PDA

View Full Version : Zoids

Dkaris
17th February 2010, 07:56 PM
I know a few of you on the boards are fan of the Zoids series. I was wondering if some of you guys could maybe post some of your collection photos? I used to have a few of the hasbro zoids when i was a bit younger. But im thinking of getting some of the Koto HMM kits from HLJ.

i_amtrunks
17th February 2010, 09:52 PM
I had about a dozen years ago, but, bar one they all got passed on to younger relatives. They never really lasted long after moving house...

I still have the red blade Liger, and I think the deathstinger is still alive, but the command wolves, gun snipers and others all died not long after finding their new homes.

Dkaris
17th February 2010, 11:02 PM
Whats the red blade like? Im considering getting that or a command wolf.

i_amtrunks
18th February 2010, 11:14 AM
From memory it was a straightforward build, and it's a nice figure overall, moves nicely.

Its a nice model figure, but I kinda wish it was blue so as to tie into the Chaotic Century storyline more!

Maxiewolf
18th February 2010, 11:56 AM
I wondered Did any one else still collect them, though I think Im probly one of the only "active" Zoid Colelctors left on the board. Hah.. can I recruit some more?

I just wish they would get on with it and do a Dub of Zoids:Genesis and re-issue all the Zoids for that.. but meh.. Its unlikely to happen even though It really was a good Series. Much deeper story line than the Chaotic Century Releases type things.

Command Wolf = Great Little Zoid. My favorite mould as you can see -

http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~tabatha/transformers/ozformers/collection/P1958_03-02-10.JPG

Got Ligers? I need to get myself another Red Liger, Though I have the HMM Kit now so I may not.

http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~tabatha/transformers/ozformers/collection/P1958%5b01%5d_03-02-10.JPG

And the others... things that dont fit elsewhere.. i wont clag up this whole thred with pics... But I do have some kits Im selling If you wanted to start somewhere Dkaris..

Zoids Genesis Hayate Liger up there with a Few Others (http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~tabatha/transformers/ozformers/collection/P2001_03-02-10.JPG)
Dibison, Orudios, Clear Red Horn, Dekalto Dragon (http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~tabatha/transformers/ozformers/collection/P1959_03-02-10.JPG)
The Big 'guns' Gojulas HT, Death Saurer and Gildragon from Zoids Genesis (as opposed to gilvader) (http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~tabatha/transformers/ozformers/collection/P1957%5b02%5d_03-02-10.JPG)
A few misc others that dont fit anywhere else heh. (http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~tabatha/transformers/ozformers/collection/P1959%5b01%5d_03-02-10.JPG)

Mecheon
18th February 2010, 12:52 PM
I just wish they would get on with it and do a Dub of Zoids:Genesis and re-issue all the Zoids for that.. but meh.. Its unlikely to happen even though It really was a good Series. Much deeper story line than the Chaotic Century Releases type things.

Eh, not really. Fell flat on its face and denied us the totally implied Gildragon versus Gilvader action. Hit the midpoint and then sunk

Totally saving this spot for when I get home. Unfortunently I am completly trounced by just your Ligers though. PINKLIGER. Although, no Energy Liger. Or Liger Zero EM/X. Gotta get an Energy Liger, best Liger of the lot :p

... I need Gilvader and Gildragon. And crystal Hayate Liger. And Holotech Warshark. Unfortunently white Reddler is nigh impossible to get, which sucks because it would look great with Decalto and Gildragon

Lord_Zed
18th February 2010, 01:29 PM
Yeah I couldn't really get into Zoids Genesis to much either, Chaotic Century is at least set in the classic Zoids Universe with Hellic vs Guylos (though it would have been nice to see Zenebas too).

I'm a Zoid collector though I kinda lost interest once I collected all most all of my favourite re-releases. The Blade Liger is a pretty nice Zoids, far better than the later Ligers IMO, although my favourite Zoids kitty is still Sabre Tiger.

Command Wolf is good to, though I prefer it in it's proper mass produced Republic colours.

Dkaris
18th February 2010, 02:28 PM
wow, quite the collection you have there maxie, so many ligers and command wolves =O I have that liger zero you have, i picked it up back when Toys r Us stocked them a few years ago now. I just ordered the red blade liger. I'm looking forward to the build =]

Maxiewolf
18th February 2010, 06:41 PM
Eh, not really. Fell flat on its face and denied us the totally implied Gildragon versus Gilvader action. Hit the midpoint and then sunk

Totally saving this spot for when I get home. Unfortunently I am completly trounced by just your Ligers though. PINKLIGER. Although, no Energy Liger. Or Liger Zero EM/X. Gotta get an Energy Liger, best Liger of the lot :p

... I need Gilvader and Gildragon. And crystal Hayate Liger. And Holotech Warshark. Unfortunently white Reddler is nigh impossible to get, which sucks because it would look great with Decalto and Gildragon

Well since they are making no attempts at a new anime right now, id take a US/AU release of Genesis... story be damned at least there woudl be some more kits. I Got Liger Zero X, Liger Zero Phoenix, all un built. Had an energy liger once (King of gimmick he is.)

