PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron

Autocon
19th February 2010, 05:12 PM
any one have details on this book?

5FDP
19th February 2010, 06:02 PM
I can't find any. All I know is that it's coming out mid-year.

Gotta say that I'm really impressed by the way Hasbro are marketing the game. I just hope it's going to live up to expectations.

Starscream212
19th February 2010, 11:54 PM
its a large book with 352 pages, lol thats all sibertron.com says, hopefully its filled with awsome pictures!

Autocon
20th February 2010, 02:34 AM
New Transformers Exodus Book Details - Got Game?

By Primus on Thursday, February 18, 2010

ShareThis

Amazon has posted a pre-order listing for the the previously reported "Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron" book. The real bit of news is the extended title suggests it was written for Activision's new game.

The listing offers more details on the publication. Authored by Alex Irvine, it will be offered in a hardback edition book covers a whopping 352 pages. The release is slated for June 22, 2010 at a suggested retail fo $27.00 USD. However, you can pre-order it now for just $17.28.

What was initially believed (hoped) to be a book spanning the Transformers Universe. May very well be a setup for the "War For Cybertron" game. Giving it a back-story to accompany the Activision game by the same name. One can only hope it is something bigger than that. Given that Alex Irvine is the author of other novels such as Batman Inferno and Iron Man Virus. It is likely, "Exodus" a also a novel written to set up just the game Universe.

Product Details
Author: Alex Irvine
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 352
Publisher: Del Rey Books
Release Date: June 22, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 034551985X
ISBN-13: 978-0345519856
MSRP: $27.00

http://tformers.com/transformers-new-transformers-exodus-book-details-got-game/13086/news.html

Tetsuwan Convoy
23rd February 2010, 09:46 AM
Linky link to amazon US (http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Exodus-Official-History-Cybertron/dp/034551985X/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266878651&sr=8-7)

I wonder if this will get released over here?

5FDP
23rd February 2010, 11:06 AM
I'll probably be getting my copy from The Book Depository.

kaiden
27th February 2010, 03:31 AM
I'll probably be getting my copy from The Book Depository.

too bad its full price $34.78au and not discounted like amazon

5FDP
27th February 2010, 05:49 PM
too bad its full price $34.78au and not discounted like amazon

Are you saying that The Book Depository has it at full price? I can't even find it listed on their site :confused:

kaiden
27th February 2010, 06:13 PM
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780345519856/Transformers

1 USD = 1.11694 AUD

so actually a $4au dollars more than retail

griffin
27th February 2010, 07:47 PM
Still probably cheaper than whatever our AUS retail price...
If it gets released here and it is more, at least the UK site has free shipping, so you'd still save some money.

Sky Shadow
27th February 2010, 07:49 PM
You can get it for AU $22.78 after (free) shipping at bookdepository.com:

http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780345519856/Transformers

kaiden
28th February 2010, 02:03 AM
You can get it for AU $22.78 after (free) shipping at bookdepository.com:

http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780345519856/Transformers

thanks. $20 is quite reasonable ^_^

5FDP
28th February 2010, 08:24 PM
Cheers kaiden. I know now why I couldn't find it... I was searching for 'War For Cybertron' instead of 'Exodus' :o

Paulbot
26th March 2010, 10:20 PM
Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/more-information-on-transformers-exodus-official-history-of-the-war-for-cybertron/18115/) posted an excerpt from the Amazon page (http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Exodus-Official-History-Cybertron/dp/034551985X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269529226&sr=8-1&tag=transformers-20)

For twenty-five years the colossal battle between Megatron and Optimus Prime has captivated Transformers fans around the world. Yet the full story of the conflict between the two most famous Transformers—everything that happened before Optimus and Megatron arrived on planet Earth—has always been a mystery . . . until now. Here, for the first time told in its entirety, is the thrilling saga of Optimus and Megatron before they were enemies, before they even knew each other.

“Freedom is every Cybertronian’s right!” After Megatron utters these immortal words, the caste-bound planet of Cybertron is rocked to its foundations. Megatron, an undefeated gladiator thug, gives voice to the unspoken longings of the oppressed masses—and opens the mind of an insignificant data clerk to possibilities previously unthinkable.
Long before becoming the honorable Optimus Prime, Orion Pax is a mere office underling, an unlikely candidate to answer an outlaw’s call to revolution. But Orion is determined to meet this defiant enemy of all that Cybertron stands for, no matter what he has to do, or how many laws he has to break.

