PDA

View Full Version : I really need help with this issue (Tech Issue)

blackoptimus
31st December 2009, 01:25 PM
Hey I just bought a ASUS VH192C (HDPC compatible) I only bought it to play ps3. I connected the ps3 with a Male DVI-Female HDMI then plugging in a extra HDMI cable to link it. When I boot it, it says out of range. I have doing the double beep method and click the specific left/X buttons but still no picture.

I really need help, please reply.

Ben

Gutsman Heavy
31st December 2009, 01:36 PM
I can only guess that the PS3 won't support jerry-rigged cables.

blackoptimus
31st December 2009, 04:13 PM
I can only guess that the PS3 won't support jerry-rigged cables.

What the hell are you on about. Please don't reply with irrelevent and pointless jokes. I would like a answer.

roller
31st December 2009, 04:16 PM
isnt it jury rigged?

i dont know

blackie
31st December 2009, 04:27 PM
isnt it jury rigged?

i dont know

i could have sworn it was jerry

that jerry guy likes to rig cables

llamatron
31st December 2009, 04:44 PM
What the hell are you on about. Please don't reply with irrelevent and pointless jokes. I would like a answer.

That is an incredibly rude reply to a legitimate and possible answer.

FWIW I know exactly what your problem is and the solution to the problem but you'll have to wait 48 hours before I tell you. Patience, young one. Until then, have some clues - it'll be far more rewarding if you can figure this out yourself and it should help with your problem solving skills.

"Out of Range" - what does that mean? What could be the possible causes of that problem?

blackoptimus
31st December 2009, 05:06 PM

FWIW I know exactly what your problem is and the solution to the problem but you'll have to wait 48 hours before I tell you. Patience, young one. Until then, have some clues - it'll be far more rewarding if you can figure this out yourself and it should help with your problem solving skills.

"Out of Range" - what does that mean? What could be the possible causes of that problem?

Mate I need the answer please. I'm really struggle. We only have 2 TV's. 1 HD that my dad uses all the time. The other HD plasma in his room but won't let me use.

Could you please tell me how I need to fix the issue.

llamatron
31st December 2009, 05:08 PM
Ok, first, have you used the PS3 before on a different TV?

blackoptimus
31st December 2009, 05:08 PM

People say out of range means your PS3 is at a higher resolution than supported by the monitor. I have looked at every possible fourm on google about this issue. @ the end of the day, there is no conclusion.

llamatron
31st December 2009, 05:13 PM
Ok, yes, correct, what is happening is that the PS3 is outputting its video at a resolution that is higher than what is supported by the monitor. The ASUS VH192C only supports up to 720p resolution. The easiest solution is to connect the PS3 back to a TV that it works on as it is probably setup to output 1080i or 1080p. Then you can go to Settings -> Display Settings and change it to output 720p instead.

llamatron
31st December 2009, 05:14 PM
If you don't have another TV handy then you can do a "hard reset" described here:

http://www.tipstrs.com/tip/1888/Reset-your-PS3-video-settings

blackoptimus
31st December 2009, 05:15 PM
Ok, yes, correct, what is happening is that the PS3 is outputting its video at a resolution that is higher than what is supported by the monitor. The ASUS VH192C only supports up to 720p resolution. The easiest solution is to connect the PS3 back to a TV that it works on as it is probably setup to output 1080i or 1080p. Then you can go to Settings -> Display Settings and change it to output 720p instead.

Cheers brother. I'll try and BRB.

blackoptimus
31st December 2009, 05:24 PM
If you don't have another TV handy then you can do a "hard reset" described here:

http://www.tipstrs.com/tip/1888/Reset-your-PS3-video-settings

Can't use TV till I get back from work. I did the Hard reset thing ages ago. It didn't solve the issue. So I might need to do the TV way.

llamatron
31st December 2009, 05:45 PM
If those things don't work then try a different cable.

Gutsman Heavy
31st December 2009, 06:05 PM

Christ, that was a legitimate attempt to help answer your issue, not very gracious at all are we?

Tetsuwan Convoy
1st January 2010, 01:38 AM
I have found that from having it on standby mode, holding the power button for about 5 seconds or so, until it beeps about 3 times in quick succession lets you choose the options for video output again.

Failing that, use the cables that come with the PS3 (red, yellow, white ones) to get the PS3 back into basic mode I guess.

blackoptimus
1st January 2010, 02:17 AM
If those things don't work then try a different cable.

I love you so much, I uncheaked the two high ones and then it worked.

Robzy
1st January 2010, 01:51 PM

Christ, that was a legitimate attempt to help answer your issue, not very gracious at all are we?

Agreed! Blackoptimus - you need to grow up and learn some manners! That was a disgraceful thing to say/write, and the fact you continue to ignore your rudeness and haven't apologized to Gutsman only further demonstrates your selfishness and immaturity! :rolleyes:

blackoptimus
8th January 2010, 11:36 PM
Sorry brah!!! Lets just all chill aye?

kup
9th January 2010, 12:02 AM
that's an apology?

jacksplatt11
10th January 2010, 02:55 AM
hahahahahaha funny