PDA

View Full Version : Fifth Revenge of the Fallen Leader-Class Mold Revealed to be Bumblebee ???

Starscream212
5th January 2010, 02:57 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/fifth-revenge-of-the-fallen-leader-class-mold-revealed-to-be-bumblebee-168965/

This is ony a rumor! but if its true:
I wonder if it will be better than HA Bumblebee, and can we get a bumblebee with two hands!
Its a shame they could have made a different leader figure such as the fallen or ironhide, to accompany Starscream.
O well i guess Bumblebee sells and the kids love him!!!

Luckly i just sold my ROTF ultimate Bumblebee :D

5FDP
5th January 2010, 08:17 AM
Ultimate Bumblebee doesn't look so ultimate any more :D

If this is true, then I will be another selling off my Ultimate Bumblebee. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a swag of them on Ebay from collectors doing the same.

SilverDragon
5th January 2010, 06:07 PM
Did we really need another Bumblebee, especially when there are so many cheaper alternatives to this one?

1orion2many
5th January 2010, 11:56 PM
OH GOODY:D SARCASM INTENDED:p:D

griffin
6th January 2010, 01:05 AM
Full size image, for those who aren't TFW2005 members:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/rumor-the-5th-rotf-leader-class-mold-is/17617/

The artwork certainly looks like it is a new toy, but do they really need a Leader sized Bumblebee? It will be out of scale, it would be close to the size of the Ultimate one anyway, and between Deluxe and HA versions, a Leader size is rather redundant.
It'll certainly be one of the first re-released for the TF3 movie...

Firestorm
6th January 2010, 03:38 AM
i could think of about a dozen better characters to get a leader figure than bumblebee, infact i think i will
Long Haul,Grindor,Ironhide,Overload,Scrapper,Scalpel,Th e Fallen,Soundwave,Rampage,Scavenger,Mixmaster,Ratch et
anyway i probably wont be picking this one up ive never really liked movie bumblebees toys the only one so far i've liked is his first body from the first movies toyline (havnt had a decent look at human aliance yet)
well at least it's a little better than ultimate bee, and we know it'll sell well thanks to the kiddies, i can see it now ...
Kid "mommy mommy look! it's bumblebee buy him for me PLEASE"
Mum "didnt i alredy buy you a big bumblebee toy?"
Kid "THIS ONES DIFERANT! BUY IT NOW!(repeat about 20 times)"
Mum"CURSE YOU HASBRO!!!!"

dirge
6th January 2010, 10:15 AM
It's what the 42nd movie Bumblebee?

Yawn.

optimus1
6th January 2010, 10:37 AM
This is interesting, but I'd be more interested in The Fallen as he IS the supposed main movie villain.

SofaMan
6th January 2010, 04:11 PM
I have all of my Bumblebees on one shelf together, and almost half of them are from the movies. And I don't even have all of them (skipped Ultimate and Stealth, and a couple of the Legends).

So totally not needing another one. Hasbro have already released a massive Bumblebee - do we need another one?? I agree with Optimus - The Fallen would have been a far better choice.

Mind you, I'm not even sold on the Leader Starscream. I'd far rather unique, relevant and size-appropriate characters for Leader toys; Jetfire worked. And of course accepting that Optimus and Megatron will always be Leader class.

Gutsman Heavy
6th January 2010, 04:59 PM
I'd prefer Leader BB over The Fallen, at least it would turn into something. I'd much rather leader class Grindor/Blackout or Bonecrusher

dirge
7th January 2010, 09:47 AM
Leader Class Alice? At that scale they could probably do an old school Pretender shell with that weird robot inside. And there could be a trapdoor on her... posterior for the tail.

Not something I'm desperate for, but I'm sure it'd be a popular toy amongst the fans (:

kup
7th January 2010, 09:53 AM
What a waste of plastic. Seriously a leader Bumblebee? What's the point?

That is clearly a poorly thought out marketing driven toy since the stores and Hasbro seem to think that Movie Bumblebee is the best selling character ever and that all kids will buy anything that has to do with the character.

5FDP
7th January 2010, 10:01 AM
Leader Class Alice? At that scale they could probably do an old school Pretender shell with that weird robot inside. And there could be a trapdoor on her... posterior for the tail.

Not something I'm desperate for, but I'm sure it'd be a popular toy amongst the fans (:

I bet it would. We would probably get some skewed results over on this (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=5451) thread though :eek:

Lord_Zed
8th January 2010, 01:56 PM
What a waste of plastic. Seriously a leader Bumblebee? What's the point?

That is clearly a poorly thought out marketing driven toy since the stores and Hasbro seem to think that Movie Bumblebee is the best selling character ever and that all kids will buy anything that has to do with the character.