"Barbie" liger and the Blue one next to it "Souga" are the two most valuble Ligers on that shelf actually. :P

Sky Shadow
18th February 2010, 07:13 PM
A few misc others that dont fit anywhere else heh. (http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~tabatha/transformers/ozformers/collection/P1959%5b01%5d_03-02-10.JPG)

That Rainbow Jerk peacock is awesome. There aren't enough peacock action figures. Or enough action figures that call themselves Jerks.

Lord_Zed
18th February 2010, 08:41 PM
That Rainbow Jerk peacock is awesome. There aren't enough peacock action figures. Or enough action figures that call themselves Jerks.

Yeah although it has no motor, I got one for it's cool name and unusual choice of animal.

Some of my other favorite unusual animal Zoids include
Wardick - coelacanth fish type
Molga - caterpillar type

And the one Zoid, who has so far still eluded me
Sea panther - hermit crab type

Maxiewolf
18th February 2010, 10:53 PM
Yeah although it has no motor, I got one for it's cool name and unusual choice of animal.

Some of my other favorite unusual animal Zoids include
Wardick - coelacanth fish type
Molga - caterpillar type

And the one Zoid, who has so far still eluded me
Sea panther - hermit crab type

HLJ still has plenty of ol Sea Panther.... I have a fondness fore little hermit crabs been thinking of getting one... to put on my m isc shelf.

DarkHyren
18th February 2010, 11:08 PM
I really liked the Zoids series, CC is a personal favorite.
But I only have 4 Zoids myself, the Blade Liger, Shield Liger, Zaber Fang and Shadow Fox.
So I wouldn't say I'm a collector, just a fan. If I could afford it then maybe.

Lord_Zed
19th February 2010, 12:14 AM
HLJ still has plenty of ol Sea Panther.... I have a fondness fore little hermit crabs been thinking of getting one... to put on my m isc shelf.

Hey your right they must have secured new stock, since my original order fell through.

Zoids seem to have gone up in price these days since I started my collection at the start of the last decade, although I guess everything has.

1orion2many
19th February 2010, 01:38 AM
:oLooks like I'm going to have to dust off my Zoids now :D

SilverDragon
21st February 2010, 09:56 PM
I only have three Zoids-Rev Raptor, Command Wolf Irvine, and Holotech Raynos. The last one I picked up at the Parramatta fair today.

Rev was the first Zoid I got, and is now incomplete. Command Wolf Irvine is still in mostly complete condition, but the pieces that regulated the walking speed went missing ages ago. Raynos I wanted when I first saw it in an article about Zoids, and now I have it. It is definitely my favourite Zoid-such a cool design, and the translucent plastic makes it even better.

kaiden
28th February 2010, 05:04 PM
I have always like the zoid cartoons and seeing future releases has gotten my interest - might start collecting them.

I'd like to know if the pieces are on runners? i hate those.

edit :

was just looking at hlj, whats the difference between the Kotobukiya and Takara Tomy versions?

actually it would be helpful if someone could give me a quick rundown to collecting zoids.

cheers

Maxiewolf
10th March 2010, 06:09 PM
I have always like the zoid cartoons and seeing future releases has gotten my interest - might start collecting them.

I'd like to know if the pieces are on runners? i hate those.

edit :

was just looking at hlj, whats the difference between the Kotobukiya and Takara Tomy versions?

actually it would be helpful if someone could give me a quick rundown to collecting zoids.

cheers

Kotobukiya ones are High End master models, need paint, glue etc etc. and they do not move but are highly posable.

The tomy takara ones i guess are more of the original toyline as generally they have motors in them and move.

Depends on what you want to collect and why. I used to just get any thing and everything but now I really only collect limited or unique ones like the Clear Reward points ones or Convention exclusives.

Anything thats TOmy Dream Project is a limited one and usualy a reissue of an older more popular one. Unles syou want to collect all the ones from a certain series like New Century Zero or Fuzors etc.

Be prepared to start shelling out alot of money for LIger Zero and his CAS parts... im in the process of replacing mine and for 1 liger and Addon set nearly $200 ea.

:D

kaiden
10th March 2010, 09:37 PM
i dont like painting them, probably because i would do a bad job of it.

but yeah i was mostly interested in the Kotobukiya ones as it seems like a hassle to collect the older tomy ones.

Kyle
11th March 2010, 12:49 AM
I have a small collection of various Ligers... :D

SharkyMcShark
11th March 2010, 01:57 AM
I always adored the Zoids cartoons - the second series more than the first (the Gladiator esque combat thing - it was top viewing when I was younger). I never really had many of the toys though - I had a red blade Liger and a Liger Zero Jaeger. My favourite designs were Lina's Gunsniper (ridiculously well armed), that red Gunsniper belonging to the love interest of the dude that had the Command Wolf, the Zero Jaeger, and that red and blue T Rex looking thing that the antagonist from the first series had.

