Approximate Retail Price - $8
Approximate Size - 8cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Remote-controlled Truck
Main Features/Gimmicks - none
Main Colours - Dark blue, grey.
Main Accessories - none
My Difficulty rating (out of 5) - 1
Stability - Good balance, but the arms sometimes pop off, and have trouble locking together in alt-mode.
Poseability/articulation - Less than Soundwave, but isn't as noticeable with the limbs being a lot thinner, so doesn't look like a solid immovable block.
Playability - Very playable (a lot more playable than the Deluxe version), and great to have with regular sized Movie toys, as the character is supposed to be micro-sized compared the others.
My Thoughts - One of the best Legends sized toys, and should have been out in a much earlier wave while the Movie was helping to sell the toys. If you only buy one Wheelie toy, this one should be it. Both modes pull off the look of the character, with almost no kibble ruining either mode. Heck, even if you don't collect Movie toys, this one is a great cheap sample to have of the Movie universe.
Overall Recommendation Rating (out of 10) - 8.5 (must buy)

http://www.otca.com.au/tr10004b.jpg

5FDP
4th January 2010, 03:15 PM
Great review Griffin. Completely agree that this is the movie legends toy to get. It portrays the character more so than its deluxe counterpart.

optimus1
4th January 2010, 03:33 PM
Wheelie does look great when next he is next to Leader Prime :cool:

Vector Prime
4th January 2010, 06:55 PM
Wish I could find one around my local stores.... :(

i_amtrunks
5th January 2010, 10:38 AM
Ugly ugly face, but pretty cool alt mode that is in a much more suitable size class for scale.

Paint is fantastic for a legends, and he holds together quite well, I'm glad I skipped the deluxe version to get the legends class.

Wheel-J
5th January 2010, 11:15 PM
:eek: OMG...everyone wants this toy!

Grievous
15th January 2010, 01:43 PM
^As they should...he's awesome...
:D

Starscream212
16th January 2010, 09:43 AM
I still cant find him at retail!!! thanks for the review he looks awsome!

Stompy
16th January 2010, 07:30 PM
It is one of the best legendsfigures out. Particularly love the clever conversion and fantastic in both modes. Although in alt-mode there are a fair bit of robot kibble visible at the back but forgiven due to its size class. Definately one of the best Legends ever from an overall great line.

blackoptimus
2nd March 2010, 11:15 PM
I haven't manage to sight this anywhere. Are you sure it's released in Australia? I saw that they made a Jap version of this.

griffin
3rd March 2010, 01:17 AM
It sold pretty quickly, probably because it is only one of two Wheelie Toys, and it was a fairly prominent character (so should have had more toy options available). And between it and the Deluxe version, the Legends version is more playable (not complicated to transform) and is better scale to the other Movie Cast toys.

Kyle
3rd March 2010, 01:33 AM
I bought my Legends Wheelie from Kmart too. But this wave wasn't widely available. Only remember seeing them in 2 Kmarts in WA. Even the less popular one (Bluesteel Sideswipe) I haven't seen elsewhere.

Vector Prime
3rd March 2010, 02:21 PM
Yeah I had issues locating Wheelie here in Sydney too (until Gok snared one for me in his neck of the woods) - seems they were either short packed or that wave was given only a limited release.

MV75
11th April 2010, 03:49 PM
Well seeing as how I scored mine for $2 at woolies, I'll have to say buy it. :D

No really, it is a fun little transformation. One of the better legends around and does remind me of g1 minibots for sure. And the little car is fun too, I zoom it all over the table and make it do jumps.

Tallestblue
11th April 2010, 08:01 PM
TWO DOLLARS!? Lucky monkey. They're popping up at Woolies, where the rest of us (IE those of us who furiously quit our jobs at Woolworths and no longer benefit from a store discount) pay $6.49 for them. Still a good price for a neat toy.
I spose I shouldn't complain. I got Legends Jazz for free because it was torn open. it's good to be freinds with your supervisor.

BigPenney
11th April 2010, 08:04 PM
I've had mine for a couple of months now.
It was my favorite movie legend until I managed to get a Soundwave and I have to agree, A definite buy.

Blurrprimecoolboz2008
30th November 2010, 11:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1nj_ZMydGY