PDA

View Full Version : Variations Questions

1orion2many
12th March 2008, 02:49 PM
I was setting up some of my BW figures last night and came across an anomoly. I have 2 Transmetal Rampages, one is orange with highlights leaning towards dark orange almost red on the raised bit on the back of the crab where as the other one was closer to this darker colour all over. Is this a variation that anyone knows of or has one been exposed to much sunlight.
The only one which has seen sun is the one that is darker all over, I'll borrow a camera from work and put some pics up later.

kup
12th March 2008, 04:36 PM
Is one Takara and the other Hasbro?

GoktimusPrime
12th March 2008, 05:25 PM
I suspect one might be more faded than the other. The Takara version is quite noticeable as it has a show-like paint scheme, including a more prominent looking "X" on his back like in the cartoon.

1orion2many
12th March 2008, 09:16 PM
One has been on display and the other one has been in storage never displayed. The darker colour is actually on the one that was displayed where as the other one which was in storage has the lighter colour and no it's not a faded colour it is pristine(it's so purty:D)

GoktimusPrime
12th March 2008, 10:47 PM
could just be a variant within Hasbro? We did have variants with other Transmetals after all (e.g. purple vs blue TM Optimus Primal)

dirge
12th March 2008, 11:02 PM
There are a _lot_ of Transmetal variations, mostly relating the vacuum metalised chrome - which varied quite a bit between production runs.

1orion2many
13th March 2008, 11:29 AM
There are a _lot_ of Transmetal variations, mostly relating the vacuum metalised chrome - which varied quite a bit between production runs.

:)Oh well I'll put it down to that:D. I actually strted this thread for people to discuss variations in general, not just the one I have been asking about;).

dirge
13th March 2008, 04:37 PM
Fair enough. But I figured I'd clear up the situation relating to Transmetals.

gamblor916
13th March 2008, 08:36 PM
I found a strange little variation when I ws looking at my Jazz/Meisters.
The two white ones are both alternators, red is a BT. The only difference are these two notches on one side.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/121/p3120019mb1.jpg

GoktimusPrime
13th March 2008, 09:05 PM
*squint* ...I don't get it. What's the difference with those notches?

I actually strted this thread for people to discuss variations in general, not just the one I have been asking about.
Puffer approves!

http://www.geocities.com/soxerboxx5/variants/puffer.jpg

gamblor916
13th March 2008, 09:10 PM
*squint* ...I don't get it. What's the difference with those notches?

They're on opposite sides. The bottom two are on one side, the top is opposite.
I just thought that it was strange.

1orion2many
13th March 2008, 10:35 PM
They're on opposite sides. The bottom two are on one side, the top is opposite.
I just thought that it was strange.

:)Maybe the die maker got confused:D.

dirge
13th March 2008, 10:38 PM
Gamblor, I'd say one of your toys has two left (or right) upper arms!

gamblor916
14th March 2008, 08:36 AM
Gamblor, I'd say one of your toys has two left (or right) upper arms!

No that's not possible, left and right are not interchangeable. I just thought that it was strange that the parts are otherwise identical except for those two small notches. Weird :confused: