PDA

View Full Version : UK Toy Fair 2010 - Voyager Seaspray

KaRNiV8L PRiME
29th January 2010, 08:49 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/uk-toy-fair-2010--universe-ultra-seaspray-169074/

Summary

* Seaspray is a ultra sized boat with room for Scouts on his deck
* WFC Optimus looked to be voyager size
* Some new G1 style legends
* WFC Bumblebee - awesome vehicle mode, and even more awesome, metallic gold paint/plastic
* Leader Starscream
* Revenge of the Fallen toy line name will be dropped from packaging, the line will be re-branded just as "Transformers"
* Power Core Combiners is a "Transformers" sub-line
* Power Core Combiners 2-packs and 5-packs can be combined together
* One of the Power Core 5-pack combiners is a new Bruticus!
* New Transformers RPMs molds including Drift
* RPM Bumblebee track set
* RPM Stealth Force - deluxe/voyager size vehicles with fold out weaponry. Doesn't sound like they transform.
* Transformers Animated may get 'phased' back into the UK in late 2010.

kup
29th January 2010, 09:33 AM
Given the overall quality of the other Ultra figures, I am highly skeptical on this Seaspray specially when the figure size does not suit the character just as it didn't suit Powerglide.

I hope we don't get more Archeresque decisions to make this figure 'realistic' with dull uncharacteristic colors but with bright pink and organge highlights. It's already bad enough that he is so big, this figure should not be taller than a deluxe.

optimus1
29th January 2010, 09:39 AM
G1 style Legends :D
Bruticus :D
Seaspray :D Finally I can stop subbing in TF1 Stormsurge as Seaspray in my classics collection!

Paulbot
29th January 2010, 10:25 AM
I hope we don't get more Archeresque decisions to make this figure 'realistic' with dull uncharacteristic colors but with bright pink and organge highlights. .

From the link above:

Looks just like a huge version of the original Same blue and white and yellow for the turbines. Very nice

I can't wait to play with the new Seaspray in the bath like I did with the original one. :D

kup
29th January 2010, 10:33 AM
I still don't like the size and fear for over simplistic or unsuitable designs.

Sorry to be skeptical and cynical but given some very questionable Hasbro decisions over the years, particularly on the fairly recent Powerglide and Silverbolt, I have lost confidence.

Bartrim
29th January 2010, 11:05 AM
* One of the Power Core 5-pack combiners is a new Bruticus!

Aww after I've gone to all the hassle of finally tracking down a universe version:(

this new power-core version better not be better:mad:

kup
29th January 2010, 11:14 AM
Aww after I've gone to all the hassle of finally tracking down a universe version:(

this new power-core version better not be better:mad:

Sounds as if it could be something else entirely with the only similarity to G1 Bruticus being the name only.

1orion2many
29th January 2010, 11:21 AM
I still don't like the size and fear for over simplistic or unsuitable designs.

Sorry to be skeptical and cynical but given some very questionable Hasbro decisions over the years, particularly on the fairly recent Powerglide and Silverbolt, I have lost confidence.

:)I quite liked both those designs, does that mean I'll like Seaspray as well:D

i_amtrunks
29th January 2010, 01:15 PM
Powercore sounds intriguing, and cant wait to see the seaspray design pics!

Not impressed with ROTF style bots being the main focus though. :(

Vector Prime
29th January 2010, 01:44 PM
Powercore sounds intriguing, and cant wait to see the seaspray design pics!

Not impressed with ROTF style bots being the main focus though. :(

+1

Let's hope Seaspray is not lame like Silverbolt (Bruticus & Powerglide were ok in my books)

I'm not a fan of the ROTF style bots either.... they look too 'organic' and not 'blocky' enough.

New G1 Legends sound great too, as long as they're new molds and not just redecoes of existing ones.

And the Powercore Combiners sound interesting!

Gutsman Heavy
29th January 2010, 02:15 PM
dammit, I wanted legends Seaspray! Hopefully we get a legends Powerglide so I can bin the henkei one.

SilverDragon
30th January 2010, 11:35 AM
Behold, a promo ad (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/uk-toy-fair-2010-transformers-update-with-promotional-ad-169081/) showing, among other things (holy crap Bruticus), Universe Seaspray!

Apparently the RotF line will be continuing sort of not continuing with the new line, which is simply branded "Transformers".

