PDA

View Full Version : Well that was an utter waste of money

turtle boy
6th March 2008, 09:04 PM
I was in Target about half hour ago looking for the new Alspark Figures, no go:( But i didn't want to go home empty handed, so i got a Fast Action Battler Smokescreen and Ramjet. And how very annoyed i am at these things.

I know I should have done some data collection before I brought these things, but i haven't gotten a new store brought Transformer in over 4 months, so lets leave my stupidness along and trash talk the Fast Battlers shall we?

iceburn
6th March 2008, 09:09 PM
:P ahhh well, at least its better than me buying K**** O** micromasters and the arms joints started breaking after i've opened it. never going to get them after my first buy. wasted $7 where it could have gone for a movie legends

turtle boy
6th March 2008, 09:14 PM
:P ahhh well, at least its better than me buying K**** O** micromasters and the arms joints started breaking after i've opened it. never going to get them after my first buy. wasted $7 where it could have gone for a movie legends

Ouch, that would be devastation.

STL
6th March 2008, 10:05 PM
Argh! You're better off going to eBay. They are awful figures though the paint jobs look decent enough. Any chance you can return them? Say that it was because the toy was defective. Loose, won't transform properly, missing missile. Try and get ur money back, bro. (Hopefully you kept receipt!)

turtle boy
6th March 2008, 10:10 PM
Argh! You're better off going to eBay. They are awful figures though the paint jobs look decent enough. Any chance you can return them? Say that it was because the toy was defective. Loose, won't transform properly, missing missile. Try and get ur money back, bro. (Hopefully you kept receipt!)

that i did, also... i don't use ebay anymore so you know.

STL
6th March 2008, 10:32 PM
Might I ask why not? It's like our only other avenue from otherwise sucky toy stores around here.

GoktimusPrime
6th March 2008, 10:46 PM
..ah yes, I know all too well the feeling of buying a crap Transformer just because you don't want to leave empty handed... especially after doing a massive hunt where you spend an entire day zipping between numerous shopping centres across a dozen different post codes. (-_-)

turtle boy
6th March 2008, 11:02 PM
Might I ask why not? It's like our only other avenue from otherwise sucky toy stores around here.

Well, I started to develop a problem regarding Ebay, Transformers and Money. I asked them to ban my account, so I could no longer spend vast amounts of money on plastic toys that I love to collect. They did, and now I can't use my old account or make a new one.

iceburn
6th March 2008, 11:32 PM
ahh silly, go create a new email account and then you can't do whatever you want. don't blame me for you spending more money kk???

turtle boy
7th March 2008, 12:05 AM
ahh silly, go create a new email account and then you can't do whatever you want. don't blame me for you spending more money kk???

Why would i blame you, your not clicking the mouse buttons. and its not the email address, it the house address, i cant register an ebay account to my address.

iceburn
7th March 2008, 08:34 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh they ban via the house address. that sucks, well there can still be many alternatives :P

Paulbot
7th March 2008, 09:27 AM
I want a proper deluxe movie Jazz repainted as Smokescreen but if that doesn't happen I'll be tempted to get FAB Smokescreen.

FAB Frenzy is cool as it's the only transforming Movie Frenzy to be found. I got the FAB Blackout because I was annoyed by Voyager Blackout's complex transformation. The FAB version though feels like a poor/cheap toy but I didn't spend too much on it so I'm not that annoyed.

i_amtrunks
7th March 2008, 09:59 AM
Fab Ratchet is alright, not great, but if you didnt want to drop $45 on the Voyager for a kid or something, it'll more than pass muster.

Megatron however was as big a turd as I thought he would be. :(
lucky for me he was dirt cheap.

GoktimusPrime
7th March 2008, 12:21 PM
turtle boy: get a PO box?

turtle boy
7th March 2008, 07:00 PM
Now thats a good idea, thanks Gok, dunno why I didn't think of it before

dirge
7th March 2008, 09:28 PM
I'm actually planning to pick up Fireblast Prime. I have a soft spot for that particular mould, and while I didn't see the need for it alongside the Leader Prime, with a different colour scheme, it's enough for me to wanna grab him (:

On the whole, I don't think much of the FAB line. And I don't count Frenzy as a true FAB!

Fungal Infection
9th March 2008, 08:32 AM
That's a crock of crap. If you made a mistake buying a crap toy, what gives you the right to return it missing an accessory or say its defective when it aint? Atleast if the item is boxed, the store can try and resell it, but a carded toy is harder to sell and missing accessories will make it harder unless it is significantly discounted. Atleast have the gall to accept you bought a crap toy rather than trying to return it incomplete or pass it off as defective when there was nothing wrong with it in the first place.

dirge
9th March 2008, 10:05 AM
I'll side with Fungal here. You should do the honourable thing and admit that hey, you messed up, rather than snake the store.

Which, to be fair, is turtle boy's original sentiment.

I felt the same way about some of my BM Maximals, turtle boy. I sold them on to another fan. Sure, I lost money on the deal, but I felt a bunch better afterwards.

