PDA

View Full Version : Music Label Soundwave

Pipesqueak
9th March 2008, 11:27 AM
OK, I know it's a great looking figure and I know it's crap as a music player, but I still can't decide whether to go for it or not because it's so expensive.

Questions:
1. What have others paid and what do you consider a reasonable price? I have seen one at retail for $160.
2. Is this really the only likely chance to get a 'classics' Soundwave given there's going to be an Animated one and Hasbro doesn't want to do the same characters in both series? What do you think is the likelihood we could get a classicsverse Soundwave say, next year?
3. Are the loose fists you can see in the packaging extras or are they the only ones? In other words do the fists have to be removed a la G1 Optimus Prime to complete the transformation?

Thanks

kup
9th March 2008, 11:58 AM
1. I paid $110 for mine including shipping on Ebay not too long ago.

2. It looks like this will be the only modern toy representing G1 Soundwave for now. No plans for another toy representing the G1 character has been announced.

3. You get 3 pairs of fists with different hand positions. Yest, the fists in the packaging are extras.

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2008, 03:51 PM
How much are these things selling for at Australian import stores? Obviously you'd want to be sure that the cost of the toy + postage would be substantially lower than the cost of just buying one from a local importer.

Pipesqueak
9th March 2008, 04:12 PM
As I wrote above, I saw one at $160 retail - that's at a local import shop.

Kup, your ebay deal sounds like a good one. Was that MISB for $110?

TheDirtyDigger
9th March 2008, 04:23 PM
I got mine with Rumble/Frenzy earphones for a grand total of $60.

Hang out and hunt down a bargain I say.

Paulbot
9th March 2008, 04:52 PM
I'm considering buying one too and have seen it for around $100. I wouldn't be paying more than that (plus shipping).

iceburn
9th March 2008, 05:41 PM
i've just bought one Soundblaster (black) version from Ebay at A$84 (shipped via registered mail)

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350030299215&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=022

I won't be paying above A$100 for them anyway

For Frenzy and Rumble headphones, I've gotten them at less than $60 from BBTS but it was with a number of Energon toys

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th March 2008, 09:47 PM
3. Are the loose fists you can see in the packaging extras or are they the only ones? In other words do the fists have to be removed a la G1 Optimus Prime to complete the transformation?

Thanks
The fists in the package are extras for posing. EG the eject button pressing fists have to be swapped as he doesn't have articulated fingers. They don't have to be removed when he is in cassette player mode.

STL
9th March 2008, 10:46 PM
I recommend it wholeheartedly, Pipesqueak. I saw a few going for about $80 a month or so back IIRC. I picked mine up through HLJ at $110 and was disappointed to discover that I could easily have gotten it from eBay for less than that. $100 is RRP in Japan but if you hang out, you'll find the odd deal.