The thing that turned me off them is that they were very model kit ish and not that playable. Are there any one there that are more poseable, sturdy, and open to being actually played with?

Maxiewolf
11th March 2010, 05:29 AM
i dont like painting them, probably because i would do a bad job of it.

but yeah i was mostly interested in the Kotobukiya ones as it seems like a hassle to collect the older tomy ones.

You can get away without painting them.... though they do look infinitly better if you do so.

The older ones are getting harder to get yes. ... I hate ebay. T_T

kaiden
26th April 2010, 06:23 PM
I just got the HMM Gun Sniper and don't know what to do with the cables that plug into the head and feed through the neck and then to... what next?

The instructions didn't really explain what else to do with them (not that i can read japanese >_>)

Tried looking at a zoids discussion board but there was nothing relevant.

Any help? If no one has any idea what I'm talking about, I'll take a picture later and attach it

Maxiewolf
10th May 2010, 06:46 PM
I just got the HMM Gun Sniper and don't know what to do with the cables that plug into the head and feed through the neck and then to... what next?

The instructions didn't really explain what else to do with them (not that i can read japanese >_>)

Tried looking at a zoids discussion board but there was nothing relevant.

Any help? If no one has any idea what I'm talking about, I'll take a picture later and attach it

Do you mean when you are actually putting it together right at the end? Or actually building the head?

Maxiewolf
19th May 2010, 09:45 PM
Newish HMM Models - Dark Horn (who didnt see that coming?) Lightning Saix (Very impressed with that kits looks)

And - HMM LIGER ZERO SUMMER 2010 :D

kaiden
19th May 2010, 11:06 PM
you forgot Blade Liger Mirage which coming out the season before liger zero.

hopefully they do Jager, Schneider and Panzer upgrade sets too

Maxiewolf
22nd May 2010, 08:37 AM
you forgot Blade Liger Mirage which coming out the season before liger zero.

hopefully they do Jager, Schneider and Panzer upgrade sets too

The way Koto have been going with their zoids... im sure we will get a dozen repaints of Liger Zero to boot.

And if they dot he armor kits... i some how suspect they woudl be full kits not just armor add ons.

Oh and there is also this thing floating around too... i mean as if the darn shield liger hasnt been done to death already -
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4542174677_4ee6675f70_o.jpg

Should be 1/60 Scale and since its Yamoto... expect... insanely expensive.

Dkaris
24th May 2010, 05:02 PM
just pre ordered blade liger mirage. http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYZD46

http://static.hlj.com/images/kby/kbyzd46.jpg

Zippo
24th May 2010, 08:09 PM
What are the Kotobukiya Zoids?

When the Hasbro released Zoids were available in New Zealand, I got one of everything, opened Liger Zero and Elephander and then had a "how the hell do I store all of these" moment and so sold them all aside from the two I had opened.

I recently saw pics of the Revoltech Blade Liger which looks AWESOME. I think I will have to import that.

SharkyMcShark
24th May 2010, 09:31 PM
Revoltech Zoids? That's like the best thing I've ever heard! All I ever wanted when I used to watch it was a very posable zoid.

Now if only they'd make a Revoltech Gunsniper Leena Special...

kaiden
25th May 2010, 12:00 AM
What are the Kotobukiya Zoids?

They're like gundams that are molded onto runners. basically cut them out of their runners, build them and paint them.

Dkaris
13th July 2010, 07:53 PM
i picked up the hmm blade liger from hobbyco today. it seems a rather daunting build, does anyone have any advice on the building or how to paint these kits?

Lord_Zed
14th July 2010, 01:28 PM
Mind if I ask which Blade Liger? and what was the cost of Blade Liger?

I find those kits tempting too.

Dkaris
14th July 2010, 10:59 PM
Mind if I ask which Blade Liger? and what was the cost of Blade Liger?

I find those kits tempting too.

I got the Koto HMM blade liger, the blue one, not red. I think it was about $80 ( i bought some other stuff too) and i figured since most online places are sold out or are charging over a hundred USD i'd get it =]
Only now i'm looking at the pieces thinking what the hell have i done? if any of you guys have any advice on building or painting these hmm kits id greatly appreciate it.

Maxiewolf
15th July 2010, 10:39 PM
Koto's Liger Zero.

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYZD42

Well Ive pre ordered It but yeah.. not sure Im really overly keen on how much extra organic they have made him, its like they got lost somewhere between LigerZero and Murasume liger.

But by the looks of the way the armor comes off... perhaps we will see armor packs for it not whole ligers over and over again... which... i dunno. I think id prefer to have entire ligers as opposed to buying 4 of these and having a bunch of left over parts if i wanted to display all 3 armor units.

sideswipes brother
21st July 2010, 04:35 PM
Shadow Fox for the world!!! Who wouldn't want a gattling gun on their backs?

