PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Kamen Rider Stuff

Firestorm
20th January 2010, 09:50 PM
Does anyone know anywhere in melbourne where i can buy Kamen Rider stuff (action figures, henshin belts, etc)
or any online stores that sell cheap henshin items?

De-Ceddy-Con
23rd January 2010, 04:37 PM
You could try Hobby Japan in Box Hill. I know they sell alot of Anime merchandise, but I'm not too sure if they stock alot of Kamen Rider items. There used to be another place called Anime Zone in Box Hill, but they seemed to have closed.

If your willing to buy items on the internet, you could try www.hlj.com or www.hwjapan.com
hwjapan has less items available (mostly SIC figures), but they are slightly cheaper than hlj. hlj stocks alot more items, and they have most of the currently available henshin belts.

If your looking for older items, like series that are prior to Kiva, then you might have to try ebay (but the amount that the sellers ask is sometimes a little pricey).

Are you looking for anything in particular? I wouldn't mind helping you look. Good luck with your search.

Unregistered
25th January 2010, 12:30 PM
I dunno if it is what you are after but I have some Hot Wheels Karmen Rider stuff that I brought back with me from Japan. If you would like to find out more shoot me an e-mail at bennyfraggle@yahoo.com

De-Ceddy-Con
25th January 2010, 01:34 PM
Just found another site you might wana check out:
www.amiami.com

If you look at the menu on the left, and click 'tokusatsu', you'll be directed to their kamen rider/ultra man section. You can narrow down the list of items to just kamen rider by clicking on the 'Masked Rider' category near the top.

De-Ceddy-Con
25th January 2010, 07:46 PM
Sorry, that site I gave you was the Japanese version. The english one is:

http://www.amiami.com/shop?set=english

Firestorm
26th January 2010, 12:03 AM
I'm mainly looking for SIC Kamen Rider Figures from Kamen Rider Blade and Kamen Rider Den-O, as well as Henshin belts from Kamen Rider Blade and anywhere to buy a cheap(ish) Complete Selection Kamen Rider Den-O Henshin Belt
So far the links i've been given have been pretty useful for finding figures, but do you know anywhere to get belts?

De-Ceddy-Con
26th January 2010, 07:52 PM
I'm afraid you'll most likely have to look on ebay for the belts. Den-O and Blade are pretty old series, so the henshin belts would be out of production by now which means most online stores would have run out of stock. I've seen a few Complete Collection Den-O belts, but the sellers are asking for over $1000 AU.

Another way is just to google those items, and keep clicking links till you find an online store that stocks them. So just google 'Complete Selection Den-O Belt' and hope you land a hit. Same with the Blade belts.

Hope you can find them. Good luck!

Firestorm
26th January 2010, 08:02 PM
I've actually found a blade belt on ebay for an ok price ($30) but the postage is pretty expensive (about $60) but the same person is selling garren and leangle belts too and my friends want those but dont have the money right now,
so if i'm lucky they wont get sold between now and when my friends can afford to buy their belts so we can split the cost evenly of the 3 items and combined postage

As for the complete selection den-o belt i have only found 1 on ebay for roughly 1300 AUD plus postage, whilst checking google only gives me reviews of the belt

oh well i guess i'll keep looking

getting back to the figures there are some figures i've heard about which sound interesting, A den-o figure of plat form with armour to turn it into sword rod axe and gun forms, A Garren in King Form and a Leangle in Jack form, have you heard of any of those before? if so what figure series are they from Figuarts,SIC,etc and do you know where i could find those?

De-Ceddy-Con
28th January 2010, 11:51 AM
I think the Den-O figure your talking about is from the SHS line (Souchaku Henshin Series). The model code is GE31.

I forgot to mention another site: www.toysnjoys.com which has quite a few hard to find items in stock. They're based in Hawaii, and the shipping cost isn't too bad. Some of their items are overpriced, while others are releatively cheap. You'll have to gauge for yourself the market value of the figures if it's worth it or not.

Here's the link to their Den-O figure section: http://www.toysnjoys.com/kamenriderdeno.html
They sell the belts too, just click on the Den-O weapons link at the top.

Here's a review of the figure (This isn't me, I just found it on YouTube):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9LIHJpnbOQ

I'd try googling 'Den-O GE31' to try and find a store that sells it cheaper, cause Toys n Joys are selling it for $129.95 US which is a bit pricey. Try even ebay. The figure line is pretty old, so it could be hard to find.

As for the Blade figures, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Do they have switchable armour as well? I do know that the same SHS line has Blade figures that have removable armour where you can actually see the rider's human head. The SIC line has removable armour too where you can change the rider's armour into his different forms (jack, king, ace etc.) If you have more info into any special features those Blade figures have, I could try researching exactly what figures and line they come from.

Firestorm
28th January 2010, 08:57 PM
Yes, that's the den-o i'm talking about, i really like that it can be any of his forms, so Souchaku Henshin Series, model code GE31, ok i'll look into that

sorry i wasnt too clear about the blade figures they are normal figures of kamen rider leangle and kamen rider garren from the kamen rider blade series in forms that didnt exist in the show (leangle in jack form, garren in king form), i've seen pictures of these figures but wasnt sure if they were real or fan-made or which figure series they belong to, here is a link to a picture of Garren's king form, if that helps http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/288/3/f/Garren_King_Form_by_AjDrawer.jpg

De-Ceddy-Con
28th January 2010, 11:41 PM
Ahhh, ok. With those figures, it's definitely from the SIC line. The photo you linked looks like a SIC figure too. The SIC line likes to take liberties in the 'show accurate' department all the time. I'm pretty sure both figures come with extra armour to change leangle and garren into the jack and king forms respectively. I remember there being a 2 pack (as in 2 character figures with extra armour each) in the blade series as well, but I can't remember for sure which characters they were.

Here's the official Tamashii site that shows all the figures in the SIC line:
http://tamashii.jp/

The site is pretty good, kinda like a picture reference library. It's all in Japanese, but you should be able to navigate through it, they have most of the lines in their english names (you'll be able to see SIC on the left menu) and all the logos of each line so you can differentiate which line your looking at. If you can't read Japanese, you can always google translate the page. The words might look confusing, but if you sound it out phonetically you should be able to get what it says.

Looks like you found everything you were looking for. Now the hard part is parting $1000 for that Den-O belt haha!