PDA

View Full Version : Black Incinerator... where/how?

lcz128
11th March 2008, 07:54 AM
Hey guys :) I really want one of these (and for the allspark cube) - so how should I get it? There's nothing reasonable on ebay and all stores seem to have run out... :( Ideas? And what's a reasonable price?

STL
11th March 2008, 09:27 AM
I just managed to secure 4 last night for $68. I've budgeted about $70 but with each passing day it seems to be reaching closer to the $80 mark. There are two on eBay atm that will end in a few hours too

lcz128
11th March 2008, 09:47 AM
4!? Any spares? :D:D:D:D:D

Damn- 80 really feels like too much :(

GoktimusPrime
11th March 2008, 07:46 PM
I paid $50 from BBTS.

The AllSpark Cube is exactly the same as the Energon Cubes that came with the reissue Insecticons/Insecticlones but with a different colour rubber. There's no inscriptions or printing or anything on any of the sides to make it look like the AllSpark Cube. The patterns on the sides come from the rubber and just look like marbling.

A very minimal effort - but as a free bonus I'm not complaining. I mainly got this toy because I prefer the Takara colours over Hasbro's. Don't get this toy just for the Cube. I like the Incinerator toy though - considering what they're trying to achieve with the gimmick I can forgive the lack of hands. :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/incinerator.jpg

iceburn
11th March 2008, 09:51 PM
Gok...US$50 or A$50? It seems that the start price is at US$49.99 and with shipping, it will definitely cost more than A$70. Did you get a special discount?

GoktimusPrime
11th March 2008, 10:05 PM
AU$50 - and afaik no special discount. I very seldomly pay above RRP for a toy - and Voyagers sell for about AU$45~55, which is overpriced here. With the cheaper Japanese RRP + postage I paid approx. AU$50.

It seems that the start price is at US$49.99 and with shipping, it will definitely cost more than A$70
I would be reluctant to pay that for a retail Voyager.

The most I've ever paid for a Voyager was AU$125 for Alpha Trion (which is pretty cheap considering it's a BotCon exclusive).

STL
11th March 2008, 10:15 PM
Sorry lcz, the 4 were already allocated the moment I bought them. Paulbot, Iceburn, Jaydisc and myself had been hunting for awhile and there were only 4 available. If there had been more I'd have grabbed them all.

lcz128
11th March 2008, 10:32 PM
Eh? But wasn't jaydisc getting one off an ebay auction this arvo? (around noon) ... :S I'm confused now!
Am looking into getting it from bbts and adding a few other things I kinda want to even out the cost... Any other ideas though? :o

And yeah- Am seriously wanting a metallic rachet now- and considering selling my custom paint job one to finance it...

iceburn
11th March 2008, 11:09 PM
gok..that's an extremely good buy!!!

lcz. Metallic Ratchet is yours

STL
11th March 2008, 11:10 PM
Jaydisc won the other two auctions on eBay today at approx $45 US a piece + shipping for members of the board. You should contact him about it. He's already getting 1 from me but wanted to help out other board members

Hey Gok, how on Primus did u get Black Incinerator for $50 AUD from BBTS? It doesn't seem possible looking at the site

lcz128
12th March 2008, 07:25 AM
Thanks guys -
STL : I've pm'd jaydisc and am now getting word from fantofan's top bloke that he'll have a look around the stores he frequents to see if he can track one down for me (he's doubtful though)... he said to get back to him during the weekend... Fingers crossed for both sides!

liegeprime
12th March 2008, 11:10 AM
Incinerator costs around 35-38 Au $ here in Phils but I've only seen the US version which is the gray one and NO CUBE :(. That black one is much better color wise, plus you get a cube which is cool. The rotors detach anyhow so you dont have to a silly looking rotor for hands :D

dirge
12th March 2008, 10:50 PM
The cube sucks, really. The idea is nice but it's not that good, really. If you're paying the same price, then by all means go for the cube, but it's not enough to justify the added expense (the colour may be, depending on your tastes).

STL
12th March 2008, 11:20 PM
Hey Gok, how on Primus did u get Black Incinerator for $50 AUD from BBTS? It doesn't seem possible looking at the site

Nudge?

iceburn
13th March 2008, 07:25 AM
The cube sucks, really. The idea is nice but it's not that good, really. If you're paying the same price, then by all means go for the cube, but it's not enough to justify the added expense (the colour may be, depending on your tastes).

Well, you may be right as the cube is just a bonus. Most of us here reckon that the Takara Black Incinerator looks way better than the Hasbro Incinerator. That's why we went all out to get one.

jaydisc
13th March 2008, 01:25 PM
OK folks. Collectively, the Melbourne Massive has one spare black Incinerator.

The first invite for this figure is to the two gentlemen who initially expressed their interest at the Melbourne meet: Demonac vs. TheDirtyDigger. Whichever one of you two posts "I'll take it!" first, get it. FYI., the price is about US$60, so will be AU$66-68 when finalized.

If both Demonac and TDD publicly pass, the first Melbourne person who has raise their hand with a post here gets it.

If no one in Melbourne is interested, I'll ship to the first interstater who posts.

Happy posting!

Demonac
13th March 2008, 02:17 PM
Sigh...
I'll take it.
Just add it to the Cliffjumper...will have to pick em up soon...

jaydisc
13th March 2008, 02:20 PM
That was quick. Sold.

iceburn
13th March 2008, 02:25 PM
haahhahaaa..finally someone has spoken!

dirge
13th March 2008, 03:30 PM
(Gok's BBTS price)

Nudge?

I think I misquoted the price to him. It was about $70... with combined shipping.

STL
17th March 2008, 09:51 AM
Hey guys, I just paid for the 5 Black Incinerators. It came to $65.80 a piece.

There is still 1 available for anyone who's interested? (Lcz128 managed to find one from F2F so that means I have 1 extra now). PM me if you are interested.