Released here - December 2009
Approximate Retail Price - $8
Approximate Size - 8cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Concept Corvette Stingray
Main Features/Gimmicks - none
Main Colours - Blueish grey, black.
Main Accessories - none
My Difficulty rating (out of 5) - 1 (legs can take a moment to figure out when converting to car mode)
Stability - Not too good on its tiny feet, but better than the Powerbots version, which actually has wheels for feet (most movie-accurate I guess), so doesn't stand up at all.
Poseability/articulation - Legends class either has solid legs or solid arms, and this one has joint-less arms. And with such tiny feet, it probably won't do much posing with the leg joints either.
Playability - Very playable in both modes.
My Thoughts - As with Optimus and other minor redecos lately, you probably wouldn't even notice that this was a redeco, as the blueish tinge to the grey gives Sideswipe more of a metallic look to it, which is just as movie accurate (for the regular shoppers). The sword arms and wheel detailing on the feet, plus the panels behind the head, really capture the character from the Movie, without spending several minutes converting the toy like the Deluxe version.
Overall Recommendation Rating (out of 10) - 7 (buy it if you don't have a Legends Sideswipe already)

http://www.otca.com.au/tr10004b.jpg

Paulbot
4th January 2010, 04:39 PM
I've only seen the toy on the shelf and I've left it there with prejudice. The blue tint makes the plastic look very cheap, I keep seeing it and thinking it's a KO.

kurdt_the_goat
4th January 2010, 05:32 PM
Seems with all these reviews recently, you found one new years resolution anyway!

griffin
5th January 2010, 12:26 AM
Yes, one of my resolutions this year was to do at least an average of one a day toy reviews. So far, so good...