PDA

View Full Version : After 4 years of searching....finally!!!

sideswipes brother
10th January 2010, 10:07 AM
Hey team,
I have been searching for a G1 Galvatron orange cannon for the past 4 years. Whilst there are plenty available in online stores and Ebay, they were all way overpriced. The most expensive i saw was a BIN on Ebay for $60.
Anyway, a few days ago i landed this baby!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150402690280&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The search for one of my grails is finally over!!
Next on my list is a fair priced Takara Ehobby Astrotrain!!! (yeah, i know what your thinking..good luck with that one!)

1AZRAEL1
10th January 2010, 10:28 AM
Nice, very nice. That's a piece I have been after for a very long time myself. It's all I need to complete my Galvatron.

5FDP
10th January 2010, 11:03 AM
Congrats mate. I know the feeling of finding something you've been after for a while so I can imagine how you feel :)

roller
10th January 2010, 12:38 PM
Nyah nyah i got mine cheaper and quicker :p

yeah its awesome getting that bugger all his accessories, it took me about a year and a half

sideswipes brother
10th January 2010, 02:37 PM
Nyah nyah i got mine cheaper and quicker :p

yeah its awesome getting that bugger all his accessories, it took me about a year and a half

Yeah, im still in shock you got that bugger for only $8 bucks!!!

Anyway, i dont think ill get the gun simply because ive never seen him use it in the cartoon. Dont know about the comic?? Did he use it in that??

roller
10th January 2010, 02:44 PM
. Dont know about the comic?? Did he use it in that??

he never used it in the cartoon

as for the Marvel comic, i don't think so

Sky Shadow
10th January 2010, 03:16 PM
Glad your searching was finally consummated. If anyone does want the black gun, I still have one for sale for $5:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=127707&postcount=1

GoktimusPrime
10th January 2010, 05:30 PM
I don't recall Galvatron ever using his rifle in the comics either. Then again, the original Megatron toy also comes with a hand-held gun (and Goodbye Megatron came with a sword) which he never uses in any canon. One cool thing that Galvatron did do in the comics that he didn't do in the cartoon was transform into his gun mode! In the cartoon he only ever used his cannon mode. However there was some inconsistency in terms of mass shifting with his gun mode. At times he could shrink himself down to the size of a Transformer-sized pistol like Megatron would in the cartoon (e.g.: ride around in Cyclonus' cockpit in shrunken gun mode, which does make more sense than the cartoon which had Galvatron piloting Cyclonus in robot mode!); but other times he would wouldn't mass-shift at all in gun mode, such as when he attacked Autobase. Weird.

Anyway, congratulations on getting that cannon. It's an easily lost piece and a royal pain the butt to find on its own (and if you do it's often at a steep price).

Nyah nyah i got mine cheaper and quicker

Yeah, im still in shock you got that bugger for only $8 bucks!!!
I'm still in shock that roller paid $200 for a Deluxe! :o :p ;)

canofwhoopass_87
13th January 2010, 12:45 AM
Lol sidey I didn't realise how badly you were after this piece. You must've been pretty disappointed when roller snapped up the spare one I had. I think I listed it at $8 or $9? Prior to that sale, I bought that cannon piece a week earlier for $15US not including shipping -_- ...I ended up picking up a really cheap complete galvatron from the same store.

To make myself feel a little better I'm just gona say - damn you roller. Damn you.

valkyrie_76
13th January 2010, 10:01 AM
Its cheaper to buy a complete Galvatron than just the buy the cannon itself. I think I bought my one last year and I paid roughly $25 for a complete figure from ebay.