Lord_Zed
21st July 2010, 07:17 PM
I prefer my Gatling guns on Saber Tigers, or Redhorns. Generally speaking when it comes to Zoids, if it's not a weapon of the Helic Republic, Zenevas or Guylos Empire then I'm not interested.;)

Dkaris
26th July 2010, 08:36 PM
Thought i'd share a photo of my recently completed HMM blade liger with you guys =]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/scybale/DSC_0113.jpg

Completely hand painted (i hate that gold color the pieces like the blades and the claws were)

Lord_Zed
27th July 2010, 01:14 PM
Looking good, did you just paint the details or the whole thing like the blue as well? Cause that blue colour is nice.

Dkaris
27th July 2010, 02:24 PM
Looking good, did you just paint the details or the whole thing like the blue as well? Cause that blue colour is nice.

I painted the blue as well, I used the Citadel color Enchanted Blue, which was very close to the color of the plastic, the other colors i used were Boltgun metal for the majority, then highlights and fine detail with Mithril silver.

Hot Rodimus
3rd August 2010, 11:04 AM
would anyone be interested in buying a Liger zero?

Maxiewolf
30th October 2010, 11:57 PM
PreChristmas Sell Off - I got too many High end master models... that if i build them I'm never going to have room to display them. So I'm cutting down my collection.

If anyone wants any pics let me know Ill get them through quickly. Ill probably put these on ebay next week so just giving early dibs to you all here.

- High End Master Model Zoids Sabre Tiger Scwartz Limited Edition. Box is Crushed and water damaged from delivery. But still holds together fine. (obviously its not wet anymore) The manual has been damaged by the water too but none of the pages are stuck together so its fine to build the model with. The model itself is in perfect condition. Everything Is in the bags and nothing is broken off the sprues. Asking $85 + Shipping or Pickup Sunny Coast/Brissy

- High End Master Model Zoids Sabre Tiger (Red version). No box damage. 100 % Complete and all bags/sprues intact unsealed. Asking $65 + Shipping or Pickup from Sunny Coast/Brissy.

- High End Master Model Zoids Blade Liger Leon (Red Limited Edition) - Box is water damaged and crushed partially on 2 corners. Inside contents are pristine. Manual is fine and all sprues are intact and bags sealed. Asking $90 + Shipping or Pickup

- High End Master Model Zoids Geno Saurer - Box is Fine. Sprues are still sealed and no parts broken. Original Manual missing. Have included a scanned and colour printed copy of the whole thing. Asking $85 + Shipping or Pickup

- High End Master Model Zoids Shield Liger MKII - Box is Fine. Sprues are Still Sealed, No parts broken off or missing. Original Manual Missing. Have included a Colour scanned and printed copy of the full manual. Asking $90 + Shipping or Pickup.

- High End Master Model Zoids Gun Sniper - Box is Fine, all parts sealed and all sprues intact with original manual. $45 + Shipping or pickup

All of these are being sold well below what they cost or would cost to buy now. Even with the damaged boxes the kits themselves are perfect to build.

- Zoids Seismosaurus - Black version, Complete in box with all parts. All sealed. Original Manual missing, colour copy included. $45 + Shipping or Pickup

PM me if you need more info or pics or something :)

SamLoi888
31st October 2010, 08:59 PM
I'd love to see some pics.

Maxiewolf
1st November 2010, 07:51 PM
I'd love to see some pics.

Any particular kits?

SamLoi888
1st November 2010, 08:50 PM
Any particular kits?

The ones you think look the best.

unicron
1st November 2010, 10:19 PM
id like a pic of Geno Saurer

Maxiewolf
1st November 2010, 11:40 PM
id like a pic of Geno Saurer

Genosaurer :)

gdmetro
2nd November 2010, 02:28 AM
Warning Long post:

Zoids! Can't believe I just discovered this thread now.

I used to collect/buy zoids years ago, when they were available locally.
I still have all of them, but most small ones are disassembled, and I can't be bothered to rifle through the storage container to rebuild. I actually bought heaps back then, cause that's around the time I got my first job and they were going on massive clearance towards the end.

The ones I can still remember that I have:

-Berserk Fury
-Red Blade Liger
-Liger Zero x
-Shadow Fox
-Gojulas Giga
-Shield Liger
-Deathstinger
-Konig Wolf
-Seismosaurus(started building then left it for all these years)
-Command wolf
-Clear Raynos
-Jet Falcon/Phoenix armors
-Buster Eagle (Got a friend to pick one up from HK)
-Some other small ones.

Used to be member at Phenotypes forum- (If anyone here was from there) I lost interest in collecting anything until TFs got me back in this year.

Whilst browsing for Tfs online (Toywave), I noticed and COULDNT BELIEVE that they reissued some rare kits such as Gilvader, Zeekdober, Gultiger. Also King Gojulas!- What I'd say was the fort max of zoids back then- very tempted to get at least one each- and the cost is not bad for some of them.
Id imagine the aftermarket for vintage ones went down the drain?