What happens between Orion Pax and Megatron forever changes the destiny of all Transformers. This gripping, action-packed novel reveals all the loyalties and treacheries, trust and betrayals, deadly violence and shining ideals, as well as the pivotal roles played by other characters, including Starscream, Sentinel Prime, Omega Supreme, and one of the thirteen original Primes, the last link to Cybertron’s glorious Golden Age.

Discover how meek disciple Orion Pax becomes the fearless leader Optimus Prime; follow the tantalizing clues about the lost Matrix of Leadership and the lore surrounding it; find out why the two allies fighting a corrupt regime suddenly turn on each other, and what triggers their epic war. Transformers: Exodus provides everything fans ever wanted to know about one of the fiercest rivalries of all time.

It sounds interesting to me and more than just a video game tie-in. I hope it is a good read.

griffin
27th March 2010, 10:28 PM
For twenty-five years the colossal battle between Megatron and Optimus Prime has captivated Transformers fans around the world. Yet the full story of the conflict between the two most famous Transformers—everything that happened before Optimus and Megatron arrived on planet Earth—has always been a mystery . . . until now. Here, for the first time told in its entirety, is the thrilling saga of Optimus and Megatron before they were enemies, before they even knew each other.

'For the first time'? 'Always been a mystery'?

Over the 25 years of 'battle between Megatron and Optimus' we've had quite a few 'before they knew each other' and pre-Earth stories.
For them to market this as being the first ever story that tells about the pre-Earth history of the Transformers, entire or not (nothing is ever entire), it is misleading, false advertising.

They should have said that it was just the pre-Earth history of the current series (WfC), as it seems that they are claiming that it will explain the pre-history of the entire 25 year Universe of Transformers (which isn't all in the one continuity anyway).

Sky Shadow
27th March 2010, 10:39 PM
'For the first time'? 'Always been a mystery'?

Over the 25 years of 'battle between Megatron and Optimus' we've had quite a few 'before they knew each other' and pre-Earth stories.
For them to market this as being the first ever story that tells about the pre-Earth history of the Transformers, entire or not (nothing is ever entire), it is misleading, false advertising.

They should have said that it was just the pre-Earth history of the current series (WfC), as it seems that they are claiming that it will explain the pre-history of the entire 25 year Universe of Transformers (which isn't all in the one continuity anyway).

I thought the same thing, but then generously reinterpreted their words: "the full story of the conflict between the two most famous Transformers—everything that happened before Optimus and Megatron arrived on planet Earth—has always been a mystery . . . until now. Here, for the first time told in its entirety..."

So arguably they're claiming that this is the "full" story, not just bits of it. The bits we saw before weren't "everything" and this is the first time it's been told in its "entirety".

Which obviously isn't going to be true, as you say, Griffin - particularly since even just from the blurb it already contradicts The War Within, the G1 cartoon, the UK annuals etc. But optimistically, perhaps they've at least tried to justify what they're saying, even if it's misinformed. And it could be a good story if it has better editing and a better writer than some of those other attempts at Transformers novels.

griffin
29th April 2010, 01:44 PM
More details on the release of the Exodus book middle of the year.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/del-rey-announces-transformers-origins-story-novel/18446/

DarkHyren
29th April 2010, 02:06 PM
I'm sort of interested in this book, partly because of what it is supposed to be, partly because it's a hardcover transformers book of 350 odd pages.
Though I wonder if it's pure text or if it has alot of pictures.
Or is it comic book styled? I havn't really looked into it alot...

gekisou
29th April 2010, 03:06 PM
If it IS interesting, I will get my missus to look it up cos she works in a bookshop and get it cheaper for me. :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd May 2010, 12:31 AM
I'm sort of interested in this book, partly because of what it is supposed to be, partly because it's a hardcover transformers book of 350 odd pages.
Though I wonder if it's pure text or if it has alot of pictures.
Or is it comic book styled? I havn't really looked into it alot...

Looks like its a novel, as it is the same book that is also being talked about in the thread Transfomers Origins WFC Novel *Possible Spoilers* (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=7547).