Sky Shadow
30th January 2010, 11:47 AM
It looks like - as originally reported - Seaspray is still a Voyager, not an Ultra.

Gutsman Heavy
30th January 2010, 01:05 PM
Looks like Seaspray has been hitting the 'roids!

Deonasis
30th January 2010, 01:17 PM
Seaspray has been buying gear from Universe Powerglide.

Bartrim
30th January 2010, 02:37 PM
Lovin Seaspray. Not too sure about Bruticus and I can't really tell (my laptop has a small screen) but does that deluxe Ironhide not have a left hand?:confused:

optimus1
30th January 2010, 03:14 PM
So is Universe merging with the Movieverse :confused:

Seaspray looks a bit too dark, but hopefully will be a nice figure with better quality plastics than many movie figures.

Bruticus and the Power-core combiners look promising :)

Paulbot
30th January 2010, 03:22 PM
I'd take it that Movieverse is just continuing as the main line, with things like the Combiners as subgroups within the overal Transformer line. Seaspray looks like he's in the same traditional as the new Bludgeon toy - a movie toy that homages a classic character but isn't a "Classics" toy.

kup
30th January 2010, 03:37 PM
I think Seaspray is intended for the movie line rather than a straight G1 representation. Kind of like Dirge and the other 'mergiverse' toys in recent waves have been.

Too bad for those of us who wanted a proper classics Seaspray.

GoktimusPrime
30th January 2010, 06:57 PM
If this toy is being released in Universe packaging then it counts as a Universe toy, not movie-verse; so if I get this toy it's gonna go in my Classics/Universe Autobots shelf, not my movie Autobots shelf. Likewise ROTF Bludgeon is destined for my movie Decepticons shelf and not my Classics/Universe Decepticons shelf.

P.S.: having said that, my Air Attack Optimus Primal and Megabolt Megatron live on my Beast Machines shelf despite the fact that they were officially released in Robots In Disguise packaging. Feh! :p

reillyd
30th January 2010, 07:51 PM
Given the overall quality of the other Ultra figures, I am highly skeptical on this Seaspray

Then I suspect you haven't laid your hands on the new Bludgeon, because he's super awesome to play and display! Hidden dagger, long katana, he'd sit great with any toyline.

SofaMan
30th January 2010, 08:18 PM
If this toy is being released in Universe packaging then it counts as a Universe toy, not movie-verse; so if I get this toy it's gonna go in my Classics/Universe Autobots shelf, not my movie Autobots shelf. Likewise ROTF Bludgeon is destined for my movie Decepticons shelf and not my Classics/Universe Decepticons shelf.

I'm glad. I shudder to think what might happen if it ended up on the Wrong Shelf™. Until then, The Universe is safe once more. ;)

Sky Shadow
30th January 2010, 08:35 PM
Then I suspect you haven't laid your hands on the new Bludgeon, because he's super awesome to play and display! Hidden dagger, long katana, he'd sit great with any toyline.

I believe Kup has laid his hands on Bludgeon.

http://www.otca.com.au/sydmeet0911e.jpg

(Bludgeon is a Voyager, reillyd.

Then again, so is this Seaspray.)

kup
30th January 2010, 08:39 PM

Not if in the package its mentioned as 'Movie/NEST Line' like other universe releases have used 'Armada line', 'Classics line' and so on. Remember that Universe does not automatically mean a single line but is actually a catch all line therefor you can place it in either shelf and still stick to Hasbro's line assignation. The Animated Legends come in Universe packaging but it's difficult to argue that they shouldn't belong in Animated and would look totally out of place on the Universe shelf which is mostly composed of Classics, Armada and misc 'G1ish' repaints.

Bludgeon is a very good representation of the G1 character and apparently he was inititially designed as such - That Movie Seaspray however looks to be as good represtetation of the charatcer as Universe Powerglide only moviefied which doesn't exactly add to the tribute but I hope to be wrong, just growing ever skeptical and cynical about Hasbro's decisions given the very dissapointing last couple of years.

Of course, whatever we decide to assign the figure within in our collection is entirely up to us. To me Bludgeon is going straight onto classics - Too good a character for the ROTF line :)

I am directly referring to Universe Powerglide and Silverbolt. One was a rather poor representation of the character (huge, awckward an grey with orange boobs) and the other had the engineering of a Micromaster but with dull colors (but at least he represented the character of Silverbolt well enough).

