PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Seller Warning

Skullcruncher
17th January 2010, 08:52 AM
Just a warning if anyone buys a MIB from this seller http://shop.ebay.com.au/method2it/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340 looks like to be various reissues have been resealed and placed in vintage boxes.:mad::mad::mad:

1AZRAEL1
17th January 2010, 09:16 AM
How can you tell?

MV75
17th January 2010, 09:20 AM
He states it in the auction it's a reseal, it's not like you shouldn't know. ;)

Skullcruncher
17th January 2010, 12:44 PM
Yep - also look at the sticker sheets and the stickers on the bots themselves. I do recall months ago this seller advertising some more obvious KO's. Unfortunatly can't see anything in his feedback history but he has definitly put some work into making these look like genuine 80's.

Some of the boxes do look nice though!

langzixinxin
22nd January 2010, 06:46 AM
I saw a G1 tracks. As far as I know, tracks has not been KOed by that KO boss yet.

All G1 KO toys are still inferior to original in terms of quality. Few people holding it in hand will be fooled. Another way to identify is to find an expert examine the screws. Screws are impossible to be made exactly same as original.

bboy-toransufoma
23rd January 2010, 05:08 PM
What he's likely done is bought them without the inserts, bought repro inserts for all of them from bubbleformer and resealed them. Likely he wanted them for his collection, but as we know priorities change and he's now selling...i don't think they're reissues/KOs at all. Your fears are misplaced Skull...Unless you've bought something from this guy and have had a bad experience then what you're saying is very much unjustifiable. If you suspect something's off/wrong, ask the guy, that's really not so hard

Skullcruncher
24th January 2010, 09:30 AM
What he's likely done is bought them without the inserts, bought repro inserts for all of them from bubbleformer and resealed them. Likely he wanted them for his collection, but as we know priorities change and he's now selling...i don't think they're reissues/KOs at all. Your fears are misplaced Skull...Unless you've bought something from this guy and have had a bad experience then what you're saying is very much unjustifiable. If you suspect something's off/wrong, ask the guy, that's really not so hard

I did ask him which resulted him saying no pickup when a couple of them said pick up was ok - he also changed from returns accepted to no returns - now thats fine but he did that after I messaged him and asked him if it wasnt genuine would he accept a refund - to his credit he did change the mirage but only becuase it was the most obvious. All of the others had been reissued TFC's or Commerative - if youre really keen you can search out screenshots and compare the stickers that are on MISB ones. The Hound is the easiest one to tell. If its smells like a dodgy auction it most likely is.

bboy-toransufoma
25th January 2010, 05:29 AM
mmmm I remember dealing with this guy a little while ago (I think I sold him one of his MIBs, can't quite recall). At that time, he bought many of these from the UK. With that in mind, I really don't think these are reissues/KOs. His Prime is def not a KO...and many people are fooled into buying Mirage KOs as they're some of the less obvious ones to pick. I think it's a sticker removal job and reseal job to give the fresh kind of new flavour to them...trust me on this, I'm a seller myself (soon to be ex-dealer as I'm not going to continue), and it's my job to know things like this. And never once have I sold a KO, apart from a Landcross bout 5 months ago, but that was obvious. But if you have a bad feeling...then best to go with your gut I guess...or wait it out for examples that reveal more detailed info.

I see what you mean with hound though...if i'm correct, that stickersheet is from a TFC Book Edition Reissue...naughty naughty...and that Tracks isn't even complete...and that French Canadian Tracks ALSO has TFC stickers...Fair enough, they're the closest to true-to-form replacements you'll find.

Skullcruncher
25th January 2010, 07:56 AM
Or you can ask him and see his crazed replys.

bboy-toransufoma
25th January 2010, 08:32 AM
ok....can you give me a quote from your correspondence...he knows who i am, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense for me to contact him, but please do show me some responses from him

Skullcruncher
25th January 2010, 10:44 AM
I could but I deleted them as I went.

Just expressing my opinion - you can add him to your trusted people to deal with list if you want!

bboy-toransufoma
25th January 2010, 03:37 PM
hahahaha trust me, I won't be doing that! ah well, you get the good with the bad i guess

bboy-toransufoma
26th January 2010, 08:11 PM
Even still, with those obvious flaws...his MIBs are soaring...just check his feedback after all that's over i guess...