PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here collect old cartoons??

primatives
7th February 2010, 11:09 PM
Hi anyone here collect cartoons?? I've been aquiring ones I use to watch as a kid. I probably wont watch them much now but just feel good that I have them on DVD so I dont forget them and will pass them onto my kids when I have them These are the ones Ive been able to get/have recently.

Centurions - whole series
Mighty Ducks - whole series
Spiderman 90's - whole series
Silverhawks - whole series
Pac-Man - whole series
Dinoriders - whole series
Gargoyles - whole series
MOTU 2002 - whole series
Extreme Dinosaurs - whole series
X-men - whole series - waiting for the last 2 discs to come out
TMNT 2003
TMNT old school - aquired up to series 8 i think??

If anyone has Ducktales or Chip n Dale whole series please let me know. been looking around for them but no luck the US have released them but stopped and never completed them.

Gutsman Heavy
8th February 2010, 12:09 AM
the 90s Spider-man got a DVD release? Cool!

Might as well add Street Sharks to go with Extreme Dinosaurs, it is "jawsome" after all :D

Deceptic_Optic
8th February 2010, 04:17 AM
Yeah me too...

Transformers
M.A.S.K.
DinoSaucers
Mighty Ducks
Visionaries
Dino Riders
King Arthur & the Knights of Justice
Silver Hawks
Thundercats
Bravestarr
Galaxy Rangers
He-man
She-Ra

rampagesss
8th February 2010, 01:18 PM
yea ive got the following

Transformers
M.A.S.K
Voltron
Thundercats
Speed Racer

primatives
8th February 2010, 01:19 PM
Yeah some of the cartoons i have havent been released officially so i had to get them from the internet, like spiderman. I have been looking for Street
Sharks for a while but believe it or not there is not a single complete set out there I've only seen one set which has 10 epsidoes. If anyone knows where to get them please let me know!!

i got Extreme Dinosaurs for $20 for the whole set pretty cheap!

im looking into conan the adventurer cartoon atm.

1AZRAEL1
8th February 2010, 01:29 PM
I got Ulysses 31 for xmas off my sister, she has Mysterious Cities of Gold on DVD as well.

What I want to try and get hold of is Captain Harlock, haven't been able to track it down yet. Not the new one Captain Herlock, but the old 80's show.

Paulbot
8th February 2010, 01:38 PM
The only cartoons from my childhood I have on DVD are Transformers and the Macross portion of Robotech. I do have a best of Road Runner collection and that Best of Voltron 2 disc set too.

I am tempted to get Inspector Gadget and Count Duckula, and when there's finally a proper release of Sailormoon (either the dub or the original) I'll get them.

Extreme Dinosaurs never heard of that (and wikipedia tells me it's from 1997 so no wonder). It did make me think of Dinosaucers which was a show I liked as a kid and haven't seen in like 20 years. No DVDs of that show yet it seems, but that's an old cartoon I'd like to see again.

Usually though I find rewatching the shows I loved as a kid is a bit disappointing as an adult (Voltron for instance).

5FDP
8th February 2010, 02:25 PM
Aside from the Transformers G1 cartoon, the only other 80's show that I can stomach is Thundercats. Watched old Voltron the other week and switched it off within 5 minutes. Not what I remembered :(

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2010, 04:20 PM
Macross Perfect Collection FTW

Robzy
8th February 2010, 05:47 PM
Aside from G1, I have...

Robotech
Real Ghostbusters
MOTU (Original)
MOTU (200X)
TMNT (Original)
TMNT (200X)
Dino Riders
Visionaries
Inspector Gadget
She-Ra
Machine Men/GoBots
Batman: TAS
Garfield
X-Men

I'd like to get...
Thundercats
M.A.S.K.
C.O.P.S.
BraveStarr
Thundarr the Barbarian
Gargoyles
Skeleton Warriors

Blink90210
8th February 2010, 08:27 PM
sorry to go off-topic but I'm getting nostalgic looking at all of those series. Does anyone remember a cartoon called Bionic Six? I've been looking everywhere for it and can barely find any place that acknowledges its existence.

1AZRAEL1
9th February 2010, 09:40 AM
sorry to go off-topic but I'm getting nostalgic looking at all of those series. Does anyone remember a cartoon called Bionic Six? I've been looking everywhere for it and can barely find any place that acknowledges its existence.

I vaguely remember it, but my memory is terrible. Anyway I found this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bionic_Six) on Wikipedia but no mention if it was released on DVD

DarkHyren
9th February 2010, 11:41 AM
Does anyone remember a cartoon called Bionic Six? I've been looking everywhere for it and can barely find any place that acknowledges its existence.Yeah, I remember it. Found this: http://www.dvdavenue.tv/movie/cartoon/bionic_six.html
So it is out there. Though I have no idea of the DVDs legitimacy.

Lord_Zed
9th February 2010, 12:24 PM
For a moment there with the topic old cartoons, I thought you meant real old stuff Like Gertie the Dinosaur, the Fleischer brothers cartoons, and the early works of Disney and Warner Brothers.

But it seems the topic is more 80's centric

I don't really collect much 80's cartoons in their entirety. I have a whole bunch of volumes of various stuff and there are one or two I wouldn't mind getting, but for the most part I'd prefer if you could just get best off DVD's. Although I like watching old eps of stuff for nostalgia, I quickly get bored after a few eps (and that includes G1).

Someone should make an 80's cartoon sampler with one episode each of a whole bunch of 80's cartoons, rather than complete series that I may buy but will never watch completely again.

Vector Sigma 13
9th February 2010, 12:27 PM
Hmm- Ive got G1 Transformers of course, Headmasters, Masterforce, Robotech- the Macross Saga, SDF Macross- with the japanese language and story line, Macross Plus (Have a lot more Macross but its all fan subs), A couple of Beast Wars eps and thats about it .

Id love to see:

Voltron- Lion force and vehicle force (think i got that right)
Genesis climber Mospoeda
Superdimensional Cavalry Southern Cross
Thundercats
He-man (original Series)

And theres probably a stack (japanese stuff with english dubs) more that i cant think of right now.

I have been watching Mysterious Cities of gold on Austar when i remember- its ok, but not what i remember.