Gutsman Heavy
30th January 2010, 09:27 PM
Hasbro seems to have fallen in love with the legends combiner, I can only hope more are to come.

kup
30th January 2010, 10:25 PM
Hasbro seems to have fallen in love with the legends combiner, I can only hope more are to come.

Yeah I wouldn't mind some more well done legends combiners.

Are we sure that Powercore combiners are to be the next big line associated with a cartoon? It seems like it may be a filler than a main line.

Gutsman Heavy
31st January 2010, 12:40 AM
the fact that its not getting top billing it probably is a filler line, but so was classics and look how well that turned out!

Autocon
31st January 2010, 02:02 AM
confused as always, is there a difinate STOP to the moive line?:o

kup
31st January 2010, 02:10 AM
confused as always, is there a difinate STOP to the moive line?:o

It seems like its not being stopped entirely but being made into a Universe subline.

liegeprime
31st January 2010, 02:23 AM
Of course, whatever we decide to assign the figure within in our collection is entirely up to us. To me Bludgeon is going straight onto classics - Too good a character for the ROTF line :)

True. That's where mine sits right now:D Just like Fracture (Crasher). They both end up in the Classics/Universe/Henkei shelves in my collection.... but then my arrangement has been more personalized than the standard anyways as i do have shelves for "Unicronians" and minicons only :p

GoktimusPrime
31st January 2010, 09:01 AM
I'm glad. I shudder to think what might happen if it ended up on the Wrong Shelf™. Until then, The Universe is safe once more. ;)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_smartarse.jpg :p :)

Not if in the package its mentioned as 'Movie/NEST Line' like other universe releases have used 'Armada line', 'Classics line' and so on. Remember that Universe does not automatically mean a single line but is actually a catch all line therefor you can place it in either shelf and still stick to Hasbro's line assignation. The Animated Legends come in Universe packaging but it's difficult to argue that they shouldn't belong in Animated and would look totally out of place on the Universe shelf which is mostly composed of Classics, Armada and misc 'G1ish' repaints.
Hrmm... yeah... I guess. I have Universe Legends Animated Bumblebee who lives on my Animated Autobots shelf despite the fact that he's a Universe toy. But my Universe Dirge lives on my Classics Decepticons shelf despite the fact that he's G1 Series. I bought that toy solely because I was unable to acquire either BotCon or Gentei Dirge, and there's no way I'd put that toy on my 1985 G1 Decepticons shelf.

Damn these cosmic cracks in the Gokiverse! :p

Bludgeon is a very good representation of the G1 character and apparently he was inititially designed as such - That Movie Seaspray however looks to be as good represtetation of the charatcer as Universe Powerglide only moviefied which doesn't exactly add to the tribute but I hope to be wrong, just growing ever skeptical and cynical about Hasbro's decisions given the very dissapointing last couple of years.

Of course, whatever we decide to assign the figure within in our collection is entirely up to us. To me Bludgeon is going straight onto classics - Too good a character for the ROTF line
No! You must conform to Hasbro's standards!! Kneel and obey!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/zod.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-AmyJIO0Ls&feature=related) :p :D :p

I dunno... I'm undecided about Bludgeon. My current instinct is to chuck him on my movie 'cons shelf, but I might change my mind after I actually get the toy. Meh.

Vector Prime
31st January 2010, 09:19 PM
Seaspray in packaging shots: (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/2010-voyager-sea-spray-in-package-169086/)

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/2/0/1/1/Seaspray-Transformers-2010_1264927556.jpg

kup
31st January 2010, 10:04 PM
I really dislike the head - It's a deal breaker for me. Otherwise it looks to be a pretty solid toy but not Geewunn enough for me to like, specially with this paint job.

Edit: But the 'Bay' on his chest may be a bit worse :p

Lord_Zed
31st January 2010, 11:20 PM
based on this picI dislike it, but for different reasons, to me it looks to bulky and simplistic. It's Mergiverse but without the best features of either G1 or the Movie Line.

Still a clearer pic would help.

Gutsman Heavy
1st February 2010, 12:36 AM
soo, alt too big or too small for the box?

Bartrim
1st February 2010, 07:47 AM
I like it. Although I think he needs a brighter yellow colour.

