PDA

View Full Version : Space Police discussion

TheFallen
1st January 2010, 03:49 PM
I mentioned this in the acquisitions thread and I thought I would start a Space Police discussion thread seeing as though the other one is simply a poll

I recently bought these for my Son for Christmas and I am very impressed. I really enjoyed putting these together.

The Hyperspeed Pursuit set looks very good and in my opinion is the best set of the line so far. I am glad to see this line will be continuing in 2010. I will be purchasing them when they are released.

I used to love the Lego Space sets when I was a kid and remember getting the first Space Police sets. These sets are way better

I would like to see the line continue for a while. Maybe even be included in a Lego game much like Batman and Star Wars.

Actually, thinking about it, the Game could be Lego Timelines. The Past = Lego Pirates, the Present = Lego City, the Future = Lego Space (Power Miners/Space Police)

If only....... :)

MV75
1st January 2010, 08:41 PM
Hey just in time.

I (over the last couple of days), put together my whole space police collection.

The following sets:

5969-1 Squidman Escape
5970-1 Freeze Ray Frenzy
8399-1 K9-Bot
8400-1 Space Speeder
5980-1 Squidman's Pitstop

I found were pretty mediocre.

The following:

5971-1 Gold Heist

Was ok.

And finally:

5972-1 Container Heist
5973-1 Hyperspeed Pursuit
5974-1 Galactic Enforcer
5979-1 Max Security Transport

Were freaking sweet.

I particularly liked the container heist and the max security transport. But my overall favorite would have to be the hyperspeed pursuit. If you get only one SP set, get that one. Oh yea, and the galactic enforcer has a female SP officer in it too. :)

Oh yea, and the only thing I hated globally were the "bad guys" sticker sets in general. Especially the ones on the black "dragon wings". Man I loathed when I had to apply those.

TheFallen
1st January 2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah those stickers were a pain in the ass to apply

It is not a very good pic but the newest sets have been revealed here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirdano/4208490369/sizes/m/in/set-72157609751803566/)

Lunar Limo
Undercover Cruiser
Space Police Central

These along with Smash & Grab are good additions to the line in 2010

Fungal Infection
1st January 2010, 10:58 PM
Those new sets just made me piss my pants with excitement.

STL
1st January 2010, 11:56 PM
Gotta agree, these Space Police sets are pretty amazing. I was going to stop with Lego due to space limitations but these sets have been amazing. The Hyper Speed Pursuit is definitely an amazing set, love both vehicles and the attention to detail is nothing short of brilliant.

The new sets look pretty darn awesome too.

Has the K-9 bot been released yet? I haven't seen it but tbh i haven't really looked much lately for anything.

MV75
2nd January 2010, 06:35 AM
New sets look nice. I was thinking it would be great to have a SP HQ, and there we go. :)

BUT, it only looks as big as squidmans pitstop, and I suspect it will be TRU exclusive. I was hoping for something HUGE like the city police HQ.

^ The K9 bot is just about everywhere man. Been out for a few months now. :)

TheFallen
2nd January 2010, 04:17 PM
I was in K-Mart today and the SP sets are on special. The Galactic Enforcer was going for $80. They were all gone though

I paid $120 for mine about 6 months ago so that is a great price

Sam
2nd January 2010, 08:59 PM
The new SP sets are great. Finally good to see the Space stuff going again. Can't wait to get the new SP sets this year!

Golden Phoenix
3rd January 2010, 08:07 AM
Has the K-9 bot been released yet? I haven't seen it but tbh i haven't really looked much lately for anything.

They were at TRU. Got them at home.
Made it a challenge by building them without opening the bag they come in