PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions for 2010.

griffin
1st January 2010, 05:37 PM
After feeling rather satisfied myself at completing all of my 2009 resolutions (and a bit lost at what to want to acheive this year), I've found it to be a bit inspiring to others when I talk about what I wanted to do, and actually doing it.
So, here is your chance to detail some resolutions for yourself for 2010, be they ones of determination, or just some ideas thrown out there to maybe, hopefully acheive one day this year.

It might also encourage others here to do something more proactive with themselves, or just try something similar to someone else's resolution... just because it feels more acheivable when it is verbalised by others.

And if we think about it at the end of the year, we can come back to this topic and see how each of us did.

(I'm still putting together my list of things I want to acheive for this year, so will mention them later, but am interested in what others hope to do this year, as I might get some additional ideas of things for me to want to do)

Starscream212
2nd January 2010, 01:38 AM
OK i only have a few resolutions but here we go:

1. To keep my room as clean and neat as my transformers display
2. Try and complete 25% of my wanted Beats Wars figures which is about 20 all MISB/MOSC which i plan to open ASAP lol
3. Buy a car (have money but been to lazy to search for one:o)
4. Get a Credit/above credit average in my Bachelor of business accounting course at Swinburne university (year 2)
5. Watch every game of the 2010 world cup (soccer)
6.Find a firm for my one year of work experience in 2011 for my accounting degree.
7. Become more sociable with my girlfriend instead of always staying at home together
8. Complete my Lego power miners set!

OK thats more than a few but most are achievable i hope just need money/dedication/time and luck lol

Deonasis
2nd January 2010, 01:52 AM
1. Buy glass cabinets for my TFs which are all currently in sealed plastic tubs :(
2. Convert our basement into an area suitable for glass cabinets of TFs

Deceptic_Optic
2nd January 2010, 05:28 AM
1. Get back into gym training, not for the body but also for my fitness to be balance, inlined and health.

2. Appreciated more of the lil things rather than taking it for granted.

MV75
2nd January 2010, 07:54 AM
Mine is the same as last years. 1920x1080.

Fungal Infection
2nd January 2010, 11:08 AM
Mines the same every year - be more patient with other people's shortcomings. For some reason though, I never fulfil it......

5FDP
2nd January 2010, 01:30 PM
Mine is to exercise more and hopefully loose some weight. Somewhere around the 10-15 kilo mark would be great. I'm not that overweight, but the stomach has definitely come on since mid last year.

OrionPax
2nd January 2010, 01:38 PM
to study harder and stop fooling around as I approach my crucial year of education. I'm freakin out :S

Golden Phoenix
2nd January 2010, 07:02 PM
1. Save Money
2. Get fit
3. Be healthy
4. Get my P plates

yeah....pretty standard ones, but I think I need to get them done

Doubledealer
2nd January 2010, 08:20 PM
1. Pay off credit card (shouldn't be too hard)
2. Visit my pals in Canberra once every 3 months
3. Get a new job
4. Go to live music events again (I seriously went to nothing last year :eek:)
5. Less Transformers, more saving :p

1AZRAEL1
3rd January 2010, 09:54 AM
1. Save Money
2. Get fit
3. Be healthy
4. Get my P plates

yeah....pretty standard ones, but I think I need to get them done

Seems that will be what I will be after as well. I stupidly have let my L's expire (in a couple of weeks) and will need to renew them, which means I gotta do a butloadd more hours.

1. Pay off credit card (shouldn't be too hard)
4. Go to live music events again (I seriously went to nothing last year :eek:)
5. Less Transformers, more saving :p

I got a 4k Credit card debt that we gotta pay off by august, I know how it feels. I haven't been to much live music either, I will be going to a few this year money permitting of course. And I will buy less transformers, or try to anyway. There isn't alot that I want anymore, I am losing a bit of interest in it again. I just hope I don't completely lose it.

Paulbot
3rd January 2010, 05:20 PM
I broke my main resolution today :( but it's not for innocent eyes.

Otherwise: do more gym work, eat better, lose weight, save money.

TF wise: buy less repaints, buy stuff on special as much as possible and open things when I do buy them!

griffin
6th January 2010, 02:10 PM
Let's see... the ones I can make public:
- Finish my Euro TFs collection (still need 4, and one replacement), and my JP Beast Era collection (need 7).
- Travel to at least 2 neighbouring Asian Countries this year.
- (I'd say 'go to BotCon' but that's become a standard feature, not an extraordinary goal/resolution)
- Get more involved in my TFs collection by averaging at least one toy review per day.
- Find a new job.
- Pay off my credit card.
- Complete the aim of achieving my target weight.
Bonus resolutions (bonus, because they are less likely to be achieved, but can still give me ambition to try to achieve them)
- Buy a Gold Lucky Draw TFs toy that is limited to 10 or less.
- Plus 3 other bonus resolutions that I prefer not to mention here.

