Sub-line -
Size - Legends
New/remould/redeco - New
Wave - 4
Released here - Sep 2009
Approximate Retail Price - $8
Approximate Size - 7cm
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode - Sports Car (I think it was supposed to resemble an Audi, but maybe licensing prevented Hasbro from resembling or calling it one)
Main Features/Gimmicks -
Main Colours - Grey/Black
Main Accessories - none
My Difficulty rating (out of 5) - 1
Stability - Car mode holds well, but the robot mode is a bit top-heavy with small feet.
Poseability/articulation - Basic articulation at the shoulders and hips. Has knee joints, but only because of the transformation. The waist joints for the legs are really stiff.
Playability - The Car mode would be the more playable mode, as the robot mode has some odd proportions.
My Thoughts - Over-long arms and tiny chicken legs, spoils the look of this toy. But since it wasn't in the movie for more than a minute, and only in robot mode for about 5 seconds, it doesn't barely counts as a toy that needs to resemble an official on-screen character.
My Overall Recommendation Rating (out of 10) - 5 (only if cheap, and only for the car mode and the fact that it was actually in the Movie)

http://www.otca.com.au/tr10012b.jpg

5FDP
16th January 2010, 09:30 PM
This is your first review that I would actually have to disagree with you on. I love this toy. I can understand how one would not like the "over-long arms and tiny chicken legs" but I think that is what makes him so menacing which is how a Decepticon should look.

It's a very simple but clever transformation and he looks fantastic standing next to legends Sideswipe. My third favourite legends class toy behind Wheelie and Optimus.

I would have given him at least an 8.

griffin
16th January 2010, 10:13 PM
Well it's no fun if everyone felt the same way about everything. I'd be at least hoping that if I said something unfair or missed something, others would post about it for my benefit and everyone else who wants a balanced view on these toys.
Besides, I'm posting up these reviews to inspire others to post their views on each of these figures as well. No point in having a toy forum if members don't talk much about the actual toys.

dirge
17th January 2010, 09:45 AM
Well it's no fun if everyone felt the same way about everything.

You're all wrong. Every single thing you said. Including the toy's name etc :D

Nah, I like this toy. It's better than the deluxe (which is too common in ROTF, sadly). The weird proportions are minor here compared to lizard legs on the deluxe.