PDA

View Full Version : Animated cartoon poll the verdict

The_Damned
11th March 2008, 09:09 PM
now that we are up to episode 12 into Animated you decide.

The_Damned
11th March 2008, 09:11 PM
yea i like it BTW

Bartrim
11th March 2008, 09:13 PM
Yeah I like it. I'll wait until you have a few more episodes saved up before I get the next disc Ben:p

The_Damned
11th March 2008, 09:16 PM
or you could come by and watch it each week:D

GoktimusPrime
11th March 2008, 09:46 PM
don't love nor hate it... very ordinary. (-_-)

1orion2many
11th March 2008, 09:47 PM
Should have been burnt on the drawing board:p:D.

jaydisc
11th March 2008, 09:49 PM
I have had a weird relationship with it. When I first saw the trailer, I nearly vomited with disgust. Then, I saw the toys and was so impressed that they had managed to create toys that matched the bizarrely styles show. So, I'm now very excited about the toys. But the show is a bit too kiddy for me. I watched it anyway though, mostly for a glimpse of what toys I can expect.

STL
11th March 2008, 11:31 PM
i still think it's a bit early to say. i'll vote anyway tho. I can see where it's coming from and i can see it clicking w/ kids. Mediocre for me.

Gutsman Heavy
12th March 2008, 12:47 AM
I love it.

i_amtrunks
12th March 2008, 09:08 AM
I find myself waiting on Sunday morning for it, so I can say that I likes it alot.

Paulbot
12th March 2008, 09:36 AM
I think there's a poll option missing. I don't "Love it, hang out for a new episode each week" but I like it more than "only watch it as it is TF related". I'm going to have to vote Love it.

springah
12th March 2008, 09:44 AM
Yeah. Not a fan. I like the BW type stuff.

The_Damned
12th March 2008, 12:38 PM
I think there's a poll option missing. I don't "Love it, hang out for a new episode each week" but I like it more than "only watch it as it is TF related". I'm going to have to vote Love it.

my bad.....

Tober
12th March 2008, 01:05 PM

Same, so I voted "Love it..."

I mostly enjoy it and look forward to it tho.

The toys look great but I'm not sure if I'll be going for them yet.

iceburn
12th March 2008, 06:53 PM
loving it for both animated and toys

roller
12th March 2008, 06:56 PM
i havent watched enough of it to outright hate it

i only seen 5 eps

i keep in mind that it is a show marketed to children of the 21st century, y'know kids who.....

Adzma
12th March 2008, 07:21 PM
I don't hate it per se, but I do think it's a disgrace to the franchise... if that's possible. :p I was really enthusiastic about it in the beginning, but it died to me shortly afterwards. Just didn't tickle my fancy. Although, I would love to see Prime say "Yesss..." at least once in BW Megatron's voice.

Gutsman Heavy
12th March 2008, 09:08 PM
I don't hate it per se, but I do think it's a disgrace to the franchise... if that's possible. :p I was really enthusiastic about it in the beginning, but it died to me shortly afterwards. Just didn't tickle my fancy. Although, I would love to see Prime say "Yesss..." at least once in BW Megatron's voice.

huge call there! Now armada was a disgrace, well the show anyway. some of the figs were cool! (tidal wave!)

STL
12th March 2008, 11:11 PM
Although, I would love to see Prime say "Yesss..." at least once in BW Megatron's voice.

Me too! I always think that when Optimus first appears before reminding myself that this ain't BWs!

kup
13th March 2008, 09:29 AM
Maybe they will have a Nemesis Prime in the future that will say "Yess.."

GoktimusPrime
13th March 2008, 07:53 PM
I think Animated Nemesis Prime should say "Ecky-ecky-ecky-ecky-pikang-zoop-boing-goodem-zoo-owli-zhiv!"

Tiby
14th March 2008, 09:22 AM
Love it - love the show, love the toys.
I really struggled with Armada, missed Energon completely, and had to keep looking for the good bits in Cybertron. I am really, really struggling with Headmasters, almost like I am just looking for cameos who haven't had screen time before.
But Animated, there is a nice back story, great characterisation, fluid animation style (I love Clone Wars, Samurai Jack styles). The required child-relater is present but then they always were. I think G1 really benefited from post-G1 material, like comics, homages, etc, but I struggle through a lot of G1 second-time around (as an adult).
The toys also look more "playable". I am loath to touch my movie toys, most of G1, and many of Cybertron because they are so fiddly. The Animated line looks like it will be very versatile.

Burn
14th March 2008, 04:25 PM
The really killer for me is the animation style. I detest it.

Proportions are off, alt modes do NOT smile and in general it just looks far too kiddy.

That being said, some of the stories have been good, but characterisation leaves a lot to be desired (unless they intended for the Autobots to be morons).

Gutsman Heavy
14th March 2008, 07:17 PM
correct me if i'm wrong but, I don't think I've seen alt mode expressions in a while to that a plus.

For those who are hating the cartoon IDW have stated that they intend to do actual comics for animated (read: NOT screengrabs)

Robzy
14th March 2008, 07:48 PM
I think Animated Nemesis Prime should say "Ecky-ecky-ecky-ecky-pikang-zoop-boing-goodem-zoo-owli-zhiv!"

...And then demand that someone brings him a shrubbery!

:D

SpiderPrime9
16th March 2008, 02:19 PM
I think the animation is very basic, the storylines are quite childish and I am really just watching it in the hope it will get better!

I do love seeing cameos though, and little easter eggs for fans here and there but I was hoping for a more serious tone, exploring their need to be in disguise (because there isnt one they arent really hiding from many people) constrained relations between humans and robots, and even a bit of real death (like the 87 movie or even Beast Wars) however I think Blitzwing saves the series!! he cracks me up.....

oh and I dont like BB's arm coming out of his car when he's in car mode..

having said that I think its better than that armada stuff and good watching for the next generation of Transformer fans!

Personally I think the animated series thats gonna rock this year will be Wolverine and the X Men but thats not really the topic...;)

autobreadticon
18th March 2008, 10:51 PM
why oh why is cartoon network so uncool :)

love the series , all episodes are great, funny and good story telling