PDA

View Full Version : "I've made a huge mistake"

Gutsman Heavy
8th March 2008, 01:45 PM
I think Gob (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Oscar_%22G.O.B.%22_Bluth_II) summed it up nicely.

"I've made a huge mistake"

ever felt like you made a stupid choice with your TFs? Figures you passed on at retail? (Bludgeon? Thunderwing?) Or in my case sold.

No doubt my fellow Ozformers remember I sold most of my collection on the old boards, Cybertron, Armada, Movie figs all went to good homes and I have no regrets about those, but why, oh why! did I sell my Beast Wars figures? Beast Wars is the best, I love transformers, I love animals! Put them together and something special was made.

Now my esteemed Ozformers friends should I jump back in? Get back into the Beast Wars again? Or cut my losses and run?

Has anyone else made a huge mistake?

kup
8th March 2008, 02:05 PM
Sorry to hear about that Gutsman, we all make crap decisions or have had crap forced upon to make us decide on something that we regret later so I sympathize.

It's not hard to get back onto Beast Wars as many figures are still selling for decent prices and the Japanese have released several high quality releases in recent times.

The only hard ones to find are:
- Original Ratrap
- BW Grimlock
- X9 Ravage
- Megatron Dragon (it was hard back then due to scalpers but I think Transfigures now stock him)
- Optimal Optimus (hard to find in good condition)

1orion2many
8th March 2008, 02:46 PM
:)Beast Wars is my favourite line, most are at reasonable prices as Kup said so if you start off slowly just getting your favourites you may find it's not to painful on the pocket. You just need to make sure you always have some spare cash for emergencies;).

GoktimusPrime
8th March 2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah, Beast Wars is still quite inexpensive to collect, so I would definitely recommend grabbing them now before roller's generation starts making more disposable income and the price/demand for them may increase.

dirge
8th March 2008, 04:18 PM
Roller with disposable income? Definitely to be avoided d:

(yes, grab the BW cast, before the reissues become too expensive)

springah
8th March 2008, 04:39 PM
Yep, Tripred Agent :(

roller
8th March 2008, 05:12 PM
Dont'cha wish your girlfriend was raw like me?! Dont'cha!!!

no one in my generation will like toys by the time they reach your age,they too busy with Warcraft

Paulbot
8th March 2008, 07:00 PM
$10 Cyclonus, Starscream, Ramjet. Nah I won't buy any of those. D'oh!
$10 G2 Dinobots? I'll just buy one. Sigh.

springah
8th March 2008, 07:01 PM
no one in my generation will like toys by the time they reach your age,they too busy with Warcraft

WoW is for r-tards :)

TF2, woot!

turtle boy
8th March 2008, 07:12 PM
WoW is for r-tards :)

TF2, woot!

LMAO Agreed

roller
8th March 2008, 07:18 PM
$10 Cyclonus, Starscream, Ramjet. Nah I won't buy any of those. D'oh!
$10 G2 Dinobots? I'll just buy one. Sigh.

my minimal intelligence does not understand joke, explain

Paulbot
8th March 2008, 07:36 PM
Those are two of my big mistakes, passing them up so cheap back in the day.

STL
8th March 2008, 11:12 PM
Definitely go back for them, Gutsman. They're my among my favourite toys now. I agree with Kup's list and would only add Terrorsaur as the other one who is hard to find. He's the only one from the first season I'm missing. The other notables I'm missing are Optimal Optimus & X-9 Ravage.

Try liqdeal on eBay for Megatron dragon. I knocked it off him for about $35USD IIRC. He still has it from time to time along with gigastorm (Trypticon repaint). They appear sporadically but sell fast.

Also you might want to try this:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10705&mode=retail&picture=in

Shipping is about $100 USD. Together it works out to be about $24 a figure IIRC which is decent for very show accurate figures. I've been wanting that for awhile but have stuck with what I already have.

The other bet is running beast wars searches on eBay. Often enough, people are selling BWs figures off in lots that go for about $100 USD with 10-16 loose figures in them. Real deal. I picked up a fair few of my BWs that way.

