PDA

View Full Version : New stuff at JayJays (watches coming in March)

griffin
14th February 2010, 03:22 AM
Was checking out a Jayjays store near me yesterday to see if the promised Watches were in yet (and finally buy a couple pairs of TFs boardshorts), I saw several new TFs items - 2 new t-shirts, a new 2-pack of underwear, and a stationery set.

UPDATE (21 Feb)
Ross from JayJays has emailed me a photo of the underwear (big thanks), and have included it here. I still want to get a photo of the two t-shirts when I go back to one of their stores, but if anyone else takes a photo, please do post it.
The new t-shirts - one is a blue one with some basic Autobots Vs Decepticon theme and text, while the other one was grey with 3 frames of a Gen1 comic I don't recognise (looked like very early UK Marvel artwork), showing Starscream blasting Megatron. (UK Target 2005 comic)

The Underwear 2-pack is a colourful pair this time, with one being Megatron on bright yellow, and Optimus on multi-colour (almost like comic strip frames). Plus, apparently they come with a Gen1 sticker sheet as well (as seen in the photo). Price for the pair should be $25.

http://www.otca.com.au/jjtrunks.jpg

I didn't note prices on the T-shirts, but are usually about $25 I think.

As for the Stationery set, I actually bought one, so have a photo and price ($10 - it was already discounted from $20, but I've never seen it before at their stores).

http://www.otca.com.au/jj2010a.jpg

Set contains 2 pencils, a pen, eraser, sharpener, mini-ruler, 5 sticker sheets, an Autobot-shaped notepad, all in a plastic carry case.
Most of the items were stuck to the backing card inside the carry case (for display), but the double-sided tape is so sticky, it has left a sticky residue on everything. :mad:

After all the Movie themed stuff lately, it is refreshing to have something with the classic Gen1 Font on it. :)

swoop
14th February 2010, 12:00 PM
I saw those 2 shirts at jayjays this morning but the one with the comic art was on a gray shirt at my store

griffin
14th February 2010, 12:31 PM
It's possible...
I may have been too blinded by the bright yellow undies to take accurate notice of the colours of other stuff... :p

Wheel-J
14th February 2010, 12:37 PM
I did saw that gray comic TF shirt yesterday but I bought the basic blue instead.

Starscream212
14th February 2010, 12:41 PM
oooooo i mite have to go to jayjays a tshirt of starscream blasting megatron is very appealing!

Paulbot
14th February 2010, 04:42 PM
It's a grey shirt, and the art is from Target 2006 (issue 85)
http://twitpic.com/1338gb

Starscream212
14th February 2010, 10:41 PM
hmm not to fond on grey tho, does it come in any other colours?

griffin
15th February 2010, 01:09 AM
It's a grey shirt, and the art is from Target 2006 (issue 85)
http://twitpic.com/1338gb

Ah, I knew it was early UK Marvel art style, but seems I need to re-read my classic TFs comics again. What a chore... :p

Cmdr Prime
15th February 2010, 03:50 PM
I bought that TF case from Jay's Jay's a fortnight ago and you were right Griffin the backing is very sticky and its hard to come off without damaging the articles.

griffin
21st February 2010, 02:36 PM
Updated with photo of underwear 2-pack.

CryptiK
22nd February 2010, 07:22 PM
Saw the underwear and pencil case today ta my local JayJays they had no shirts and no boardies and I wanted the boardies and Grimlock shirt soo much :( looks like they are finishing up the TF line...

GoktimusPrime
23rd February 2010, 11:15 AM
There's been no TF clothes for ages dude -- any leftover shirts or boardies would've been chucked on bargain tables and seem to have been scooped up yonks ago. I occasionally find some in smaller sizes... ya know, sizes that aren't compatible for XXXXXXXXXXLLLLLL size nerds like me. :)

5FDP
23rd February 2010, 11:43 AM
ya know, sizes that aren't compatible for XXXXXXXXXXLLLLLL size nerds like me. :)

Time to cut back on the energon there tubby ;) :)

GoktimusPrime
23rd February 2010, 12:47 PM
"I like to stay in shape. Round is a shape." ;)

Sleeve
23rd February 2010, 01:48 PM
One of my best friends gave me the underwear 2-pack for my birthday over the weekend. Love them. Best part is wearing the Megatron set and saying 'want to check out my fusion cannon?'.

griffin
23rd February 2010, 02:08 PM
It does appear to be strategically placed on the front... :p

CryptiK
24th February 2010, 02:16 AM
There's been no TF clothes for ages dude -- any leftover shirts or boardies would've been chucked on bargain tables and seem to have been scooped up yonks ago. I occasionally find some in smaller sizes... ya know, sizes that aren't compatible for XXXXXXXXXXLLLLLL size nerds like me. :)damn it I wanted those boardies :( the ones in the comp here 32 is my exact size >.< ohwell hears hoping they start re-releasing some stuff cause I really wanted that grimlock shirt aswell.

i_amtrunks
24th February 2010, 09:51 AM
One of my best friends gave me the underwear 2-pack for my birthday over the weekend. Love them. Best part is wearing the Megatron set and saying 'want to check out my fusion cannon?'.

How many times have you been asked to "stop saying that" ? :p

Towers_Spy
24th February 2010, 11:11 AM
It does appear to be strategically placed on the front... :p

And the back! Its totally a metaphor :p

Sleeve
24th February 2010, 11:34 AM
How many times have you been asked to "stop saying that" ? :p

Because it's a horrible and stereotypical saying that is usually heard uttered from bogan mouth-breathers at a bar? Quite a few times actually. :p

griffin
24th February 2010, 12:13 PM
damn it I wanted those boardies :( the ones in the comp here 32 is my exact size >.< ohwell hears hoping they start re-releasing some stuff cause I really wanted that grimlock shirt aswell.

Quite a few stores I've been to in the last month still had a few of the boardies. Make the trek to Sydney and check out a few stores, you might get lucky.

griffin
17th April 2010, 11:04 PM
Compared with our brightly coloured trunks, are these briefs just released in America:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-mens-underwear/18340/

(not sure if there is a reason behind the common theme here with evil Megatron associated with a dude's crotch... :p )

Seraphim Prime
22nd April 2010, 11:25 AM
Compared with our brightly coloured trunks, are these briefs just released in America:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-mens-underwear/18340/

(not sure if there is a reason behind the common theme here with evil Megatron associated with a dude's crotch... :p )

You mean apart from Megatron's *ahem* well-endowed toy?

Too easy?