GoktimusPrime
1st February 2010, 10:42 AM
The mould looks decent and I like the look of the vehicle mode. But I'm also not impressed with the head, and I agree that there should be more yellow and not gold (especially on the head!!) Hopefully this is just a prototype and the actual product will have better colours. I don't like the way the head is sculpted though -- just doesn't look like Seaspray to me. :/ (-_-)

Sky Shadow
1st February 2010, 11:47 AM
The mould looks decent and I like the look of the vehicle mode. But I'm also not impressed with the head, and I agree that there should be more yellow and not gold (especially on the head!!) Hopefully this is just a prototype and the actual product will have better colours. I don't like the way the head is sculpted though -- just doesn't look like Seaspray to me. :/ (-_-)

Why are people suddenly up in arms about this one toy? It's a movie toy - movie toys almost never look anything like their G1 counterpart, particularly the heads. And Sea Spray looks a hell of a lot more like the G1 version than Movie Ironhide, Ratchet, Camshaft, Jetfire, Springer, Skids, Gears, Sideswipe, Jolt, Wheelie, Overload, Megatron, The Seekers, Darkwing, Barricade, Frenzy, Rampage, Mixmaster, Swindle, Devastator and so on for about a hundred other toys.

Pretty much the only movie toys that look any more like their G1 incarnation than Sea Spray are Decepticon Bludgeon, Big Daddy, Hoist and - at a massive stretch - Optimus Prime. Leave poor Sea Spray alone!

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5409/20060826.jpg

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3697/20070806.jpg

kup
1st February 2010, 12:21 PM
I think its general dissapointment that this Seaspray does happen to be a movie toy and despite its obvious G1 similarities it looks more ROTF than G1 unlike Bludgeon.

ROTF Dirge is very much mergyverse with similarities to G1 but with movie aesthetics, however he is far more movie than G1 despite all the effort put in to make him look like the G1 character, fake kibble and all. However people don't mind because we already have a Classics Dirge (botcon and Henkei) and the figure is pretty decent in its own right.

However many of us got excited that this Seaspray was going to be a Universe or Classics release but it is now evident that its a movie toy and despite its obvious mergyverse G1 characteristics like Dirge, it doesn't look like it would fit in a Classics Shelf unlike Bludgeon or Big Daddy.

GoktimusPrime
1st February 2010, 12:32 PM
I thought this Seaspray is meant to be a Universe toy.

From TFW link:

toys on display were WFC Optimus Prime (which looks to be Voyager sized) and Bumblebee, new G1 themed Legends and an Ultra Sized Universe Seaspray!

So is it Universe or ROTF???

<confused> :confused: My previous comments were based on the assumption that it's a Universe toy

kup
1st February 2010, 12:40 PM
I thought this Seaspray is meant to be a Universe toy.

From TFW link:

<confused> :confused: My previous comments were based on the assumption that it's a Universe toy

The toy being Universe doesn't make it any less movie nor automatically places it in Classics. Universe is a 'catch all' line.

1AZRAEL1
1st February 2010, 12:47 PM
I must say I was a little dissapointed to see that it was less like the G1 character then we all hoped it would be. That being said, I may buy it anyway once I see better pictures of it. But c'mon, its a hovercraft, first one since G1 to my knowledge.

Paulbot
1st February 2010, 12:50 PM
Sea Spray's box seems to be the same new gold style packaging as Battle Ops Bumblebee (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/rotf-battle-ops-bumblebee-revealed/17696/)

But the new Bumblebee toy doesn't say it's part of ROTF either. It's just a generic Transformers line box.

But c'mon, its a hovercraft, first one since G1 to my knowledge.

There's been a couple. ;)

1AZRAEL1
1st February 2010, 01:04 PM
Really? What others would there be? (then again, I don't pay attention to anything passed Beast Wars :p)

Paulbot
1st February 2010, 01:12 PM
Cybertron Shortround (and his repaint Storm Surge) who's very popular repaint fodder for custom Seaspray toys (http://otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=35953&postcount=1). Waterlog, a Mini-Con from Armada doesn't get as much repaint love (well he does, as a Mini-Con he's been repainted heaps of times by Hasbro/Takara but I don't see many custom Seaspray's based on that toy).

Lord_Zed
1st February 2010, 01:16 PM
My problem with this toy, is to me it doesn't look like it would fit in on either my G1 Universe shelf or my ROTF shelf.