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2008, 11:33 AM
I refunded General Grievous/Wheelbike because it was a hunk o' crap toy. :p :p I thought that consumers had a 7-day cooling-off period thing... the TRU staff member I spoke to told me that this wasn't true and that TRU doesn't honour refunds or exchanges based on change of mind, but still allowed me to exchange/refund it anyway (I can't remember which option I went for - I think I got a refund). Had she stood her ground and refused a refund/exchange, I would've accepted it and kept the toy.

But I otherwise keep my TFs, even if they turn out to be a big waste of money ... like my Supreme Cheetor which I paid full retail price for. :/

MV75
9th March 2008, 11:40 AM
Not on small stuff like this you don't, only on cars/houses/whatever.

It's only store policy if they do, it's not law.
________
BUY EXTREME Q VAPORIZER (http://www.vaporshop.com/extreme-q-vaporizer.html)

dirge
9th March 2008, 12:28 PM
There are cooling off periods on contracted items such as plan mobile phones, insurance policies etc. But not on one-off purchases, as MV75 alluded to.

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2008, 05:10 PM
Fairy nuff. :) Like I said, had that TRU staff insisted that I wouldn't be able to refund/exchange Grievous I would've kept it.

roller
9th March 2008, 06:41 PM
sure if you have the money to waste you can keep it and try and resell the toy at a lower price

but

imagine the satisfaction and power you would gain if you tricked a major store into giving you a refund,moral issues aside of course :)

springah
10th March 2008, 06:15 AM
That's a crock of crap. If you made a mistake buying a crap toy, what gives you the right to return it missing an accessory or say its defective when it aint? Atleast if the item is boxed, the store can try and resell it, but a carded toy is harder to sell and missing accessories will make it harder unless it is significantly discounted. Atleast have the gall to accept you bought a crap toy rather than trying to return it incomplete or pass it off as defective when there was nothing wrong with it in the first place.

Agreed.

Also, learn some self control.

GoktimusPrime
10th March 2008, 10:24 AM
like turning up to meets on time. :p

With my Gen. Grievous story, at the time I wasn't aware that the consumer cooling period didn't apply with toys. I wasn't intentionally trying to pull a sly one on TRU. I think there's a difference between trying to get a refund because you think you're entitled to one (which was my case) and trying to get a refund despite the fact that you know that you're not entitled to one (and are thus consciously intending to gip the store).

The last time I had a toy exchanged was my 08 Deluxe Bumblebee because it had a defective panel that popped off and couldn't be re-inserted.

turtle boy
16th March 2008, 02:51 PM
I forgot about this tread, Fungal, Dirge. I have keped them, I know not to buy another FAB figure again. But now that i look at how i have them set with some of my other stuff, they don't come off that bad.

Oh yeah, Back on Ebay:D:D

STL
17th March 2008, 12:52 AM
I find it rather ironic that most of the forum here watches Animated illegally, most likely d/l music or movies illegally, yet we're worrying about being able to return things when stores openly have a policy of change of mind returns.

turtle boy
17th March 2008, 04:33 AM
I wasn't worried about returning it. But like I said, I didn't want to come away empty handed.. And I also thing the 2 figures look ok how i have them set put now.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/turtleboy411/100_4553.jpg

I still think that the FABs are a waste of money, but you win some you loose some, I lost that round, But am winning the war by about $600 and 15 new figures...:D

Fungal Infection
17th March 2008, 06:06 PM
I find it rather ironic that most of the forum here watches Animated illegally, most likely d/l music or movies illegally, yet we're worrying about being able to return things when stores openly have a policy of change of mind returns.

I think you'll find this is not a typical case of returning an item under the "change of mind" policy. What you've suggested is return the item, incomplete when it was originally complete, or state the item was faulty when it never was. Now I'm no saint myself but if I make a mistake then I'll take it with a grain of salt and move on rather than try and justify it by returning it under the pretense of "faulty" or "incomplete". Turtleboy has already stated that he's made a mistake so I'm inclined to leave it at that.

STL
17th March 2008, 10:32 PM
I think you'll find this is not a typical case of returning an item under the "change of mind" policy. What you've suggested is return the item, incomplete when it was originally complete, or state the item was faulty when it never was. Now I'm no saint myself but if I make a mistake then I'll take it with a grain of salt and move on rather than try and justify it by returning it under the pretense of "faulty" or "incomplete". Turtleboy has already stated that he's made a mistake so I'm inclined to leave it at that.

I like the concept of moral relativity there.

Rampage
18th March 2008, 02:07 PM
imagine the satisfaction and power you would gain if you tricked a major store into giving you a refund,moral issues aside of course :)

just look it as getting back a percentage of the money that TRU scalped off aussie buyers with their overpriced g1 movie Jazz

who cares a bout scamming a few bucks back outta massive co like TRU they deserve it

there is no morale issue here get your money back TB by any means possible:D

turtle boy
20th March 2008, 12:55 AM
The store was Target actualy, but that don't matter. What is improtant, is I have more tfs with the FAB figures then I would with out them. So.... In all aspects, it came out a plus for me really, I may have picked up some cruddy figures with no good articulation, but they still come under the TF brand and thats good enough for me..