Given the amount of Bumblebee toys released I'd say that's a fair assumption, although I have no interest in a leader class Bumblebee a waste of plastic would be a bit extreme, as it will likely sell better than some of the other leader toys they have released so far, Brawl I'm looking at you.

I don't really see why it's poorly thought out though, maybe if we Fan's were the whole market it would be, but there still pushing Bumblebee toys so I think he's far from an unprofitable branding.

Given the quality of some of the recent leaders it will probably be better than Ultimate Bumblebee too.

Still I share the general lack of interest in this toy, and it means that Bumblebee has clearly secured his place along with Prime, Megatron, and Starscream as one of those TF's who is in every damn toyline. Clearly a sad day for poor Goldbug. :(

optimus1
8th January 2010, 02:03 PM
Still I share the general lack of interest in this toy, and it means that Bumblebee has clearly secured his place along with Prime, Megatron, and Starscream as one of those TF's who is in every damn toyline. Clearly a sad day for poor Goldbug. :(

It makes you wonder what could have been if they had Grimlock in the movieverse

Autocon
9th January 2010, 06:04 PM
bb old
bb new
stealth bb
cliffjumper
preview bb
cannon bb
cannon bb clear
ha bb
UBB
UBB face mask
battle scene bb
fab bb
stealth legends bb (for sale hehe)

leader bb
cannon bb repaint

dam thats alot of bb:o

GoktimusPrime
9th January 2010, 06:32 PM
you forgot bb (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/BB) :p ;) I wouldn't have included Cliffjumper; he's technically a separate character.

There have been more Bumblebee action figures released between 2007 to now compared to 1984-2006. Not including variants and reissues, prior to the live action movie we had:
1. Bumblebee (original 1984)
2. Goldbug
3. Pretender Bumblebee (I'm counting Kmart Legend Bumblebee as a variant :p)
4. Action Master Bumblebee
5. G2 Bumblebee (1993)
6. Go-Bot Bumblebee
7. Smallest Transformation Bumblebee
8. Classics Bumblebee

Since 2007 we've had: (again, not including variants like Lawson, Evolution of a Hero etc)
1. Slumblebee
2. Deluxe Bumblebee (70s Camaro)
3. Deluxe Bumblebee (Concept Camaro)
4. Deluxe Bumblebee (Premium; and I'm counting Stealth Bumblebee as a variant of this mould)
5. Deluxe Bumblebee (ROTF Preview)
6. Deluxe Cannon Bumblebee
7. Legends Bumblebee (TF1)
8. Legends Bumblebee (ROTF)
9. Ultimate Bumblebee (TF1)
10. Ultimate Bumblebee (ROTF)
11. Trans-Scanning Bumblebee
12. FAB Bumblebee (TF1)
13. FAB Bumblebee (ROTF)
14. Cyber Slammer Bumblebee (70s)
15. Cyber Slammer Bumblebee (Concept)
16. Cyber Stompin' Robots Bumblebee
17. Robot Replica Bumblebee (TF1)
18. Robot Replica Bumblebee (ROTF)
19. Micro IR Bumblebee
20. Human Alliance Bumblebee
21. Gravity Bot Bumblebee
22. Battle Charger Bumblebee
23. Power Bot Bumblebee
...and I'm not including all the Bumblebee toys that I personally don't consider to be "action figures" like RPM, Voice Changer helmet, Plasma Cannon arm, movie dangler, Kite, ZipZap, XMOD, Unleashed, Chess Knight, Beatmix, Robot Heroes etc.

So basically we've received triple the number of Bumblebee action figures between 2007-2009 compared to what we had between 1984-2006! :o

5FDP
9th January 2010, 10:27 PM
Please don't tell me that was just off the top of your head Goki? :p

I suppose if one were to collect them all from the first movie (2007) and ROTF, it might look a bit like this...

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb72/mia604/mias%20room/IMG_4916.jpg

Although, why anyone would go to the effort is beyond me.

GoktimusPrime
9th January 2010, 11:39 PM
Please don't tell me that was just off the top of your head Goki?
Some of it was from other less comfortable places... like the back seat of a VW Beetle :p

Autocon
10th January 2010, 01:00 AM
Please don't tell me that was just off the top of your head Goki? :p

I suppose if one were to collect them all from the first movie (2007) and ROTF, it might look a bit like this...

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb72/mia604/mias%20room/IMG_4916.jpg

Although, why anyone would go to the effort is beyond me.

where are those frenzys from?

5FDP
10th January 2010, 09:44 AM
where are those frenzys from?

I could be wrong, but I think it's the one that comes with Deluxe Barricade and some are just custom paint jobs.