I also noticed HMM line- and it did pique my interest- since I never was able to get the old customized parts- I semi-wanted that HMM blue blade liger- but sold out. I see HMM Liger Zero for pre-order aswell- I might just get it, if they plan to release the schneider, jager and panzer armors eventually.

Also, how difficult are the HMMs to build? How do they compare to MG gundams?

klystron
28th June 2011, 03:38 PM
Dug out my ZOIDS the other night. I used to have them on display at my old house, but there just isn't the room and the new house (which is kind of paradoxical as the new house is much bigger than the old!)
Anyway, as I unwrapped them I snapped some phonecamera pics before packing them all away again. :(

LIGER ZERO X
http://i54.tinypic.com/lxj60.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/aynfbo.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/kbrwnp.jpg

BESERK FURY
http://i51.tinypic.com/2vtywld.jpg

Customised DARK SPINER
http://i56.tinypic.com/fxfali.jpg

Customised (RED) BLADE LIGER
http://i54.tinypic.com/21ay49f.jpg

SHADOW FOX
http://i51.tinypic.com/zn7jwk.jpg

RAYNOS and ZABAT
http://i53.tinypic.com/u0wvb.jpg

Customised DEMANTIS
(painted to match Liger Zero X standard armour)
http://i54.tinypic.com/n1302b.jpg

Magnus
2nd November 2011, 08:27 PM
I just got the Kotobukiya HMM Liger Zero. Now to find time to build it...

gamblor916
6th November 2011, 09:25 PM
Just finished the Kotobukiya HMM Lightning Saix. To say that it's a fabulous kit is an understatement! This thing practically fell together so at around a month to complete it's by far my quickest build! The fit is exemplary and most parts are separated by colour. Plus it looks fabulous.
More pics in the photography thread.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1541/img1635ua.jpg

Magnus
7th November 2011, 08:28 PM
Great Lightning Saix! I agree with you on these kits - they're a very complex build, but you get amazing detail and posability.

Some quick pics of Liger Zero:

gamblor916
7th November 2011, 10:18 PM
It's so hard to not buy more of these. The Liger Zero is very tempting.

KillinSpoon
7th November 2011, 10:29 PM
Keep in mind though, it is obligatory to buy four Liger Zeros though.
One for Jager, Panzer and Schneider.
Unless that release an armour docking station like in the show(yes I do know that zoids existed wayyyy before the show, but I grew up with it), which would be freakin' sweet.

Magnus
8th November 2011, 07:55 PM
There's a few Liger Zeroes on eBay, but Amiami, Hobby Search and HLJ are expecting restocks in December.

If you don't want to display all four at once, you can just buy the three armour kits by themselves - Schneider has been out for a few months, and Jager is due out in February. I've already ordered the Schneider (just armour) from eBay.

I'm seriously considering getting a Blade Liger, or perhaps a Shadow Fox if Kotobukiya releases it.

Accel
9th November 2011, 02:28 PM
I'm right in saying I don't need any painting or glue skills for the Liger Zero kit?

only Zoid I have is the Revoltech Blade Liger white version

gamblor916
9th November 2011, 07:58 PM
Most parts are colour coded so you can get away with just assembling it but a decent coat of paint makes it look better.

Magnus
9th November 2011, 09:46 PM
I'm right in saying I don't need any painting or glue skills for the Liger Zero kit?

That's right. My Liger Zero has no paint on it, but as Gamblor said, if you can paint it, it'll look better.

There's only one part on the Liger Zero where the instructions recommend the use of glue - one of the parts in the torso (I didn't use glue on it).

Accel
9th November 2011, 10:47 PM
I have no chance in hell getting a Shadowfox do I :(

Magnus
11th November 2011, 08:28 PM
There's a few Tomy kits of the Shadow Fox on eBay. Apparently, a Kotobukiya HMM Shadow Fox kit has been announced, but that's all at this stage.

Magnus
12th November 2011, 08:00 PM
Some more pics of Liger Zero, including a shot of the Liger without armour and two shots of Liger Zero Schneider.

SharkyMcShark
21st November 2011, 11:50 PM
Are the HMM kits any good?

I'm considering the Naomi Gunsniper with Wild Weasel unit for $40 + shipping as my post uni treat to myself this year.

SharkyMcShark
26th November 2011, 02:24 PM
So i ordered the revoltech Blade Liger and Genobreaker because they were going for about $29 each at HLJ but then got absolutely destroyed on the shipping.

Oh well... at least they'll be here quick.

VGMStudios
1st December 2011, 12:48 AM
So i ordered the revoltech Blade Liger and Genobreaker because they were going for about $29 each at HLJ but then got absolutely destroyed on the shipping.

Oh well... at least they'll be here quick.

Got those two myself. Have them battleing each other. They are really great toys, but a bit loose joint wise. So youll need a lot of patience setting them up! If you want I can take a picture of them.

SharkyMcShark
1st December 2011, 01:52 AM
That'd be great thanks!

I'm probably going to pick up a few of the HMM kits when I get my end of year bonus, and also possibly the Yamato Shield Liger from last year.

