PDA

View Full Version : FS: PLAYSTATION 3 60GB

Linthart
21st December 2009, 03:52 PM
Hi Guys,

Im wanting to replace my original 60GB PS3 with a new one because of its lower power consumption. This is the version that is bacward compatible with PS2 games which i simply dont play anymore and i have a PS2 if i do so at this point id rather the lower profile.

I've never had any issues with it what so ever, its been a fantastic machine and hasn't been used for hours and hours of end. I bought it opening night at midnight and have loved it ever since.

It comes with the box + all manuals.
2 original sixaxis controllers.
power cable
av cable
USB controller cable.

I should be able to find my official PS2 memory card adaptor which i had to import to get all of your saved games from your ps2
i will also throw in an original Sony HDMI 1.3 cable

Its in great condition, there is the light scuffing (its so light i cant even call it that) on the cover but i swear its unavoidable with these shiny things.

Open to offers.

paypal as gift or bank deposit.

i'll send it anywhere, tell ur friends :D
Im located in Prahran VIC and more than happy for locals to have a look/piclup

(i will post photos soon)

Paulbot
21st December 2009, 04:35 PM
Hmm...

MV75
21st December 2009, 05:28 PM
$5.

I want to use it to lure all the kids into my gingerbread treehouse.

5FDP
21st December 2009, 05:34 PM
Why, oh why, did you have to post it 4 days before Xmas. I had money up until about a month ago. Been looking for a backwards compatible PS2 one as well :(

Linthart
21st December 2009, 07:06 PM
Why, oh why, did you have to post it 4 days before Xmas. I had money up until about a month ago. Been looking for a backwards compatible PS2 one as well :(
ive been wanting to put it up for what feels like forever but have just been stupidly busy lately which means too lazy to post sales, aquisitions etc.

Linthart
27th December 2009, 10:08 PM
BUMP :D i now have a 120gb ps3 slim on the way so i need to sell this fast

MV75
27th December 2009, 10:19 PM
Now that I've got a 46" 1080p TV, I'll be generous and double the only offer so far in this thread, mine. Nah, I'll 20x it to 100$.

Linthart
27th December 2009, 10:25 PM
Now that I've got a 46" 1080p TV, I'll be generous and double the only offer so far in this thread, mine. Nah, I'll 20x it to 100$.

:D im running it on a 46" also, perfect size for me. add a few more x's and we can talk :P

Paulbot
27th December 2009, 11:33 PM
So, can this be like eBay? I will raise the max bid to $125.

(coz I'm very tempted but money is tight, but my competitive side might take over :o )

Linthart
27th December 2009, 11:37 PM
So, can this be like eBay? I will raise the max bid to $125.

(coz I'm very tempted but money is tight, but my competitive side might take over :o )

pretty sure that isn't allowed but i like it :P it could be the first of its kind on otca. do i hear 150 :P

Starscream212
27th December 2009, 11:41 PM
oooo its time for me to be a sniper whens the ending date??? lol:D

Linthart
27th December 2009, 11:46 PM
oooo its time for me to be a sniper whens the ending date??? lol:D

ah well it ends when someone snipes a PM my way or an open reasonable offer

Autocon
28th December 2009, 12:31 AM
backwards compatibility!!!! so want how much? $200 max for me good deal no? possibly 300 but need gurantee of no breakage:p and would need to wait awhile to pay:o

k.wong23
28th December 2009, 01:55 AM
since its like ebay, the next bid is $250 cash pickup!

griffin
28th December 2009, 02:02 AM
pretty sure that isn't allowed but i like it :P it could be the first of its kind on otca. do i hear 150 :P

The auction concept isn't really allowed here anymore, so I'd prefer you listed a high-end price and allow for people to publically submit 'nearest offers' if no one wants it at that price. That way, it doesn't waste people's time if they aren't anywhere near your 'reserve', and you have the chance of having someone willing to buy it at your listed price.