As already stated the head doesn't look G1, but aside from the hands it doesn't look much like it would fit in that well with ROTF either, it's transformation looks pretty straight forward and it's pretty blocky looking too. I prefer the more alien asthetics for my ROTF toys, the same way I like nice blocky bots for my G1 shelf.

Gutsman Heavy
1st February 2010, 01:39 PM
Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town. The child was an outcast.

dirge
1st February 2010, 09:07 PM
Meh. Need more gooder pics.

Either way, I'm not especially psyched. Hasbro's efforts above Deluxe rarely appeal to me.

Starscream212
1st February 2010, 09:36 PM
theres another picture of seaspray on payload's new packaging, not very good quality tho

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/payload-yellow-long-haul-repaint-and-new-transformers-packaging-revealed/17771/

Gutsman Heavy
1st February 2010, 10:48 PM
http://www.lilformers.com/comics/2010-02-01.jpg

kup
1st February 2010, 10:53 PM
Now that's awesome! Seaspray shows everyone by building a giant mech!

G1Optimal
2nd February 2010, 09:03 AM
http://www.lilformers.com/comics/2010-02-01.jpg

LOL

dirge
2nd February 2010, 10:32 AM
I love the tiny G1 Seaspray visible inside. Makes me wanna buy his "mech" (:

GoktimusPrime
2nd February 2010, 12:07 PM
Panda-Z'd!! :D

Vector Prime
2nd February 2010, 02:08 PM
New images of Seaspray:

Seaspray out of box pics (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/new-images-of-seaspray-in-and-out-of-package-169099/)

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/3/9/4/0/7/transformers-seaspray-0_1265079313.jpg

kup
2nd February 2010, 02:10 PM
Not likey as a G1/Classics seaspray

1AZRAEL1
2nd February 2010, 02:10 PM
Head looks ok. Not great, but ok. I would probably buy this, maybe even 2 so I can kitbash one to look more like the original :p

Gutsman Heavy
2nd February 2010, 02:19 PM
Bio Mentions Crankstart as his nemesis.

Sky Shadow
2nd February 2010, 02:26 PM
I'm sorry, but SEA.S.P. RAY is awesome, and I'm talking as someone who hasn't bought anything new that Hasbro's brought out over the past year. I love all his aquatic gear too. Matt Moylan helped sell me on it: I hope Fun Publications or someone else canonises the mecha angle - it's too brilliant to not be true.

kup
2nd February 2010, 02:27 PM
Who the shell is Crankstart?

I'm sorry, but SEA.S.P. RAY is awesome, and I'm talking as someone who hasn't bought anything new that Hasbro's brought out over the past year. Matt Moylan helped sell me on it: I hope Fun Publications or someone else canonises the mecha angle - it's too brilliant to not be true.

Yeah, Matt's comic does make the figure more acceptable but you do need to use your imagination for it as its not intended to be a massive mech for G1 Seaspray but otherwise, its pretty meh IMO.

Since Scouts fit inside him then there is no reason why G1 Seaspray can't fit inside for the Mech concept. Yeah that comic does indeed legitimize it but only if you look at it from that angle.

Bartrim
2nd February 2010, 02:57 PM
I'm sorry, but SEA.S.P. RAY is awesome, and I'm talking as someone who hasn't bought anything new that Hasbro's brought out over the past year. I love all his aquatic gear too. Matt Moylan helped sell me on it: I hope Fun Publications or someone else canonises the mecha angle - it's too brilliant to not be true.

Totally agree with you Sky Shadow. I will definitely be picking this one up to add to my universe.

Vector Prime
2nd February 2010, 02:59 PM
Totally agree with you Sky Shadow. I will definitely be picking this one up to add to my universe.

+1 :D I think he looks totally awesome... not too Movie-verse looking, but also not too Universe/Classics looking - Seaspray has evolved...

Golden Phoenix
2nd February 2010, 03:04 PM

It is neither.
Just a "Transformers" toy

* Revenge of the Fallen toy line name will be dropped from packaging, the line will be re-branded just as "Transformers"
* Power Core Combiners is a "Transformers" sub-line

No Universe, no Revenge of the Fallen, no nothing. Just Transformers

kurdt_the_goat
2nd February 2010, 03:13 PM
On the whole, i think he looks like a pretty good (if perhaps a bit simple) voyager class figure. There's not much kibble in robot mode and his alt mode is pretty seamless. I particularly like how his cushion is textured all over!