GoktimusPrime
10th January 2010, 10:44 AM
The grey Frenzy comes with the regular Deluxe Barricade and most other versions. The blue Frenzy comes with Recon Barricade and the red one comes with AllSpark Power Barricade.

5FDP
10th January 2010, 10:51 AM
That pretty much sums up my knowledge of Bay-formers :D

Is there anything you don't know Goki?

griffin
10th January 2010, 01:24 PM
Frenzy comes in four fruity flavous. Grey, Red, Blue and Black - the black one is from the Screen Battles pack, which needs to be surgically removed from Barricade (they screwed it in, probably because the pack already comes with a new Frenzy figurine but needed the grill-plate for the Car mode).

Bumbleb33
14th January 2010, 01:23 AM
You forgot Allspark Bumblebee and Battlefield Bumblebee

GoktimusPrime
14th January 2010, 09:32 AM
No I didn't. I intentionally didn't include variants, and I consider those toys to be variants as AllSpark Bumblebee is simply a repaint of Deluxe Concept Camaro Bumblebee and Battlefield Bumblebee is a repaint of the original Activator Bumblebee mould. If we wanted to include all variants of post 2006 Bumblebees then we would also need to include all variants of pre-2006 Bumblebees, including all the variants of the original 1984 G1 Bumblebee mould for which there are a LOT (e.g. reissues, red, South American variants etc.)... one thing I didn't include which I arguably should have was Bumblejumper - technically that mould can count as Bumblebee.

Grievous
14th January 2010, 12:08 PM
Okay...I know I just got here...but still...
Do we really need another Bumblebee?

Why not a Leader Grindor/Blackout?
Why not a leader Long Haul?
Why not even go for a Leader Soundwave?

I think the 4 leaders released so far have been great toys...
But really...do we need another Bumblebee?

GoktimusPrime
14th January 2010, 12:10 PM
...or a Leader Reedman

Grievous
14th January 2010, 12:12 PM
^Well...a legends or scout class Reedman would be pretty sweet...
:cool:

1AZRAEL1
14th January 2010, 12:40 PM

I'd buy it, Soundwave is sooooooooo underappreciated IMHO.

5FDP
14th January 2010, 12:48 PM

I'd buy that in a heart beat.

Grievous
14th January 2010, 12:54 PM
^I'm sure a lot of people would...

I personally can't believe Soundwave has been restricted to
that one deluxe mold. That one deluxe mold that they keep repainting...
:mad:

I know he doesn't play a large role in the film...but still...
Its Soundwave! One of the greatest characters in Transformer history.

I personally would love a Leader Bonecrusher as well...
But I doubt I'll ever see it.
:(

DarkHyren
14th January 2010, 01:06 PM
I just don't get the hype over Bumblebee.
I mean he's an ok character I suppose, but there are better.
And like others have said, we should have a leader class toy of The Fallen or Soundwave rather then yet another Bumblebee.

Grievous
14th January 2010, 06:10 PM
^I don't think its hype...I just think its the fact his toys
sell like hot cakes no matter what the size class.

Personally...I think the Human Alliance Bumblebee is
the "perfect" Bumblebee and the one everyone should
have.

Leader Fallen would also be pretty awesome...As
long as he has his wicked spear.
:cool:

GoktimusPrime
14th January 2010, 09:40 PM
Leader Class Alice.

<insert various wrong comments here> :p

Grievous
15th January 2010, 01:02 PM
^I think we'll get a Alice figure when
they release Human Alliance Sideways...
;)

RageOnTheRoads
15th January 2010, 07:04 PM
I personally would love a Leader Bonecrusher as well...
But I doubt I'll ever see it.
:(

now that would be epic!:D

Another Bumblebee!!!!!:eek: Well thats a big pass for me.

Surely flogging the same character out again and again can only be so profitable right!? :confused: Especially when they are all in the same line.

Oh well, with leader starscream on the way I guess I can't complain.

GoktimusPrime
16th January 2010, 12:07 PM
Leader Class Defeated Sideways. The car mode can split in half! :D

And before you laugh... remember how we used to joke about a "Defeated Darth Maul" shortly after Phantom Menace came out (people even made customs as a joke)... then Hasbro actually released an official Darth Maul figure who could split apart at the waist! Although I don't think his voice chip actually went "Hhrrrkk!" :p

5FDP
16th January 2010, 02:45 PM
Or you could do it like the original battle damage He-Man with panels that flip around showing damage when hit. That would be kinda cool...

GoktimusPrime
16th January 2010, 08:32 PM
...those battle damage panels never worked for me. Always got stuck on "mid-damage" mode. :/ I'm not sure how you could recreate a bisection with a panel though. :p