PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Madman G1 DVD Season 1

5FDP
30th January 2010, 01:23 PM
I've been wanting to ask this question for a while now but kept forgetting - for those that have the Madman G1 DVD Season 1 boxset, have you ever noticed that the opening titles for More Than Meets The Eye (Parts 1 - 3) show the opening title for Season 2?

I found this quite odd considering that a season 2 was not planned at that stage.

Does anyone know the reasons why they did this?

Sky Shadow
30th January 2010, 02:34 PM
I've been wanting to ask this question for a while now but kept forgetting - for those that have the Madman G1 DVD Season 1 boxset, have you ever noticed that the opening titles for More Than Meets The Eye (Parts 1 - 3) show the opening title for Season 2?

I found this quite odd considering that a season 2 was not planned at that stage.

Does anyone know the reasons why they did this?

Madman got it wrong? It wouldn't be the first time. (Or the second time, or third or... heck... it wouldn't even be the thirtieth time.)

Paulbot
30th January 2010, 03:01 PM
My belief too. The actual original aired versions of MTMTE may no longer exist after years of syndication, but they likely did have the original season 1 opening opening credits.

DarkHyren
30th January 2010, 06:46 PM
I've been wanting to ask this question for a while now but kept forgetting - for those that have the Madman G1 DVD Season 1 boxset, have you ever noticed that the opening titles for More Than Meets The Eye (Parts 1 - 3) show the opening title for Season 2?I just checked, you are indeed correct.
The opening for "More Than Meets The Eye" shows the opening title for Season 2.
Probally one of those production muck ups or that the version they had to put on the disk just happened to have the wrong opening.

GoktimusPrime
30th January 2010, 07:03 PM
Didn't Rhino originally make this stuff up, and Madman just copied off theirs?

5FDP
30th January 2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah, it doesn't really make any sense because they have the opening titles for the first season - most of the episodes in the boxset (season 1) have the correct opening :confused:

Is there a representative from Madman that visits these boards who can perhaps shed some light on this?

Gutsman Heavy
30th January 2010, 09:35 PM
could try posting on the madboards, they generally seem to respond to questions

GoktimusPrime
31st January 2010, 09:17 AM
Is there a representative from Madman that visits these boards who can perhaps shed some light on this?
There was a Madman rep at the Sabretron 2004 convention, and Madman's stall was right next to the OTCA stall at the Smash! convention in 2009. ;) </pluggage>

Does anyone here own the Rhino DVDs who can confirm/deny my theory?

5FDP
31st January 2010, 12:32 PM
This clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Cu47dLnKo) is taken from the Rhino DVD release (More Than Meets The Eye Part 2) and shows the correct intro for season one. Not sure if your theory is correct Goki. It's looking more like Madman stuffed up on their own.

1AZRAEL1
31st January 2010, 01:07 PM
Well I got both the US and Oz release of the first box for G1, I will have to check it when I get home.

loophole
31st January 2010, 01:18 PM
im pretty sure that rhino has the 2nd season ending credits for MTME i was recently looking getting the Shout version to see if they fixed the episode orders and such and one of the things mentioned was the ending credits being wrong for season1 because it was taking from the rhino release

GoktimusPrime
1st February 2010, 10:34 AM
I used to have the Rhino DVDs until they got stolen. :( :( :(

1AZRAEL1
1st February 2010, 10:40 AM
Damn I knew I forgot to check it when I got home yesterday. I'll set a reminder in my phone for when I get home.

1AZRAEL1
1st February 2010, 09:35 PM
Well, Madman stuffed up. Rhino had the proper beginning. I watched both versions.

5FDP
2nd February 2010, 07:42 AM
Thanks for checking 1AZRAEL1. It makes you wonder how something like that can occur :confused:

1AZRAEL1
2nd February 2010, 08:17 AM
It does ay. I first thought that Madman just copied straight from Rhino, but fixed a few mistakes.

The first episode with the insecticons (Plague of Insecticons? :confused: ) the part with Shrapnel flying over Sideswipe and another autobot, on the Rhino release, it was just 2 purple lasers flying down at them. I think Madman fixed that up but I can't remember :o