PDA

View Full Version : Missing roof lamps on G1 Inferno

Jetfire
1st February 2010, 09:10 PM
Hi, I've got a G1 Boxed Inferno that has a missing right clear roof lamp.

I bought a G1 Grapple junker thinking it would have the same clear headlights as my reissue but their yellow so that didn't work out.

And trying to remove them is difficult without
A. Getting the lamp off with breaking the pin inside that stems from the roof
B. Completely wrecking the lamp

Has anyone ever pulled this off?

kup
1st February 2010, 09:45 PM
Hi, I've got a G1 Boxed Inferno that has a missing right clear roof lamp.

I bought a G1 Grapple junker thinking it would have the same clear headlights as my reissue but their yellow so that didn't work out.

And trying to remove them is difficult without
A. Getting the lamp off with breaking the pin inside that stems from the roof
B. Completely wrecking the lamp

Has anyone ever pulled this off?

Never encountered this situation before so I never had to do it. Grapple has smaller roof lights than Inferno causing a problem in your situation. The only think that I can think of is you getting a beat up Inferno junker with a roof light and break it off carefully so that it remains largely intact and then glue it on your figure.

Alternatively, if the junker has the cab section relatively intact, simply replace the whole section.

dirge
2nd February 2010, 09:50 AM
I think the junker Inferno is your best bet (:

Jetfire
12th February 2010, 09:35 AM
Alternatively, if the junker has the cab section relatively intact, simply replace the whole section.

I didn't think of doing that, but the Inferno I have is in excellent condition (apart from the missing head lamp of course) so finding another one to do it justice is tricky.

A junker Inferno is the way to go.

kup
12th February 2010, 09:47 AM
I didn't think of doing that, but the Inferno I have is in excellent condition (apart from the missing head lamp of course) so finding another one to do it justice is tricky.

A junker Inferno is the way to go.

Since that section is plastic, it may not be hard to find one in good condition. You just need to transfer over the chrome and other detailing.