PDA

View Full Version : FEWER EXPLOSIONS FOR TF III!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Tommy K
15th January 2010, 11:23 PM
i laughed when i heard about this lol

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/michael-bay---transformers-3-wont-be-as-robot-heavy-fewer-explosions-169003/

disscussions?

MV75
15th January 2010, 11:25 PM
disscussions?

Nah, that's not it. Bring on the rants.

Sky Shadow
15th January 2010, 11:34 PM
"It gets much more into the robot character. The last time you kind of met a few of the robots; this time you’re gonna get a much cooler landscape."

That sounds... good.

DarkHyren
16th January 2010, 12:38 AM
the third film -- which will hit theaters this summer, won’t be as robot-heavy
wow, less robots. Because that's what I want to see in a movie about robots, less of them...

Honestly though, just increase TF screen time (and put in some actual plot concerning them) and decrease human screen time.
One would think that's the point, considering it's called "Transformers" not "Humans"
</end rant>

Lord_Zed
16th January 2010, 01:18 AM
Rabble rabble rabble....

Uh I mean rant rant rant.....

etc.:D

kup
16th January 2010, 01:30 AM
Didn't they claim something similar for ROTF?

Grievous
16th January 2010, 05:46 AM
Aren't they called "Bay-Plosions"?
:confused:

Just show us more Transformers and let Jolt talk...
And Astrotrain and Blitzwing would also be very welcome.
:cool:

RageOnTheRoads
16th January 2010, 08:24 AM
Didn't they claim something similar for ROTF?

this. I distinctly remember Bay claiming he was going to develop the robots personalities in the second movie.........and we got testicles about 13 robots that had a line/nothing and thats about it.:rolleyes:

I am not holding my breath, but we'll wait and see how it develops. Might be interesting if he actually sticks to his word this time around.

Cmdr Prime
17th January 2010, 09:40 PM
Well Michael Bay likes to put out mis-information about the films he directs cause someone hacked into his site so to put an end

SMHFConvoy
18th January 2010, 04:40 PM
Well Michael Bay likes to put out mis-information about the films he directs cause someone hacked into his site so to put an end
Yeah because I collect explosions... As always I will wait and see.

Vector Sigma 13
19th January 2010, 09:25 PM
Cant believe anything that guy says! Hell be ever known as the guy who killed Transformers. Mr Bay i dislike you!

AussieJason
19th January 2010, 10:24 PM
wow, less robots. Because that's what I want to see in a movie about robots, less of them...

Honestly though, just increase TF screen time (and put in some actual plot concerning them) and decrease human screen time.
One would think that's the point, considering it's called "Transformers" not "Humans"
</end rant>

Supposedly there were 46 new Transformers in ROTF. 46. Could you tell ? I certainly couldn't.

Apart from the painful amount of "human" screen time, there must have been at least good 10 minutes of scenes purely showing jets, tanks and aircraft carriers. And now TF3 may contain less Transformers ?

They may as well call it "Transformers III: Sam's starts his first job after graduating, but some robots show up occasionally and cause some awesome explosions"

DarkHyren
19th January 2010, 10:51 PM
Supposedly there were 46 new Transformers in ROTF. 46. Could you tell ? I certainly couldn't.
That's what happens when none of them have actual dialog.
They might as well have said that any vehicle in the movie was a TF, cause I know I didn't think there were 46 TFs.

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2010, 11:28 PM
Not to mention that a lot of them looked like this (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/5/58/ROTF_Protoform_with_weapon.jpg). ;)

Prime_217
20th January 2010, 01:08 AM
i must admit i like this news. but i do like the explosions. but character development would be loverly! :D

kup
20th January 2010, 02:14 AM
i must admit i like this news. but i do like the explosions. but character development would be loverly! :D

Character development? in a Bay movie? i don't think so.

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th January 2010, 03:50 AM
"It gets much more into the robot character. The last time you kind of met a few of the robots; this time you’re gonna get a much cooler landscape."

Eeeer, what's the definition of "landscape" here? There was quite a bit of landscape on ROTF. Army bases, desert, etc etc. Maybe he is hinting that they go to the arctic/ant-arctic?:D

I just hope there are less scenes with the camera circling a talking character.

5FDP
20th January 2010, 08:18 AM
I just hope there are less scenes with the camera circling a talking character.

...And more slow-mo shots of Megan Fox running around :D

SilverDragon
20th January 2010, 10:05 AM
I think he said something like this about RotF, and we all know what happened there.

GoktimusPrime
20th January 2010, 11:06 AM
I've decided to actually withold forming any opinions about TF3 until _after_ I've seen it. Crazy, I know! :p

kup
20th January 2010, 12:07 PM
I've decided to actually withold forming any opinions about TF3 until _after_ I've seen it. Crazy, I know! :p

That's a good rule to have with a proper director but not a formulaic one like Michael Bay.

It's like withholding opinion on a Uwe Boll movie until after you watch it. What's the point? It's guaranteed to be crap.

5FDP
20th January 2010, 12:08 PM

You non-conformist you :rolleyes:

1orion2many
20th January 2010, 01:07 PM
:confused:I thought these movies were all Explosions and boob shots, Cut down the explosions and there goes half the movie:rolleyes::D.