SharkyMcShark
2nd December 2011, 01:53 PM
Revoltech Blade Liger and Geno Breaker arrived about half an hour ago.

Here is my experience with Blade Liger over the last 30 minutes

"Okay so it comes in parts, I'll just take everything out and put it all together"

*takes main body with 2 legs attached out*

*glued on armour cowling on shoulder falls off*

"It's alright, I'll glue that on again later"

*carefully removes plastic around body, foam piece from mouth. Foam piece being removed at ultra low speed manages to snap front right fang off*

"... I'll glue that on again later too"

*holds torso up for a closer look. Poses mane, two parts of which fall off and skid across the floor under a table. Spend 5 minutes looking for and reattaching them*

"Okay lets get the other legs attached, the blades and tail attached"

*puts on desk and poses*

"Oh wait, blades around the wrong way, I'll just swap them over"

*goes carefully to remove blades. Left one comes out fine, right one has peg shear off the blade mount and stay stuck in the blade*

*EXPLETIVES*

I've owned several revoltechs before, both TF and non TF so I know that they're not crash and bash action figures and need to be handled with care. This is ridiculous - it's broken in 3 ways 30 minutes in.

Now to open Geno Breaker :nervous:

SharkyMcShark
2nd December 2011, 02:06 PM
Which was about 4000 times better than the Blade Liger and didn't break in several different ways out of the box.

VGMStudios
3rd December 2011, 06:51 PM
as promised here are some shots of my revoltech zoids.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-yYNnN5uIX98/TtnTkiSFj2I/AAAAAAAAC54/qd-tVr7bSOs/s400/20111203024310-93.jpghttps://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-_MXSFnyQwh0/TtnTnGaOIbI/AAAAAAAAC6A/ACrZCFzj5fA/s400/20111203024324-155.jpghttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-m5AP66wRMBI/TtnTp9SNxII/AAAAAAAAC6I/miwtF2-yIvs/s400/20111203024343-14.jpg

vgm out...

Accel
5th December 2011, 01:35 PM
Don't know why I got the white version the blue one looks so much better

SharkyMcShark
6th December 2011, 12:16 AM
Oh my days, I was rifling through a cupboard looking for Christmas decorations and I found an 80% unfinished Tomy 1/72 Red Blade Liger. Just the torso and the head were finished by a 12 year old me 9 years ago, everything else is still on its frame.

Where can I find the instructions online for this kind of thing?

I'll just wing it til then....

SharkyMcShark
6th December 2011, 01:01 AM
Haha turns out that wasn't as hard as the 12 year old me remembers.

Turns out that I lost one of the blades as a youngster :(

Otherwise though its all there.

Accel
6th December 2011, 08:55 PM
http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-1027&template=default/product/e_display.html

new Gun sniper kit up for preorder

SharkyMcShark
6th December 2011, 09:11 PM
I grabbed the HMM Gun Sniper Leena/Rinon Special from a quite obscure anime export online store last week for about $75 all up. Should be here by the end of the week.

Also preordered the Lightning Saix for when it comes back into stock at Anime-Export.

VGMStudios
7th December 2011, 12:50 AM
That'd be great thanks!

I'm probably going to pick up a few of the HMM kits when I get my end of year bonus, and also possibly the Yamato Shield Liger from last year.

umm ya your welcome!!!???!!:confused:

VGM out...

Accel
9th December 2011, 02:55 PM
Dark Horn kit up for preorder looks pretty damn good
http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-2125&template=default/product/e_display.html

gamblor916
9th December 2011, 03:27 PM
Dark Horn kit up for preorder looks pretty damn good
http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-2125&template=default/product/e_display.html

5050 yen for that is a bargain!

SharkyMcShark
13th December 2011, 02:25 PM
HMM Gun Sniper Leena Special has arrived!

(Just as I'm stepping out the door for work)

So much weaponry!

SharkyMcShark
15th December 2011, 01:53 AM
Really really enjoying piecing together the Gun Sniper.

I'll definitely be investing in more of these

gamblor916
15th December 2011, 07:07 AM
Pics man pics!

SharkyMcShark
15th December 2011, 11:59 PM
Will take some photos later on - the Gun Sniper itself is fully constructed, I just need to finish the Wild Weasel Unit + assorted other guns that hang off the side.

I must say I bloody love what this model of the Gun Sniper - so much articulation and detail. I really didn't take to the old Zoids model kits because it lacked both of those but this is a treat.

I actually enjoy the building process and the final product of that so much that I can see myself buying most of these kits.

VGMStudios
21st December 2011, 02:59 AM
wow not even a thank you huh SharkyMcShark. I go out of my way to take pictures for you cause you asked and I dont even get a thank you?? wow. Looks like I wont help again.

VGM out...

Magnus
5th February 2012, 10:07 PM
I recently got a HMM Gun Sniper Leena Special. The base Gun Sniper is already finished - being a smaller Zoid, it was a quicker, easier build than the Liger Zero.

