holding? ;)

animated Megatron ;)

GoktimusPrime
2nd January 2010, 08:29 PM
animated Megatron
BINGO! :D