From the recently updated userguide:

12a - Posting of sales is allowed on this forum in the Saleyard and non-TFs sections, provided the sale conditions are clear, all offers are posted publically, and you honour the conditions. If you aren't sure of an item's value, it is best to list a high-end price, and state that you will accept 'near-enough' offers (which need to be posted publically by the potential buyer, and accepted publically by you). It pays to do a little research first on the value range of your items (look on ebay, or ask the board staff), so that you don't feel cheated by undervaluating something, or not getting any bites by overvaluating it. If you prefer an Auction format, it is best to use a dedicated site like Ebay, and you just promote it in the saleyard section. Vague things like EOIs (expressions of interest) are not permitted in the Saleyard - but EOIs (for bulk ordering) are permitted in the Group Orders section, but only by someone prepared to go through with it.

Autocon
28th December 2009, 02:48 AM
so it is selling for $200?. i forgot about postage, how much postage to WA?

Linthart
28th December 2009, 02:52 PM
Ok im going to be realistic and say that i would like to get $500 for it. i've seen them go for more barebones and of course some for less. ebay is too sporadic sometimes to get an accurate picture. its all about timing

i havent looked into postage costs yet actually. ill post that up as soon as i get time to pack it up and go to the post office. likely tomorrow

Paulbot
28th December 2009, 02:57 PM
I'm out. Good luck other bidders :)

Autocon
28th December 2009, 05:41 PM
best offer $200 plus postage. you can buy a brand new ps3 for that amount

Linthart
28th December 2009, 05:43 PM

yes but u cant buy the orginal version that can play ps2 and run linux.

blackie
28th December 2009, 06:02 PM

I'd like to hear where your getting one at tht price?

Linthart
28th December 2009, 06:04 PM
I'd like to hear where your getting one at tht price?

no no he's saying u can get a brand new one for $500.
he just fails to realise that apart from the smaller size and power footprint, the new slim is actually inferior

Autocon
28th December 2009, 06:17 PM
then why are you selling it and buying a slim:p

Linthart
28th December 2009, 06:22 PM
then why are you selling it and buying a slim:p

because of the lower consumption and lower profile. this is all stated in the first post. i no longer care about the PS2 compatilibilty now that the first 2 god of war games have been revamped for ps3.

obviously you're not aware of why the original is the most sort after.

Gutsman Heavy
28th December 2009, 11:48 PM
is it an AUS or US system?

Linthart
28th December 2009, 11:51 PM
is it an AUS or US system?

the australian model is software based emulation unlike the US hardware based of the first first models before the AU release.

it is however (i think they changed this fact in the slim) region free for games.

It's an AU PAL system. Region B bluray movies (even though most now are region free anyway)

Gutsman Heavy
29th December 2009, 01:18 PM
Slim is still region free, I was hoping it was a US one, then I know at least 5 people that would have bought it from ya.

Linthart
29th December 2009, 01:54 PM
Slim is still region free, I was hoping it was a US one, then I know at least 5 people that would have bought it from ya.

ah a healthy mixture of good news and bad news :P

darockk
4th January 2010, 02:28 PM
no no he's saying u can get a brand new one for $500.
he just fails to realise that apart from the smaller size and power footprint, the new slim is actually inferior

except that the slim can bitstream HD audio which the old models cannot do.

just a bit of techno garble which most normal people wont worry about :)

anyways is this still for sale?

Linthart
4th January 2010, 02:37 PM
anyways is this still for sale?

It is indeed

darockk
4th January 2010, 03:03 PM
pm sent

Eruntalon
4th January 2010, 05:42 PM
the australian model is software based emulation unlike the US hardware based of the first first models before the AU release.

it is however (i think they changed this fact in the slim) region free for games.

It's an AU PAL system. Region B bluray movies (even though most now are region free anyway)

I've heard that Even though the PS3 is region free for PS3 games the Australian PAL version can still only play PAL PS1 and PS2 games?

Good luck with your sale, for a long time I wanted one of the 60GB models. I'll probably ends up buying a slim in the near future though also, since I'm just waiting on my $50 slim PS2 to arrive in the mail (never owned a PS2 before!).

Gutsman Heavy
4th January 2010, 06:30 PM
PS3 games are region free, PS1/2 games are not, so yes they'll need to match your region to play.