Magnus
6th February 2012, 10:11 PM
It didn't take too long to assemble the rest of the kit. Unlike my Liger Zero, which has no paint on it, I decided to try painting small sections of the weapons with black, dark grey and silver to break up the greys.

4911 4912
The Wild Weasel unit...

4921 4918 4919 4913
...and the complete Leena Special.

With Liger Zero:

Leena's shopping:
4922 4916

Magnus
11th March 2012, 07:26 PM
A couple of days ago, I got the Liger Zero Jager unit...

gamblor916
11th March 2012, 08:27 PM
Wow that Gun Sniper is tiny but with so much gear! I'll have to put this along with the Liger Zero Panzer on the shopping list.

King Atlas
13th March 2012, 08:55 PM
A couple of days ago, I got the Liger Zero Jager unit...

How do you rate Jager? I just ordered all 3 units and Liger Zero itself from HLJ. Can't wait till June :D

I was disappointed that I could never find the original Liger Zero back in the day(let alone the modules). Such a cool design, especially with the custom armor parts.

Magnus
14th March 2012, 08:55 PM
How do you rate Jager? I just ordered all 3 units and Liger Zero itself from HLJ. Can't wait till June :D

Right now, I personally like Jager better than Schneider, although it is a slightly more challenging build because it has more moving joints. I don't think my pictures captured it well, but it has a very sleek look when everything is retracted, and I like the shade of blue plastic used. In comparison, Schneider strikes me as being more angular (appropriate, really).

Aesthetics aside, both CAS kits (as well as the base Liger Zero) have great moulded detail, and the base Liger body has great poseability - I doubt you'll be disappointed when your kits get here :D

Magnus
27th June 2012, 07:34 PM
I recently got the HMM Blade Liger AB (Leon's version). Pics to follow when it's assembled.

The HMM Shadow Fox was announced a little while back, and is available for preorder from AmiAmi (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=TOY-RBT-2453&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fpagemax%3D15%24getcnt%3 D0%24pagecnt%3D1), HLJ (http://www.hlj.com/product/kbyzd70) and Hobby Search (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10191208).

Magnus
24th July 2012, 08:30 PM
The Blade Liger AB...

5826 5827 5828 5829

...and Liger Zero Panzer.

5830 5831

gamblor916
24th July 2012, 09:21 PM
I just got my Liger Zero Panzer too. Such a huge box crammed with plasticky goodness. Can't wait to get started on it.

kurdt_the_goat
24th July 2012, 09:32 PM
In the interest of trying new things, i'm considering getting a zoid on my trip to Japan next month. What do i need to know/consider? Do you need glue or tools and what range comes recommended? Any help appreciated!

gamblor916
24th July 2012, 09:48 PM
I've only built the one HMM Zoid, being the Lightning Saix but I really enjoyed it. Most of the parts are separated by colour and no glue is required. Parts mostly snap together or are held in place with vinyl caps. Joints are vinyl ball and socket. Paint would make it look better in my opinion but that's just me.
At the bare minimum a nice sharp side cutter is needed.

kurdt_the_goat
24th July 2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks Gamblor!

How far removed from a typical Gundam build would you say? It sounds pretty similar based on what you just said. Is the finished model sturdier than a gundam?

i_amtrunks
24th July 2012, 11:42 PM
I've had a blade liger sitting on my shelves for over 10 years now, figure works as well now as it did when I first made it.

A sharp blade or file is useful for separating the pieces from the sprues, but after that it is gamblor said, all clicking together and held with small clips.

gamblor916
25th July 2012, 07:22 AM
I haven't got a lot of gumdam experience but I would say they're about the same? It's really a posable figure rather than a 'playable' toy.

King Atlas
31st July 2012, 01:21 PM
I only have Liger Zero HMM and it's custom armor parts.

Coming from someone who hates stickers and isn't good at painting, I think these look awesome right out of the box. I've only done a few Gundam model kits, and IMO I think it's really solid in comparison. It has some weight to it and I can pick it off the shelf without pieces falling off.

That is about all I can say since I don't have much experience with either. I have seen Collectors say Liger Zero is the best kit released in the HMM line.
I'm not sure if it's because of build quality, articulation, plastic used or popularity.

I Have not read about the kits released after either.

Can't wait to get Panzer, looks great.

Sky Shadow
25th November 2012, 12:23 PM
Hey people - I'm just beginning my Zoids toy nostalgia-fest (like another toyline we all know, I love the old UK comics [which included some very familiar creators...])

A no-prize for guessing whose art this is in a children's comic that includes a line about an 'excellent butt':

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6352/zoids.jpg

Anyway, this is my massive collection as it stands at the moment (including that butt-pervert, Zunder) although I have a disturbing amount on its way in the post:

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/5599/p9280580z.jpg

Sadly, my Hasbro Pteramander didn't come with a sticker guide - does anyone have Salamander/Krark/Radox instructions that would tell me where exactly they go (or know of a Zoids instructions archive?) Naturally, the only ones I can find online are for the Hasbro one I already have that lacks a sticker guide. Any help would be brilliant.

