PDA

View Full Version : UCS Millenium Falcon 10179 - ever seen in shops in AU?

daehenoc
28th January 2010, 11:21 AM
Hi all,

Has anyone ever seen the UCS Millenium Falcon in shops here in Australia? With the strong dollar, I've been looking at acquiring one from the US, so they come in at $530 AUD right now, but it's the shipping which is the killer - sellers want about $330 USD (!) for the Falcon in the original packaging, or will unpack the contents and repack them in a smaller box for $169 USD, but I want the original box!

So has anyone seen one of these kits for sale anywhere in Australia? Hopefully up here in Brisbane? :)

Verno
28th January 2010, 01:20 PM
Kmart got a hold of some more than a year ago. It was some kind of special promotion but the price was still nudging $1k from memory.

I bought one :p

daehenoc
28th January 2010, 02:29 PM
Well I'm calling around to see if there are any left, if anyone sees one in a KMart anywhere around Australia, please let me know!

Paulbot
28th January 2010, 02:41 PM
My memory is that they sold out during the sale when they were put out, with most stores having very few (if they even had more than one in stock). You might luck out but I think the possibility is slim.

"Never tell me the odds!"

Unregistered
28th January 2010, 04:26 PM
Kmart had them at $760.

jaydisc
29th January 2010, 12:06 AM
I think Kmart's full price was $979, but during their big sale in July '08, they had them for $775. I saw a couple here and there after the sale, but not for beyond a month or so.

A$530 boxed is a fine deal IMO.

I don't understand the discrepancy in price for box/un-boxed as US shipping is weight based, not dimension based.

Here's mine :D

http://itfdb.com/temporary/tf/IMG_0249.jpg

griffin
29th January 2010, 03:22 AM
I had the same thing happen when I won an Energon multi-pack (yellow/red Optimus and Overload) - the person got a quote from the (post office?) in its mint-boxed state, and when they took the toys out of the box and folded it up, they got a much cheaper quote from the (post office?) because it was now in a smaller mailing box.
Maybe it was UPS, and not the post office, because I noticed that UPS ask for dimensions when calculating shipping, while USPS don't.

Besides, if the lego box is as big as I think it is, the USPS probably wouldn't accept it, because it's dimensions would be larger than their current limits (a lot smaller than they used to be - as I had trouble posting home boxes from BotCon that were the same size as the previous year). As such, UPS would probably be the only option to ship it.

Mecheon
30th January 2010, 05:28 PM
I remember seeing it, not advertised or anything, but a slip of paper on the shelf saying "If you want to buy this take this to the counter"

It also said, at the time, they only had 1 left

I reckon you're gonna be paying out the nose for this one, mate, but at least it'll be worth it

TheFallen
2nd February 2010, 11:38 AM
I would love one. I have found a seller who has them for $292usd with $100usd postage but we have to do a group order of 5 to get it at this price. Is anyone interested?

Golden Phoenix
2nd February 2010, 01:48 PM
I would love one. I have found a seller who has them for $292usd with $100usd postage but we have to do a group order of 5 to get it at this price. Is anyone interested?

You gotta be joking
I'd be in for 2 if that was the price

Chansformer
2nd February 2010, 04:43 PM
put me down for one of those babies.

Lint
2nd February 2010, 07:20 PM

I'll make up the 5th if this is for real.

TheFallen
2nd February 2010, 11:19 PM
You gotta be joking
I'd be in for 2 if that was the price

As I said in the PM it looks like this is a bit sus. The seller is from Nigeria and only wants Western Union Money Transfer as payment

If anyone does want to risk it you can check it out here (http://www.simpletrade.com.au/baby-gear-and-toys/toys/FOR-SALE/VIC/lego-ultimate-collectors-millennium-falcon--star-wars-set-10179/800170948)

Sorry for getting everyones hopes up, I am just as disappointed as you

jaydisc
2nd February 2010, 11:19 PM
Ah, the ol' Nigerian UCS Falcon scam.

Golden Phoenix
2nd February 2010, 11:25 PM
Ah, the ol' Nigerian UCS Falcon scam.

Nah its totally legit. I'll handle the money and everything. I just need $300 extra as a transaction fee.... :)

Lint
2nd February 2010, 11:29 PM
wonder if we should scambait im :p

dr_moebius
20th May 2010, 10:36 AM
hi all

i been looking for this set for a while now.

been googling and came across a wholesaler/distrubutor in singapore.

he replied back with these details

The price of New Star Wars Lego 10179 1st Edition COA- Millennium Falcon US$ 200
min order 10 units
The price already including for the shipping cost,so you don't pay for anything else
Delivery time 5-6 days by air flights
Payment terms Telegraphic Transfer(T/T) -- is this like western union ???

sounds to good to be true, what do u ppl think ?

jaydisc
20th May 2010, 11:30 AM
hi all

i been looking for this set for a while now.

been googling and came across a wholesaler/distrubutor in singapore.

he replied back with these details

The price of New Star Wars Lego 10179 1st Edition COA- Millennium Falcon US$ 200
min order 10 units
The price already including for the shipping cost,so you don't pay for anything else
Delivery time 5-6 days by air flights
Payment terms Telegraphic Transfer(T/T) -- is this like western union ???

sounds to good to be true, what do u ppl think ?

Sure does. No PayPal or credit card protection, no thanks.

dr_moebius
24th June 2010, 09:13 PM
i finally have this sensational lego set.:D

found it on ebay new unopened from vic. it may of cost me abit of $$ but it dont compare to the joy of putting it together.

put together a lil bit each nite after work and i will get there :D

up to page 53 of 309

daehenoc
25th June 2010, 08:09 AM
Gratz! Let me know when you want to sell it and I will drive down to Victoria to collect it! :p Sigh, still on the lookout...

TheFallen
25th June 2010, 09:11 AM
There was one going for about $650 at out local toyfair the other week

daehenoc
25th June 2010, 10:22 AM
There was one going for about $650 at out local toyfair the other weekWhich state? Is that a fair, or a store? :)

TheFallen
26th June 2010, 07:33 PM
SA. We have an annual Toy Fair and there are a whole swaggle of vendors selling items. One particular vendor was selling Star Wars Lego