loophole
6th January 2010, 02:24 PM
- Get my motorbike liscence
- Buy a motorbike
- Get my XY wagon on the road for next summer
- Get down to my goal weight of 83kg
- Meet someone or at least meet someone interesting enough to begin the "chase" which is half the fun anyway ;)
- Complete my TF collection up to and including the '86' series
- Turn the spare room into a display room for my TFs and other stuff

Bartrim
6th January 2010, 06:00 PM
Get my house/backyard/pool finished by Febuary so I can host my 30th birthday bash but I don't see that one happening:(

I'm really praying for some patience as I have ranted several times before my business partner/brother is doing SFA at work because of his messed up personal life and I am physically and mentally exhausted (although also feeling a great sense of achievement over how much I've got done) and baby number 2 is due in T-minus 7 days and counting.

griffin
28th December 2010, 07:50 PM
Before we start posting up our 2011 resolutions, how well did you do on our 2010 ones?

Even if you didn't post your list in this topic at the start of the year, how many of your 2010 resolutions did you keep?

For me, 2010 was no where near as successful as 2009, which saw me complete/keep all my resolutions. This was my 2010 list:

Let's see... the ones I can make public:
- Finish my Euro TFs collection (still need 4, and one replacement), and my JP Beast Era collection (need 7).
- Travel to at least 2 neighbouring Asian Countries this year.
- (I'd say 'go to BotCon' but that's become a standard feature, not an extraordinary goal/resolution)
- Get more involved in my TFs collection by averaging at least one toy review per day.
- Find a new job.
- Pay off my credit card.
- Complete the aim of achieving my target weight.
Bonus resolutions (bonus, because they are less likely to be achieved, but can still give me ambition to try to achieve them)
- Buy a Gold Lucky Draw TFs toy that is limited to 10 or less.
- Plus 3 other bonus resolutions that I prefer not to mention here.

And how I went:

- Still missing 3 Euro TFs, and 6 JP Beast Era TFs. FAIL
- Didn't get to travel to any neighbouring Countries this year. FAIL
- Went to BotCon. PASS
- Only did partial reviews of about 150 toys, and only properly reviewed about 50. FAIL
- Didn't find a new job. FAIL
- Only paid off one credit card. FAIL
- Gained weight FAIL
- No bonus resolutions achieved. FAIL

Pretty pathetic... :(

1AZRAEL1
28th December 2010, 08:00 PM
Don't worry Griff, I did badly as well.

Save Money FAIL
Get fit FAIL
Be healthy FAIL
Get my P plates FAIL
Pay off credit card (shouldn't be too hard) FAIL
Go to live music events again (I seriously went to nothing last year ) Marginal pass, went to a few
Less Transformers, more saving FAIL

Though my other was to get a guitar and learn it. Well, I have my old crappy acoustic that I have to practice on, I can play a few things on it, but not well. And my missus might go get my guitar off layby tomorrow if I'm lucky.

loophole
28th December 2010, 08:42 PM
- Get my motorbike liscence PASS
- Buy a motorbike PASS
- Get my XY wagon on the road for next summer EPIC FAIL
- Get down to my goal weight of 83kg FAIL
- Meet someone or at least meet someone interesting enough to begin the "chase" which is half the fun anyway ;) only just met someone for the chase so im gonna say PASS
- Complete my TF collection up to and including the '86' series PASS got everything that ive always wanted for G1
- Turn the spare room into a display room for my TFs PASS

so not too bad for once

SharkyMcShark
28th December 2010, 08:46 PM
I wasn't even on here for the last New Years but from what I can remember of my quickly disgarded resolutions I failed all of them

5FDP
28th December 2010, 10:51 PM
Mine is to exercise more and hopefully loose some weight. Somewhere around the 10-15 kilo mark would be great. I'm not that overweight, but the stomach has definitely come on since mid last year.

Ummmm :o

It's a work in progress :p

Bartrim
29th December 2010, 09:19 AM
Well my pool still isn't finished and I'm as impatient as ever so I failed on the goals I listed but I start Karate and learning the guitar so those are 2 things I've been meaning to do for a while so I'll say I broke even this year.

Paulbot
31st December 2010, 11:31 PM
Hmm. I did pretty well I think.

do more gym work PASS (but I bombed out at the end of the year)
eat better PASS (but could still do better)
lose weight FAIL (no noticeable change but some possible conversion of fat to muscle)
save money PASS

TF wise:
buy less repaints PASS
buy stuff on special as much as possible 50/50 Did well waiting for scouts, but then I bought things like Soundwave and Axor full price which I was trying to hold off until sale
and open things when I do buy them! FAIL A heap of scouts, deluxes and a voyager are sitting in my room and I gotta get opening

Hursticon
1st January 2011, 12:03 AM
Happy New Year Everyone! :D

GoktimusPrime
1st January 2011, 12:35 AM
おH正A月PあPけYまNしEてWおYめEでAとRうFごOざLいKまSす!
\(^\^)(^/^)/\(^\^)(^/^)/\(^\^)(^/^)/