PDA

View Full Version : Sound effects on Bluray version of TF:TM

ITZTRU
1st February 2010, 08:27 PM
Hey all...I did a quick search and couldn't find anything so sorry if it's been covered...

but I noticed while testing out my surround sound system with bluray version of TF:TM that in the sequence before Prime faces off against Megatron where Prime is being fired upon by Soundwave, Dirge, Ramjet and Thundercracker, that their laser fire has been toned down in sound quite a bit -- a lot more than I remember on my DVD version and other versions I had before that. It's the same also for when Prime fires back on Kickback and Dirge...his rifle fire is toned down a lot in sound but not when he's flying through the air just after his transformation and shooting back at Ramjet, Thundercracker and Soundwave.

Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Thanks in advance!

Bartrim
2nd February 2010, 10:24 AM
This is the same on the 2disc DVD version. I noticed it too.

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd February 2010, 03:53 PM
Yar, I have heard in my various incarnations of this film varying FX for Primes gun. Original Madman release has original sound, but all the others have a new blasty sound.

I do hate the way they forced the image into widescreen by cropping the top. I hate that so much!

1AZRAEL1
2nd February 2010, 03:56 PM
I do hate the way they forced the image into widescreen by cropping the top. I hate that so much!

Hangon a minute there, you telling me that to get the widescreen, they cropped the top off? That is complete crap.

Gutsman Heavy
2nd February 2010, 03:58 PM
yep, the movie was never animated in widescreen, so unless you watch it in 4:3 you are watching it cropped.

5FDP
2nd February 2010, 07:01 PM
Although the trailer hails the film as "spectacular widescreen action", the movie was animated in 4:3 "fullscreen" format. The feature was vertically cropped to widescreen dimensions for theatrical showings and released in fullscreen on home video and DVD. The 20th anniversary release of the movie by Sony, however features the cropped widescreen presentation.

Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_the_movie)

ITZTRU
2nd February 2010, 09:33 PM
Of the ghey. Pussy rilfe blasts for Prime AND spectacular cropscreen action. Oh well...