Magnus
25th November 2012, 05:23 PM
Cool! Are you getting Hasbro/Tomy Zoids or the Kotobukiya HMMs?

Sky Shadow
25th November 2012, 05:30 PM
Cool! Are you getting Hasbro/Tomy Zoids or the Kotobukiya HMMs?

The Hasbro/Tomy ones - I like the G1 toys and reissues. :p The Kotobukiya ones aren't mechanised, is that right?

Sky Shadow
25th November 2012, 11:18 PM
The Hasbro/Tomy ones

Oh, and I've got some Kenner Technozoids on the way too!

Im_a_weiner
27th November 2012, 12:03 PM
Just curious where can you buy zoids? I have looked around and had no luck, I have always wanted to make a custom of a zoids megazord as I have always thought it would look preety cool using the zoid parts and the megazord zords.

Sky Shadow
29th November 2012, 12:23 PM
My collection grows by four...

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2484/pa020580.jpg

(Quite eclectically - Zoids 2 Stego, Technozoids Evil Scorpion, Genesis Rainbow Jerk (with the Power Up Parts on the way), and Skullcrunc... I mean... Rebirth Century Barigator TS. I spent the morning putting them together - much fun! I was surprised by a general lack of sticker guides though - I had to go by box photos [and there are still a few that I have no idea about where they go.])

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6327/pa020581.jpg

gamblor916
29th November 2012, 01:46 PM
Nice little collection already. The world needs more mecha scorpions.

Magnus
9th December 2012, 10:06 PM
Nice acquisitions. Sorry for not getting around to answering you earlier - the Kotobukiya Zoids don't have motors.

Speaking of which, I recently finished assembling the HMM Shadow Fox:

http://i.imgur.com/HLuZP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/m3zJ8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WYmnz.jpg

Magnus
19th March 2015, 09:37 PM
So I was poking around a couple (http://www.reddit.com/r/Zoids/comments/2z7kmo/masterpiece_series_zoids_line_to_start_off_with/) of websites, (http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/31615/masterpiece_shield_liger_zoids) which led to this: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/zoids/masterpiece/

Apparently it's a new electronic line of Zoids. Thoughts?

lancalot
19th March 2015, 11:47 PM
So I was poking around a couple (http://www.reddit.com/r/Zoids/comments/2z7kmo/masterpiece_series_zoids_line_to_start_off_with/) of websites, (http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/31615/masterpiece_shield_liger_zoids) which led to this: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/zoids/masterpiece/

Apparently it's a new electronic line of Zoids. Thoughts?

if its anything like the old diecast one then i'm in .... look like its got excellent articulation

drifand
20th March 2015, 10:51 AM
I have quite a number of HMS zoids to build so probably skip.

Trent
20th March 2015, 12:34 PM
Liger Zero is where it's at. Gimme those armour packs for it and I'll probably bite :cool:

Maybe even a Blade Liger...

Lord_Zed
29th April 2015, 07:48 PM
MP Shield Liger Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FV5KHSdGe4

It's different to what I was expecting, which was something more like TF MP's and based on the anime, but this seems more like a perfect grade Gundam taking the motorization to a new level. It's pretty cool but I hope they have improved the caps.

Not sure it's for me, but if they do some of the dino ones then maybe.

Trent
29th April 2015, 07:58 PM
MP Shield Liger Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FV5KHSdGe4

It's different to what I was expecting, which was something more like TF MP's and based on the anime, but this seems more like a perfect grade Gundam taking the motorization to a new level. It's pretty cool but I hope they have improved the caps.

Not sure it's for me, but if they do some of the dino ones then maybe.

Not keen. Very limited posability due to the walking gimmick I imagine. I too was hoping for something like MP TFs :(

lancalot
29th April 2015, 08:33 PM
the walking gimmick look very tacky...like the old 60s robot walking , with the open the chest .... :D :p i wanted a very articulated figure .... look at the tail...it just one solid piece :(

Magnus
29th April 2015, 09:07 PM
Pretty impressive, if you ask me. It's still a motorised kit you assemble, but it also simulates breathing (which explains the non-articulated tail) and stops to roar. Are those walking noises also generated by the model, or are they dubbed in as part of the ad?

Considering the 'core' gimmick of the classic Zoids was motorised walking, it makes sense for these MP Zoids to be able to walk as well. I think the idea is if you want super-detailed, highly articulated, posable Zoids, get the Kotobukiya HMMs.

Don't know if I'd bite, though. Maybe if I saw a MP Liger Zero...

Magnus
8th May 2015, 07:19 PM
TakaraTomy now has a dedicated page for MPZ-01: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/zoids/masterpiece/mpz-01.html

Magnus
25th November 2015, 02:57 PM
MPZ-02 is the Saber Tiger: http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=282185

drifand
25th November 2015, 03:10 PM
MPZ-02 is the Saber Tiger: http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=282185

I honestly think the HMM ones look way better in detail. But if is walking version, then this is it.