Tommy K
20th January 2010, 09:40 PM

gok we both know thats not possible, remember the cease fire, lol that did us lots of good up until the part your supercammado, shot my exa kun! lol

GoktimusPrime
20th January 2010, 11:11 PM
That's a good rule to have with a proper director but not a formulaic one like Michael Bay.

It's like withholding opinion on a Uwe Boll movie until after you watch it. What's the point? It's guaranteed to be crap.
It's not an absolute guarantee. That's like saying that just because a horse or sports team has always come last that there's a 100% chance that they'll come last again, or likewise a horse or team that has always come first will absolutely come first in the next event. Punters might say that _odds_ are tipped in or against their favour, but there's never any guarantee.

There's a possibility, but not a guarantee. There's a chance that Michael Bay might have learnt from his previous mistakes and improve on them in the next movie. After all, George Lucas learnt from his mistakes and improved on them (e.g.: Jar Jar Binks; he only received two scenes with spoken dialogue in Ep2, most of which was absolutely relevant to the plot, and in Ep3 he had no spoken dialogue at all!). I'm not saying that I'm holding any hopes for TF3, but at the same time I'm not going to immediately cast doubt on it and bag it out without even having seen it yet. I'm just gonna remain as neutral as Switzerland until I see the film. :)

gok we both know thats not possible, remember the cease fire, lol that did us lots of good up until the part your supercammado, shot my exa kun! lol
Hey, I said I'm witholding judgement on TF3, not on kuzzy! :p :p
Continued here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=146569#post146569) :)

Lord_Zed
20th January 2010, 11:33 PM
It's not an absolute guarantee. That's like saying that just because a horse or sports team has always come last that there's a 100% chance that they'll come last again, or likewise a horse or team that has always come first will absolutely come first in the next event. Punters might say that _odds_ are tipped in or against their favour, but there's never any guarantee.

There's a possibility, but not a guarantee. There's a chance that Michael Bay might have learnt from his previous mistakes and improve on them in the next movie. After all, George Lucas learnt from his mistakes and improved on them (e.g.: Jar Jar Binks; he only received two scenes with spoken dialogue in Ep2, most of which was absolutely relevant to the plot, and in Ep3 he had no spoken dialogue at all!). I'm not saying that I'm holding any hopes for TF3, but at the same time I'm not going to immediately cast doubt on it and bag it out without even having seen it yet. I'm just gonna remain as neutral as Switzerland until I see the film. :)

Awww come on don't you wanna ride on the bandwagon, it's all the rage?

If we start hating the movie now before it's even made then we'll have even more time to be smug about it when it actualy comes out and proves us right. :rolleyes:

AussieJason
22nd January 2010, 01:46 PM
i laughed when i heard about this lol

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/michael-bay---transformers-3-wont-be-as-robot-heavy-fewer-explosions-169003/

disscussions?

After reading this again, when he talks about the "cooler landscape" is he hinting at Cybertron ?

If he is going to delve into the characters more (in his own unique "way"), my guess it may have a lot of flashbacks to events that happened on Cybertron in the past.

This may also very loosely tie in with the upcoming game's location.

Gutsman Heavy
22nd January 2010, 02:01 PM
After reading this again, when he talks about the "cooler landscape" is he hinting at Cybertron ?

Probably a bucks party, with strippers, and testical balloons.

Robzy
28th January 2010, 11:02 AM
In theory, yes! The problem with Michael Bay is that he doesn't display any inner desire to want to improve! He seems very content with his "status" in the movie business.

kup
28th January 2010, 12:21 PM
In theory, yes! The problem with Michael Bay is that he doesn't display any inner desire to want to improve! He seems very content with his "status" in the movie business.

And his idea of improvement is different to that of others. For example, he considers ROTF a vast improvement from the first movie.

Vector Sigma 13
28th January 2010, 02:17 PM
I can see it now:

Intro
Title,
Sam Witwicky,
Same old robots
Lots of army dudes,
BOOM
Gutter humor,
BOOM,
Megan fox ass shot,
BOOM
Confusing plot and more gutter humor,
BOOM
Silly ending,
Maybe another BOOM

Then- the end

1AZRAEL1
28th January 2010, 02:30 PM
I can see it now:

Intro
Title,
Sam Witwicky,
Same old robots
Lots of army dudes,
BOOM
Gutter humor,
BOOM,
Megan fox ass shot,
BOOM
Confusing plot and more gutter humor,
BOOM
Silly ending,
Maybe another BOOM

Then- the end

Sounds like he will improve on the second one then ay? :rolleyes:

Hereticpoo
28th January 2010, 03:25 PM
I can see it now:
Megan fox ass shot,
BOOM

You may need to define the connotation of BOOM! :D :D :D

langzixinxin
17th February 2010, 02:22 AM
I actually think Bay's contribution to TF is negative.

I expect those transformer CGI models will be reused in future to make some low budget but with a well writen story TV episodes.

If that's true, we got new toys and new stories. No Bay anymore. only TFs.

CryptiK
17th February 2010, 02:57 AM
I actually think Bay's contribution to TF is negative.

I expect those transformer CGI models will be reused in future to make some low budget but with a well writen story TV episodes.

If that's true, we got new toys and new stories. No Bay anymore. only TFs.Have you not seen NEST stories on Hasrbo >.<