PDA

View Full Version : best way of transporting Lego?

Autocon
13th February 2010, 08:40 PM
i recently brought my lego to sell and found that some pieces may escape their boxes. how can i stop this from happening and selling people incomplete sets because pieces have fallen out into the bag?

liegeprime
13th February 2010, 08:50 PM
well you could tape the boxes in the inside to seal out any holes then once youve checked that the pieces are complete for the figures put it in ziplock bags in the box that way they dont fall out.

Lint
13th February 2010, 09:17 PM
The sealable lunch bags seem to be the packaging of choice for lego sellers. I think the majority of lego collectors dont really care about the box.

Autocon
14th February 2010, 02:06 AM
and for the bigger boxes? i dont want to dammge the boxes coz they look more prestine and therfore sellable:p

Lint
14th February 2010, 03:03 AM
Well if its a box for one of the great classics, such as say: 6285 Black Seas Barracuda then its probably worth keeping.

You can still do the sealable plastic bag option, you just seal up all the parts and chuck the bags inside the box. It's easier to check if all the bags are still inside the box than scouring the bottom of your bag for little parts.

Sellability factors (to me anyway) are ranked as such:
Completeness>Condition of Parts>Shipping Cost>Instructions>Box

Mr Ed
3rd March 2010, 09:52 PM
yeah i use sandwich bags and i have kept all my lego boxes of all my stuff.

eg Silver Arrow, F1 Williams car, Ferrari F1, Enzo etc..

liegeprime
4th March 2010, 02:13 AM
Sand wich bags for pats, there are bigger ziplock bags available for bigger parts, put them by set in their designated box and then coverthe bag with those "pop" plastic all around and tape it seled, taht way their all in and the balloon pop plastic ( available in all newsagent helps keep the box safe and sealed.

Sam
4th March 2010, 07:29 PM
In addition to placing the pieces in sandwich bags, you can also then bag the whole box with a larger bag and tape the openings.

Then add in some cushioning material about the bagged box (such as foam) and place this in a bigger cardboard box.

i_amtrunks
4th March 2010, 11:49 PM
With the bigger boxes, some material inside to help the box keep it's shape works wonders.

And if you don't trust yourself to not lose the (labelled) ziplock bag, you can try masking or scotch tape to reseal the box, neither tape should tear it when opening in the future.

Kyle
5th March 2010, 12:15 AM
I say sealable ziplock lunch bags too. They were what I used for my Legos and TFs when I moved house.

1orion2many
5th March 2010, 03:23 PM
:)Just build a Lego car to transport the rest of your lego:p:D