PDA

View Full Version : Review - Animated Arcee

Kyle
16th February 2010, 01:18 AM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/Kyle_Chow/Toy%20Review%2015%20Feb%202010/3674666e.jpg

Review - Animated Arcee
Series - Hasbro Transformers Animated
Size - Deluxe
New/remould/redeco - New
Wave - USA Toys 'R' Us Exclusive
Released here - Status still unknown
Approximate Retail Price - Unknown. I paid approximately AUD $51 on eBay for the toy itself, and had it shipped with other items from the same seller to save on shipping.
Approximate Size -
Allegiance - Autobots
Alt-mode - 'Rocket Car'
Main Features/Gimmicks - Clip-on wings and double swords
Main Colours - Pink and white
Main Accessories - Clip-on wings and double swords
My Difficulty rating (out of 5) - 2.5
Stability - Very good in both modes
Poseability/articulation - Very good
Playability - Smooth transformation, not too complex not too simple. Very playable in robot mode.
My Thoughts - Solid vehicle mode. Very nice looking and poseable robot mode. Transformation is very nice. I am glad this figure is not over-hyped. Highly recommended.
Overall Recommendation Rating (out of 10) - 9 (Buy it)

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/Kyle_Chow/Toy%20Review%2015%20Feb%202010/277412da.jpg

i_amtrunks
16th February 2010, 07:27 AM
Between this and Ratchet I'm one jealous person!

The pink on Arcee is really vivid, I love it!

5FDP
16th February 2010, 08:35 AM
I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. I'll be buying two if I can - one for me and one for my daughter who looooves pink Transformers.

Kyle
16th February 2010, 09:49 AM
It is a nice colour in person and I'm glad they tried this instead of the same pink from G1. Everyone I talked to told me to wait and get it cheaper, but I couldn't help looking at her on eBay everyday. I thought AUD $51 wasn't too bad and I could live with getting her instead of 2 other toys at retail. I would have spent more than AUD $80 if I had her shipped by herself so I bought some other toys from the same seller to save on shipping and even things out a bit. Would have bought more of her if the seller listed them. :o

Grievous
17th February 2010, 03:49 PM
Wow...talk about "Pretty in Pink"
:D

I actually phoned Hasbro Queensland to see if Arcee and Ratchet will
be released in Australia...and the answer I got made me sad.
:(

Doubledealer
17th February 2010, 04:07 PM
Stunning toy in both modes, not sure how much longer I can resist this one either...Might work a few hours overtime next week just so I can tack one onto my budget. :p

Kyle
17th February 2010, 08:49 PM
One option is to wait for the upcoming Japanese TakaraTomy version (or preorder online). But as I already have a pretty complete collection of Hasbro Animated toys (less shiny but more show accrate), I was determined not to miss out Hasbro Arcee.

SentinelPrime
17th February 2010, 09:46 PM
I AM SO JEALOUS KYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doubledealer
20th February 2010, 02:56 PM
Well, I caved. Just paid for Animated Arcee, Cybertron Ratchet & Electrostatic Soundwave ($130 shipped from the US). Soon they shall be mine...All mine! Muahahahaaa-aaaaa! :D

Kyle
20th February 2010, 04:05 PM
You'll love them!

kup
20th February 2010, 04:12 PM
Between this and Ratchet I'm one jealous person!

The pink on Arcee is really vivid, I love it!

Yeah that's the color they should use for Arcee from now on. It's not too pinky to be girly yet its pinky enough to do the character justice.

Kyle
25th February 2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah that's the color they should use for Arcee from now on. It's not too pinky to be girly yet its pinky enough to do the character justice.

It is very nice in person.

5FDP
25th February 2010, 01:11 PM
Looking forward to getting mine!

Bumbleb33
4th March 2010, 01:26 AM
I caved too, have ordered mine $56 inc postage from the US didn't strike me as too horrendous, cannot wait to get her :)

Deceptic_Optic
4th March 2010, 05:15 AM
Mine arrived yesterday arvo :D
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m205/de3dz/DPP_0005-2.jpg

Kyle
4th March 2010, 11:15 AM
Guys beware! Both Tets and I found stress marks on our Arcee near the thumb area on both hands. Be very very careful when transforming (when you fit the pegs into her hands) as well as when fitting the swords into her hands.

5FDP
4th March 2010, 03:04 PM
Guys beware! Both Tets and I found stress marks on our Arcee near the thumb area on both hands. Be very very careful when transforming (when you fit the pegs into her hands) as well as when fitting the swords into her hands.

Thanks for the heads-up Kyle :) I shouldn't have any issues with mine as I'm keeping it MOSC :cool:

Sky Shadow
4th March 2010, 03:20 PM
Mine arrived yesterday arvo :D
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m205/de3dz/DPP_0005-2.jpg

Incredibly cool photo, Optics. :cool:

Bumbleb33
20th March 2010, 08:55 PM
Got my Arcee today, pictures just do not do her justice, she is beautifully sculpted and unbelievably poseable, I think she just became my favourite piece. Do not hesitate buy this figure! Pictures make her look quite bulky but in hand she is very delicate and feminine not something we usually get in Chicky Bots, just look at the abominations we got for ROTF!

GoktimusPrime
20th March 2010, 11:05 PM
I can't wait to doget this toy. :p :D

Grievous
27th March 2010, 07:31 PM
I'm looking forward to mine arriving...
especially considering I paid $0.00 for her...

I knew having a friend in Colorado would pay off one day...
:D

GoktimusPrime
28th March 2010, 11:38 AM
especially considering I paid $0.00 for her...
*high fives*

I always love paying that price for Transformers! :D

SMHFConvoy
29th March 2010, 08:45 PM
Got mine today! I noticed the stress marks too bit of a bummer. May have to get the TT version y'know, "just in case" :rolleyes:

Paulbot
6th April 2010, 09:08 PM
Question: do her swords lock into place in their holders? In both modes I can't seem to get them to stay there securely. And with how hard she was to get I don't want to use excessive force to try.

jaydisc
6th April 2010, 09:13 PM
Yes, I had a hard time getting them in at first too. The hilts should be flush with the tops of her shoulders:

http://itfdb.com/temporary/tf/detolf1-03.jpg

loophole
6th April 2010, 09:36 PM
I got arcee today and wanted to know if anyong else had trouble with her clip on wings because one of mine doesnt seem to clip on keeps popping off

jaydisc
6th April 2010, 10:07 PM
One of mine is solid, one is average. It doesn't fall off, but anything more than a feather touch might knock it off.

Paulbot
6th April 2010, 11:10 PM
Yes, I had a hard time getting them in at first too. The hilts should be flush with the tops of her shoulders:

ok, got them in now, it needed a push with a bit more force than I liked, but now I've done it once it's easier to stow and unstow them.