PDA

View Full Version : Transformers 3 - June 29 2011 (US) & now June 29 (AUS/NZ)

1AZRAEL1
13th January 2010, 10:05 AM
And set to start filming in May.

I hope the limited time won't make it half arsed job of it.

RageOnTheRoads
13th January 2010, 10:42 AM

Me too. Sheesh, those poor ILM animators, artists, modelers and riggers are going to be working until their hands bleed...again.

i_amtrunks
13th January 2010, 10:49 AM

A year for all the digital effects is what worries me. At least most of the intricate character models will already be completed.

Robzy
13th January 2010, 11:49 AM
Transformers 3???

God - they haven't even finished writing the script for Transformers 2 yet!!

5FDP
13th January 2010, 12:10 PM
My first thought after reading this was it seems a bit rushed.

I also read previously that Hasbro recently met with Michael Bay and they expressed concerns over the adult humour in ROTF explaining that this is in essence a kids brand and they don't want to see this compromised.

Hopefully there will be no more 'toilet humour' in the third instalment.

Kyle
13th January 2010, 12:18 PM
I actually don't mind toilet humour... provided that they're done right... :p

Paulbot
13th January 2010, 12:21 PM
You know what would make me really happy? If the next movie looked like this! (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=6591)

Sleeve
13th January 2010, 12:54 PM
Transformers 3???

:D

SofaMan
13th January 2010, 05:01 PM
Transformers 3???

badaboom-tssh! :D

Bartrim
13th January 2010, 05:59 PM
I also read previously that Hasbro recently met with Michael Bay and they expressed concerns over the adult humour in ROTF explaining that this is in essence a kids brand and they don't want to see this compromised.

I agree with this. Someone needs to show Michael Bay the old Muppet movies. They are an excellent example of subtley slipping adult jokes into family friendly movies.

5FDP
13th January 2010, 06:10 PM
I actually don't mind toilet humour... provided that they're done right... :p

Like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1_6D9QS9Y) you mean? :D

An oldie but a goody.

Lord_Zed
21st January 2010, 09:15 PM
Isn't July 2011 the exact same time that was between TF 1 and TF 2? Granted both those movies were made pretty damn fast all things considered. I don't think we need to worry too much about the effects though, they have all that extra time that's normaly reserved for story editing to do effects in.

I agree with this. Someone needs to show Michael Bay the old Muppet movies. They are an excellent example of subtley slipping adult jokes into family friendly movies.

I don't think subtely is in Michael Bay's vocabulary, but Muppet movies rock, I hope what his face from How I met your Mother writes a worthy new one.

Prime_217
21st January 2010, 09:44 PM
Hopefully there will be no more 'toilet humour' in the third instalment.

i didnt mind the toilet humour in the first one because i though it was poerfectly done and that there was a good amount of it. ie just a few jokes, but then in rotf they crossed the line and made the jokes far to childish ie devastators testicles.

OrionPax
21st January 2010, 10:01 PM
I don't think subtely is in Michael Bay's vocabulary, but Muppet movies rock, I hope what his face from How I met your Mother writes a worthy new one.

I love that show! :D That writer would be perfect for coming up with mature jokes but not so much of Sci-Fi material. HIMYM is comedy while TF isn't.

Maxiewolf
21st January 2010, 11:05 PM
It does seem a bit soonish but It is possible they may have filmed some scenes for 3 while making 2, which could cut down the required time frames. Its not uncommon.. though I doubt they could have hidden that they where doing that for this long. So who knows :confused:

blackoptimus
11th July 2010, 12:11 AM
The third movie of a series is always the worst!

1AZRAEL1
11th July 2010, 10:10 AM

Not always. Batman & Robin was worse than Batman Forever :p

1AZRAEL1
11th July 2010, 10:13 AM
Don't think there is a need for another thread for this, only minor (I think)

Di Bonaventura talks about Fox's Transformers Departure and a couple of other tid bits. (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67825)

Of note was this

Earlier in the day, di Bonaventura told a group of journalists that he thinks Transformers 3 will likely be the last installment at least for him and director Michael Bay, even if that doesn't mean Paramount won't reboot the series with new talent down the line. "It may not be the end of the line of Transformers for Hasbro and Paramount, but I would think so. (For) Michael, I'm sure it is. He's spent a lot of years working on one thing."

Prime_217
30th July 2010, 10:57 PM

to that i say TOY STORY 3!!!

fatbot
31st October 2010, 09:45 AM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/international-release-dates-for-transformers-dark-of-the-moon/20122/

We get it on 30/06/2011

griffin
31st October 2010, 06:36 PM
(Editted title to reflect our different date)

Again, it is essentially a simultaneous global release between those two days (which is good for us, as the date-line means our release is almost 2 days before America)

Tallestblue
31st October 2010, 07:42 PM
to that i say TOY STORY 3!!!

And, oh, I dunno....

RETURN OF THE FRIGGIN' JEDI!!?

5FDP
20th May 2011, 10:40 PM
Looks like the US will now be getting the movie the same time as us...

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/dark-of-the-moon-release-date-bumped-to-29-june-172214/

Sutton
23rd May 2011, 10:07 PM
Looks like the US will now be getting the movie the same time as us...

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/dark-of-the-moon-release-date-bumped-to-29-june-172214/

Or maybe not, yanks...!

