PDA

View Full Version : Seen this artwork online somewhere?

Linthart
25th February 2010, 08:06 PM
Hi Guys

Im desperately seeking digital copies of the artwork seen on this new jays jays t-shirt. it has been used on a number of their patterns and some other non-jay jays apparel

I have send a PM to jay jays and im awaiting a response but im hoping perhaps someone has seen it around?

I need it to create some artwork on some custom made headphones im having produced in a couple of weeks.
Im aware of any licencing issues that may arrise in my quest but im begging none the less.
Griffin, prehaps you have some contact details that might be a little more direct also?

if all else fails i can scan the tshirt and photoshop it to hell but it'll never be as good as source files.

cheers guys

(argh how do we cahnge thread titles? typo made :( )

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv281/LintHart/IMG_0147.jpg

griffin
26th February 2010, 01:04 AM
Licensing may indeed prevent them from knowingly letting you use the image. The two latest T-shirts were ones that they didn't send pics of, so I can't help you with that. I can ask, and send you their contact info if they let me.

kurdt_the_goat
26th February 2010, 01:46 AM
If you were going to trace over it, you should do it with Illustrator not photoshop, using the pen tool... then it could theoretically be just as good as the original source file.

Linthart
26th February 2010, 11:42 AM
Licensing may indeed prevent them from knowingly letting you use the image. The two latest T-shirts were ones that they didn't send pics of, so I can't help you with that. I can ask, and send you their contact info if they let me.

cheers griff

Linthart
26th February 2010, 11:46 AM
If you were going to trace over it, you should do it with Illustrator not photoshop, using the pen tool... then it could theoretically be just as good as the original source file.

hmm why is illustrator better for this sort of thing? im having a little luck in cutting it out in photoshop, its just a royal pain in the bum

kurdt_the_goat
27th February 2010, 01:28 AM
While in photoshop it sounds like you're removing the background that you don't want, in illustrator you'd draw the parts you do want. The result would be an infininitely scalable version of the artwork (vector). Here's a good tutorial (http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-tips/illustrators-pen-tool-the-comprehensive-guide/).

SMHFConvoy
27th February 2010, 03:05 PM
You're working with anchor points. Like dot to dot. Illustrator uses mathematical vector as opposed to Photoshop's raster process which takes in all the pixels in the image.

It's a smaller file but the advantage is as Kurd said is an infinitely scalable image.