Gutsman Heavy
9th March 2008, 11:38 AM
thanks for the link STL that looks like a good place to start, plus I never had a Blackarachnia!

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2008, 11:41 AM
My biggest mistake was passing up a MISB Fortress Maximus and I had enough cash in my wallet at the time to get it there and then. *kicks self in the janglies*

TF76
4th July 2009, 10:23 PM
A few years back I sold a boxed Reflector, G1 Megatron, most of the gold boxed G1 Autobot cars and a Grimlock. My complete Seacons and Monstructor... Soooo yeah

I have the card backs for Montructor but I havent been able to find the robots so I think they went.

I also sold my Metroplex box and scampers gun a a few parts, it took ages and cost a fortune to replace the parts and I still don't have a box.

liegeprime
5th July 2009, 01:37 AM
My biggest mistake and Ive already told this to Gok before was passing up buying the Japanese versions of Monstructor being sold in a local Department store yeaaars ago, I havent seen Victory yet on Star TV. I was aware of Monstructor but of the Hasbro version - monster shells not dinos. I thought they were ridiculous KOs ( back then the term was bootleg) since they had different shells to begin with and the colors weren't what I knew so passed them up even though they sold dead cheaper. I thought they were "bootlegs" coz I had a bootleg reflector (still with me) so I am aware of cheap imitations and didnt want em. Yes even the store didn't know how valuable I guess their floor stock really is. Well after a month I saw the Victory episodes on Star TV and my jaw just dropped :eek::eek: Doh!! Went back to the store when I had enough disposable cash but by then there was nothing but new toys on sale.:(:(

Also made similar mistake of passing up pretenders when they went for sale from a local toy shop ( nova Fontana - back in Phils - its bankcrupt now) coz the packagings were waterlogged due to the location of their warehouse got flooded. They were selling em cheap for Php. 150 each ( divide by 31 to get AU$$ equivalent) - some of the screws may have rusting, the boxes have tears and water damage, but darn they were all complete inside with the plastic bubble keeping them intact, sigh went and bought AM Prime and Megsy first and thought , meh I dont want these bricks ( pretenders) and thought the innerbots were ugly as. NOW Im trying to complete the darn things as Splashdown and Groundbreaker are the only ones left to find and terribly expensive to get complete.:mad::mad: This happened at the height of Beast Wars hence they sold cheap thinking its not the craze anymore and the stock would not get sold if we sold em for near as new price.... but someone did grab em as they were all gone in 3 weeks tops. there was a whole TRU shelf space of em too. But I did manage to get Chainclaw and Catilla ( my very first 2 pretenders TF ever).

dirge
5th July 2009, 11:25 AM
I've actually since gotten my hands on some of those warehouse-flooded Pretenders, from a seller in the Philippines. No boxes, backing card had some water damage but the toys were perfect. The (eBay) seller also had one or two AMs. I believe 1orion2many also bought some, I believe. Must've been a big warehouse!

Verno
5th July 2009, 11:47 AM
As some may know, I'm partial to the occasional Beast :p As a few of the guys have pointed out, its only a few choice items that are going to be difficult to get, the rest can be found around the traps with not too much drama.

I've got everything except the Jap 10th anniversary packed away, but I can highly reccomend those figures, the paint apps are as close as we're going to see, unless we get Masterpiece Beast Wars figures in the years to come :p

Also try to get a Hard Hero Rhinox statue. The thing is beautiful! And it makes me sad that the line got cancelled after just 1 model :(

sanbot
6th July 2009, 09:06 PM
My biggest mistake. Which I guess isn't really my mistake but I still feel crap about it (and I'm sure many other people feel the same) :p

Is that all my childhood transformer toys were thrown/given away by my parents because I stopped playing with them.

In fact, I do have a real mistake. When i was in year 4 I gave away my G1 Scattorshot to a friend for his birthday because I wanted him to be my best friend :o

Damn U Giles Broughton, I want my Scattorshot back! :p

Lesson learnt: Don't have best friends!