29th June in Australia too, apparently.

http://villagecinemas.com.au/Movies/Coming-Soon-By-Release-Date.htm

I was only looking at that last week, and it said 30th of June, and has since updated.

Sutton
24th May 2011, 05:59 PM
The TP Comic Adaptation is up for sale at kingscomics.com for anyone interested in that sort of thing...

bassbot
12th June 2011, 08:03 PM
I saw a TV spot tonight saying midnight June 28TH in some places!!! trying to find where!!!

STL
20th June 2011, 01:31 AM
I just realised, this coincides with midnight sales.

Geez, that's going to be one helluva busy night if we the Melbournian troupe continue their tradition

davieanix
22nd June 2011, 08:16 PM
I am not familiar with showtimes on IMDB, but I just went to the Dark of the Moon page and up the top it said "Now showing at 1 cinema near Melbourne". So I clicked on it and it said it's showing today at Village (I think) on Chapel Street.

Is there some advanced screening going on today? Anyone here possibly going or have gone? Or is it just an IMDB screw up lol.

griffin
23rd June 2011, 12:05 AM
That's likely to be an error.
The World Premiere in Moscow hasn't happened yet... but will later today.

Sutton
24th June 2011, 08:25 PM
Finally had a rating assigned by the classification board: M

http://www.classification.gov.au/www/cob/find.nsf/5b6ebdff7f5b9a24ca2575ca00062226/6d4780cc6a6d9e1aca2578b8005d6790?OpenDocument

Probably not important to most folks on here, but for those of us with younger kids nagging to go see it, nice to finally have a rating.

I find it interesting that the board doesn't rate these films higher based on the violence that occurs to the robot characters...within the context of the movie, they're as valid as humans. If the violence between the robots in TF1 and TF2 was done in a human war movie, it'd be MA15+ at least, if not higher. DOTM certainly looks to be on par with the first two based on the trailers alone.

I certainly remember being quite shaken at the violent combat in the original animated movie as a 6 or 7 year old...when the Decepticons stormed the shuttle and started punching big irreparable holes in the Autobots it left a lasting impression on my young psyche.

Just my 10 cents.

Sutton
24th June 2011, 08:26 PM
I am not familiar with showtimes on IMDB, but I just went to the Dark of the Moon page and up the top it said "Now showing at 1 cinema near Melbourne". So I clicked on it and it said it's showing today at Village (I think) on Chapel Street.

Is there some advanced screening going on today? Anyone here possibly going or have gone? Or is it just an IMDB screw up lol.

Key word there was 'IMDB' :D

5FDP
24th June 2011, 10:24 PM
I find it interesting that the board doesn't rate these films higher based on the violence that occurs to the robot characters...within the context of the movie, they're as valid as humans. If the violence between the robots in TF1 and TF2 was done in a human war movie, it'd be MA15+ at least, if not higher. DOTM certainly looks to be on par with the first two based on the trailers alone.

I completely agree with you Sutton. I would not let my son watch this until he is at least a teenager.

With the group that I have organised for next Thursday, one of the people coming has a son who is only 7. I was quite shocked when he told me.

Tetsuwan Convoy
4th July 2011, 12:21 AM
Finally had a rating assigned by the classification board: M

http://www.classification.gov.au/www/cob/find.nsf/5b6ebdff7f5b9a24ca2575ca00062226/6d4780cc6a6d9e1aca2578b8005d6790?OpenDocument

Probably not important to most folks on here, but for those of us with younger kids nagging to go see it, nice to finally have a rating.

I certainly remember being quite shaken at the violent combat in the original animated movie as a 6 or 7 year old...when the Decepticons stormed the shuttle and started punching big irreparable holes in the Autobots it left a lasting impression on my young psyche.

Just my 10 cents.

I completely agree with you Sutton. I would not let my son watch this until he is at least a teenager.

With the group that I have organised for next Thursday, one of the people coming has a son who is only 7. I was quite shocked when he told me.

Because transformers falls into an 'unrealistic' form of violence, they can get away with it. Often the harshness of a rating for a game/movie falls down to whether or not it seems likely in real life. That's why games have trouble with zombies. For example Left for Dead 2. One of the major issues was that the 'zombies' were people infected with a disease. I suspect that had they been classified straight off as the dead risen agin, then there would have been less controversy.

theheretic
10th July 2011, 10:41 AM
*Spoilers*

I don't know how this movie didn't get MA15+ assigned to it. The violence and damage the transformers do to each other should more than warrant it, for example the killing of ironhide or eve more notably que's death where he knows he's about to die and begs for his life. Not to mention the decepticons targeting humans and scoring many kills on them too. Dead human bodies are seen in multiple scenes and bone fragments and even a skulls are seen flying apart as they are shot. And what upsets me most about this is that this recieves M while Mortal Kombat is above MA and thus banned

Hursticon
10th July 2011, 01:25 PM
Will someone please think of the 100% Fictional, Pixel Manufactured, Robots! :rolleyes:

theheretic
10th July 2011, 07:06 PM
Will someone please think of the 100% Fictional, Pixel Manufactured, Robots! :rolleyes:

I love dem pixels

Hursticon
10th July 2011, 07:14 PM
I love dem pixels

But what about movieverse Prime's insatiable energon lust? - That is one of the most entertaining parts of the film to me, the more violent the better. :D
(Whilst Megatron's death was entirely the wrong direction narratively, IMO, it was complete awesomesauce! ;):cool:)