PDA

View Full Version : Power Core Combiners

SilverDragon
22nd February 2010, 09:13 PM
What do you think of them?

I think it's a neat idea, especially as it gives the mini-cons a far greater role than in Armada, although I don't think I will buy many. The only one of the PCCs shown at Toy Fair that looked interesting to me was Icepick, mainly because I like blue translucent plastic.

Jhiaxus
22nd February 2010, 09:42 PM
Combining Armada and Energon and giving us an entirely new line? HOW COULD I NOT LOVE THAT?!

Armada is one of my all-time favourite TF lines. It's a miracle of TF toys... and Hasbro is BRINGING IT BACK IN A BIG WAY?! How could I not love that?

Auto-Transforming limbs that can be shared with craploads of different central robots? Scramble City taken to the nth degree? HOW COULD I NOT LOVE THAT?!

Basically -- Power Core COmbiners is everything I love about Transformers. I'm looking forwards to it massively.

--Jhiaxus.

Gutsman Heavy
22nd February 2010, 11:57 PM
There need to be an option between "I think they are fantastic! I will likely buy lots of them." & "It's an interesting concept, and I may get one just to see." I think they are a nifty idea and will buy several, but saying they're fantastic is probably overstating my anticipation. Still I voted for fantastic.

Christ that was long winded of me! Its looks like a fun gimmick.

Ode to a Grasshopper
23rd February 2010, 12:01 AM
Huffer, Searchlight and Icepick look pretty sweet.

kup
23rd February 2010, 12:31 AM
I think they are alright. They have a Machine Wars sort of feel to them.

However the Gestalts seem rather disappointing with the 'drone' limb concept.

If there is good fiction associated with Powercore Combiners, I may be motivated to buy some.

i_amtrunks
23rd February 2010, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=kup;152595]However the Gestalts seem rather disappointing with the 'drone' limb concept. QUOTE]

I was not expecting the "gestalts" to have drone limbs, it kinda takes away from the whole point of gestalts, the limbs are more armour/padding than anything else.

I'm interested in the line, the lack of a television show may hurt sales, but the whole concept is interesting, I expect to grab a few.

Paulbot
23rd February 2010, 12:53 PM
I wonder if they'll rerelease Energon Prime? He'd fit right in.

Anyway I think it's far too early for me (having not seen any of these in person) to answer any this poll.

1AZRAEL1
23rd February 2010, 02:15 PM
Anyway I think it's far too early for me (having not seen any of these in person) to answer any this poll.

Ditto. I am intrigued, but I will have to wait on seeing more photos, or holding them in my hands.

SMHFConvoy
23rd February 2010, 10:26 PM
I'm interested that decepticon emergency vehicle especially. I'm also interested in seeing how the 5 pack figures look combined with the commander figure and mini-con.

Lord_Zed
24th February 2010, 08:34 PM
I may get one or two, but aestheticly I prefer TF's rooted in either G1 or Movie style more than the more Energon like look of these new guys.

langzixinxin
26th February 2010, 11:34 AM
at least I know why it's called power "core" combiners. only the core can transform.

:o

SuspectimusPrime
26th February 2010, 11:50 AM
I was not expecting the "gestalts" to have drone limbs, it kinda takes away from the whole point of gestalts, the limbs are more armour/padding than anything else.

Definitely agree.

I was so excited to find that Energon was going to have combiners at the time, but only to be heavily disappointed when the Japanese Superlink cartoons came out, and had all the limbs being mere drones. Granted, there was a mildly interesting episode where Superion Maximus lost his limbs from making a suicidal charge at either Constructicon Maximus or Bruticus Maximus, and managed to retrieve another set of limbs to continue the fight.

(This isn't the above mentioned scene, but found it amusing when I was looking for the above scene: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hBnVBxfVR4> :p)

I'm also a sucker for combiners, so Hasbro will get my money.. :'(