Bartrim
2nd February 2010, 03:20 PM
Who would of thought Sea Spray could get so much attention lol:D

SilverDragon
2nd February 2010, 03:30 PM
I quite like the concept of different figures interacting with each other, as with the Scouts and Seaspray here. I may pick him up.

Also, he has flippers on his feet. This is win right here. :cool:

i_amtrunks
2nd February 2010, 03:59 PM
Another "simpler" large toy, but this one I quite like. Looks like he doesn't have a giant electronics box either, so that's a good +1.

I'll pick this one up, unless his inevitable repaint is stupendously better. (and known about before I can purchase him)

Lint
2nd February 2010, 04:12 PM
Awwww he's just a gigantic short-round. Ultra-class toys are always a bit of a letdown.

Being Universe I was hoping for a beast mode seaspray :p

Autocon
2nd February 2010, 06:24 PM
so these are all movie linked but branded under a new name? or are they using movie molds to fill the new tf line till the newer molds come out?

Paulbot
2nd February 2010, 07:00 PM
To quote Golden Phoenix "No Universe, no Revenge of the Fallen, no nothing. Just Transformers"

Lord_Zed
2nd February 2010, 07:28 PM
The colours are nicer than excpected, but he doesn't do much for me as a Voyager, he looks way too simple for a $50 toy.

He'll be an easy pass for me at full price, once discounted he may have a chance of becoming part of my collection though.

Pipesqueak
2nd February 2010, 10:26 PM
He passes the test as being instantly recognisable as Seaspray and will therefore grace my classics shelf.

SGB
2nd February 2010, 10:26 PM
To quote Golden Phoenix "No Universe, no Revenge of the Fallen, no nothing. Just Transformers"
Any reason why the ROTF and Universe names are being dropped?

Golden Phoenix
2nd February 2010, 10:36 PM
Any reason why the ROTF and Universe names are being dropped?
Maybe to make things simple.
If they had the other names then they would have "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" "Transformers: Universe" "Transformers: Animated" "Transformers: Power-Core Combiners"
Add to that all the extras like size classes (which might differ line to line) and all the lines that don't Transform and you probably get a whole bunch of confused parents who don't know what to buy their kids

Less lines means they have less decisions to make and can add to the increase of impulse buys.

Robzy
3rd February 2010, 12:00 AM
I love how these G1 minibots are now suddenly Ultra & Voyager class figures! Crazy!! :p

On the whole, it looks pretty damn good to me! I wonder if there will be a Henkei version, with slightly more G1-esque colours? Maybe a yellow head, for example.

griffin
3rd February 2010, 03:19 AM
For anyone who can't access the TFW2005 pics, the source gallery is here (http://bbs.the-arker.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=10&ID=1739&page=1).

optimus1
3rd February 2010, 10:05 AM
I really like the look of Seapray, he just needs to swap the dark gold with a lighter shade, maybe closer to yellow.

Hopefully this are still just more test shots :)

Vector Prime
3rd February 2010, 11:04 AM
Video of Seaspray (in Chinese tho and pretty poor quality resolution wise):

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2e3py85&s=6

Sky Shadow
3rd February 2010, 11:14 AM
Video of Seaspray (in Chinese tho and pretty poor quality resolution wise):

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2e3py85&s=6

Since it's obvious in this video, may I please reiterate what I said here* and here**: that Seaspray is a Voyager and not an Ultra as it says in the title (which is already confusing people enough as it is by saying it's a Universe toy.) Maybe the 'Universe' and 'Ultra' bit should be taken out of the thread title and the first post?

* http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=148108
** http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=148168

Robzy
3rd February 2010, 11:54 AM
You called it Sky Shadow!! (Twice :D).

I was wondering why he looked so damn small in the video. This makes more sense.

Yeah, we definitely need the title of this thread changed!

kup
3rd February 2010, 12:40 PM
After watching the video its clear that the toy's design is more complex than it seems but it's aesthetics, particularly the head, don't appeal to me.

griffin
3rd February 2010, 02:13 PM
For someone who doesn't like this toy, you're the one who's commented most on it (with 14 of the 81 posts so far).

I like the toy, and it seems most here do to.

Gutsman Heavy
3rd February 2010, 03:35 PM
the new voyager box must be tiny if he fills it up so much and is only a tad larger than classics prime.

