PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been watching/listening to the cricket??

optimus1
6th January 2010, 03:50 PM
Has anyone been watching/listening to the cricket at the SCG??

Pakistan 5/80 needing another 96 runs to win!

Exciting stuff from Australia :D

I wish I was there :eek:

Starscream212
6th January 2010, 03:52 PM
yeah watching it right now! (on TV) Hauritz finger must be killing him!
Pakistan will still win i reckon :mad:

mknell
6th January 2010, 04:39 PM
well yesterday arvo Australia were at $12 for the win now they are at $1.95 with pakistan at $1.85, after that 1st day who would have thought it could go like this

Fungal Infection
6th January 2010, 04:50 PM
And Pakistan just lost their 7th wicket with 43 runs needed - gripping stuff!!

Fungal Infection
6th January 2010, 04:54 PM
8th wicket down.....

optimus1
6th January 2010, 04:59 PM
:D:D

And in other news I just found out my workmate's dad is a former Indian Test cricketer :p

SGB
6th January 2010, 05:16 PM
Well I'll be hornswoggled ... the Aussies won!

Fungal Infection
6th January 2010, 05:40 PM
That ranks as the best win I've seen the Aussies take in recent years - the only other match that could match that is the India/Australia match at the SCG in 08. :D

Bartrim
6th January 2010, 05:53 PM
That ranks as the best win I've seen the Aussies take in recent years - the only other match that could match that is the India/Australia match at the SCG in 08. :D

Agreed I haven't been that wrapped up in a game of cricket (especially a test match) in a long time.

optimus1
6th January 2010, 05:56 PM
What a victory alright :D

Another SCG classic

darockk
7th January 2010, 01:11 AM
well yesterday arvo Australia were at $12 for the win now they are at $1.95 with pakistan at $1.85, after that 1st day who would have thought it could go like this

Hmm another suspicious choke by pakistan =p

i_amtrunks
7th January 2010, 12:10 PM
Agreed I haven't been that wrapped up in a game of cricket (especially a test match) in a long time.

Best game of the summer and it only lasted 3 and a half days. More than a little disappointed in Pakistan, seeing how they dominated all game, but would not bowl to get Siddle out. The Hauritz catch to claim Yousef looked painful.

Love that Warne and many many others claimed Test cricket was in serious decline... Had two great series in Australia, a really tight series in South Africa (and now that India have somehow been ranked #1 in tests it wont be in decline in the sub continent anymore).

Just shows that Australia, South Africa and England deciding not to follow India and produce dead batting wickets creates far more interesting matches.

And I'd like to say congratulations to Glenn McGrath who predicted an Aussie win by 37 runs, he was only 1 off!

North is in trouble of getting dropped now that Hussey has regained form, but perhaps Ponting should rest his elbow in the dead rubber and let Clarke show us his poor excuse for "captaincy".