Approximate Retail Price - $15
Approximate Size - 10cm
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode - Stealth Boat
Main Features/Gimmicks -
Main Colours - Black, Blue.
Main Accessories - none
My Difficulty rating (out of 5) - 1.5
Stability - Great in boat mode (except the bits at the back that don't lock into place in any way), but a bit shaky on its feet in robot mode.
Poseability/articulation - Legs are a bit weird, but still manages a decent level of poseability.
Playability - I love the look of the boat mode, but with so few aquatic TFs toys, the alt mode has limited play value.
My Thoughts - Again, I think the boat mode looks really good, better than the original blue version, Depth Charge. But the boat bits on the robot legs bug me. As do the reversed knees above the knee joints. And I think the rear of the Boat Mode is flawed, with the winged sections being rather loose, when they should lock into place in some way.
My Overall Recommendation Rating (out of 10) - 8 (must buy - if it weren't for the legs and rear of boar, this would be a 10)

http://www.otca.com.au/tr10010b.jpg
(photos are official hasbro pics, posted at seibertron website - I took my own, but they didn't turn out too well)

Grievous
16th January 2010, 04:32 AM
Its a shame I already own Depthcharge or else I'd pick this guy up.
This is a beautiful redeco...and the figure itself has a lot of character.

Pick him up...
;)

GoktimusPrime
16th January 2010, 11:47 AM
Meh, I'm satisifed enough with Depthcharge that I don't feel the need to get a repaint. The boat mode looks nice... not too keen on the silver deco on the head. A bit disappointed that those missiles don't appear to be separately painted (highlighted) like on Depthcharge.

if it weren't for the legs and rear of boar, this would be a 10)
Pig's bum! :D

soz, couldn't help myself d:

kup
16th January 2010, 11:57 AM
He would make a good Cybertron mode Beast Wars Depthcharge if it wasn't for his size.

i_amtrunks
16th January 2010, 12:27 PM
It's a really nice repaint, thats better than the original toy in terms of colours.

5FDP
16th January 2010, 01:39 PM
This does look better than Depthcharge. Was actually considering picking him up today when I saw him at a shop in Castle Hill... but then I saw the price tag - $22 :eek: Deluxes were $39!!!

Grievous
16th January 2010, 06:06 PM
but then I saw the price tag - $22 :eek: Deluxes were $39!!!
Sweet Monkey Jesus!
:eek: