PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Markers: Any good for TFs?

Pipesqueak
9th March 2008, 03:06 PM
To TF kitbashers and Gundam fans: Are Gundam markers suitable for use on TFs? Are they just for lines or can they be used for block colouring? And would they rub off TF plastics?

Thanks

goro
9th March 2008, 03:14 PM
mate.. from what ive heard... even sharpies will do... although if u want to do more than just outlining and slight recolouring... i would always do a repaint or respray... start off with ure acrylics.... go to your local games warehouse for more info.. the guys will gladly help you out on how to paint your tf's the best... (be sure to buy some paint /tools etc from them... as their paint is the best in the industry imho).. and their matt coat sealer is fantastic!!!

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2008, 05:12 PM
That's a really good question and I'm curious to see what the answer to that is.

I used to use permanent markers to touch up G.I. Joe figures as a kid, but I found that they easily scratch off when you play with them. Maybe if you sprayed a sealant on top of it?

i_amtrunks
10th March 2008, 10:32 AM
Sharpies work surprisingly well, for a laugh I "coloured in" a KO plane bot from Big W. It's looks terrible due to me using 4 colours over the entire toy, but for line work and small light coloured patches they look very good, and need a decent scratch to get rid of.