1AZRAEL1
3rd February 2010, 03:43 PM
I do remember hasbro saying they were going to reduce the size of the boxes to make them more environmentally friendly.They don't need a massive box IMO anyway.

Gutsman Heavy
3rd February 2010, 03:47 PM
indeed, I'm looking forward to 'em.

kup
3rd February 2010, 03:48 PM
For someone who doesn't like this toy, you're the one who's commented most on it (with 14 of the 81 posts so far).

Ok. I will stop commenting on threads that have increasingly bit by bit developing news stories in which a popular consensus exists and I happen to have an opposite view.

However I did say that the toy does have complexity in it as a positive comment on its design revealed in the last bit of news but that appears to go amiss..

Vector Prime
3rd February 2010, 06:29 PM

Lol :D

Ok. I will stop commenting on threads that have increasingly bit by bit developing news stories in which a popular consensus exists and I happen to have an opposite view.

However I did say that the toy does have complexity in it as a positive comment on its design revealed in the last bit of news but that appears to go amiss..

15 / 86 now :D

C'mon Kup, you know you love it and that you're gonna get one!

1orion2many
3rd February 2010, 06:39 PM
:)I have nothing but Seaspray love:D Sounds a bit wrong:D

i_amtrunks
3rd February 2010, 07:13 PM
They don't need a massive box IMO anyway.
Agreed.
Smaller boxes means more toys on shelves.

griffin
4th February 2010, 02:16 AM

As the admin here, I shouldn't have posted this. If I were just a member here, I would have been able to say this sort of thing and probably get away with the observation. But as the admin, I should have approached Kup privately first.
For this I publically apologise for.

People may not realise that I spend 6-8 hours a day on here, and until someone else is prepared to put in that sort of time posting, reading and moderating the content being posted here, I'm sometimes inclined to take short-cuts when issues arise (assuming the worst, thanks to a pesty banned person). Taking on this role of admin has become more of a job than a hobby for me now, and even though people shouldn't take this forum for granted, I have to make sure I don't take my it for granted as well. I may not have much choice over running this place, in the absence of someone else having 6-8 hours a day to do it in my place, but that doesn't mean I can behave unchecked as if I'm above the rules I've generated.

When ongoing negative behaviour affects the fun of others to the point that members start reporting it, I should try to understand the reason behind it, instead of just jumping on the people doing it. Sometimes it can external (non-toy) factors, or merely just a frustration behind the direction of the brand. It could also be deemed the most effective way to generate debate, or the people are just oblivious of how they are directly affecting others efforts to enjoy this hobby. Either way, I should determine the cause before assuming what it is.

Because of this and another issue this week, I've decided that I have to set up a system to keep me in check when I break my own rules, or start getting frustrated 'as a fan' by other fans who aren't respecting the time and effort the majority of us put into this place, and lash out unprofessionally.

This will be explained more in the Intro section, shortly, so as not to send this news item off-topic.

Robzy
4th February 2010, 05:23 PM
People may not realise that I spend 6-8 hours a day on here That's why you won the "Ozformer of the Year Award"! I think most of us realise all the hard work you put in behind the scenes!! :)

Because of this and another issue this week, I've decided that I have to set up a system to keep me in check when I break my own rules
How about, for every rule you break, Robzy must claim one figure from your vintage G1 collection! :D

The_Damned
4th February 2010, 07:51 PM
i really like the new seaspray figure and cant wait to get one for my very own :)

Doubledealer
4th February 2010, 09:26 PM
Have to say I'm not a huge fan of this fella. It's a huge improvement over the complete arsery (is that a word? It is now) that is Storm Surge but to me it doesn't really look like a Transformer and has a certain tackiness to it. Oh well, more for you guys/gals. :D

Bartrim
5th February 2010, 07:39 AM
That's why you won the "Ozformer of the Year Award"! I think most of us realise all the hard work you put in behind the scenes!! :)

How about, for every rule you break, Robzy Bartrim must claim one figure from your vintage G1 collection! :D

Completle agree with this. Well though out Robzy :p

In all seriousness Griff most of us realise the effort that you put into this group. Not just the website but travelling to all the fan meets, the free stuff you get that you give back to the community as prizes etc etc. I for one applaud the effort. Don't let one little slip up bother you. I mean you are human after all... aren't you?