RagingBull
7th July 2009, 01:32 PM
BEAST WARS FOREVER!!!

just thought id throw that in there! hehehe

if anyone is interested, i do have a few Beast Wars up for sale. i picked them up with a lot i bought on ebay a while back, but they are doubles for me so im looking for good homes to send them to. if anyone is interested i can email you a list of what i got, just send me a pm.

cheers.

AussieJason
4th August 2009, 08:56 PM
My biggest mistake was passing up a MISB Fortress Maximus and I had enough cash in my wallet at the time to get it there and then. *kicks self in the janglies*

You fool ! ;) How much was it ?

My biggest mistakes:

Passing on a MP04 Prime at $69.95, only to buy it later for $270.

Passing on a G1 MIB Pepsi Prime for $250

canofwhoopass_87
5th August 2009, 01:01 AM
Ah man...the number of times I've forgotten to bid on some ebay auctions and then looking at the low low low final selling price -_-

Surely there are others in this same boat?

STL
5th August 2009, 01:14 AM
Ah man...the number of times I've forgotten to bid on some ebay auctions and then looking at the low low low final selling price -_-

Surely there are others in this same boat?

Dude, all the time. All the time. :o

blackie
5th August 2009, 09:50 AM
Dude, all the time. All the time. :o

:)

STL
5th August 2009, 10:18 AM
:)

@$$hat.

blackie
5th August 2009, 10:21 AM
@$$hat.

i thought you told me that was your nickname? :p

klystron
5th August 2009, 11:24 AM
BW is my favourite line after G1. Just going thru another BW phase. season1 primal is one of the BEST TF toys ever IMHO.
Anyone that read my intro when I joined may recall my lamenting about giving-away most of my TFs in grade 12 (too cool for toys).
Boxed Reflector
G1 Mirage, Blaster, Skywarp, Slugslinger, Misfire, Shockwave, Seaspray, Warpath, Bruticus, Ravage, Frenzy, Steeljaw, Eject, Ramhorn
its too traumatic for me to try and think of the others now!

To make matters worse, I'm one of the worst offenders at forgetting ebay finishing times and missing bids.
Mind you, I have been known to set my alarm for 4am to get up and bid.

GoktimusPrime
5th August 2009, 02:53 PM
You fool ! How much was it ?
Can't remember - this was in 1991. :(

AussieJason
5th August 2009, 07:52 PM
Can't remember - this was in 1991. :(

I assume you haven't had a good night's sleep since.

I'm bad at not bidding on Ebay as well, I consistently have about 50 items I am watching, then promptly never bid.

Sam
6th August 2009, 07:39 PM
I never had a lot of TF figures, but I guess my mistake was giving them all to a neighbour's kid (who probably didn't really appreciate them anyway). I figured I had grown out of TFs.

I gave away (all G1):

- Pipes
- Soundwave
- Triggerhappy
- Headstrong
- Slapdash
- Metroplex

All of them had the original card or box, with all accessories, tech specs, instructions, catalogues, and stickers in good condition. :(

Autocon
7th August 2009, 01:45 AM
BEAST WARS FOREVER!!!

just thought id throw that in there! hehehe

if anyone is interested, i do have a few Beast Wars up for sale. i picked them up with a lot i bought on ebay a while back, but they are doubles for me so im looking for good homes to send them to. if anyone is interested i can email you a list of what i got, just send me a pm.

cheers.

oooh any left?

klystron
7th August 2009, 10:23 AM
+1

BigPenney
7th August 2009, 07:09 PM
I'm bad at not bidding on Ebay as well, I consistently have about 50 items I am watching, then promptly never bid.
+1 :D

I only really have two mistakes.

The first was thinking I was over transformers towards the end of Beast wars. after the show had stopped airing I moved on to other things, packed my BW toys away and stoped with transformers. then when the 2007 movie came out I got interested again and now I have to try and get all the stuff that I missed out in the time I was out of the fandom (although at least with repaints I get the fun of having the mold for the first time :)).

And the second is not looking after my first and favourite transformer, Rotorstorm. I haven’t seen it since grade 1 and from my memories most (if not all) of the stickers had peeled off and 3 of the 4 missiles had gone missing. Now all I can find of it is one of the missile launchers and the wing/missile holder for the right leg :(.