PDA

View Full Version : Review: ROTF Ratchet Deluxe Edition

Autocon
27th February 2010, 01:49 AM
dont like the kibble in alt mode, best in bot mode

anyone have problems folding back on the hip panels? one of mine was difficult and ended up causing stress marks:( felt like it was on backwards

Review - ROTF Rachet
Series - Hasbro TF2 Revenge of the Fallen
Size - Deluxe
New/remould/redeco - New
Wave -
Released here - Now
Approximate Retail Price - Deluxe class price point
Approximate Size -
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Hummer mode -
Main Features/Gimmicks - Mech Alive (can see the shoulder joints inside when moving up or down)
Main Colours - bright yellow
Main Accessories - a big gun
My Difficulty rating (out of 5) - 2
Stability - good in both modes
Poseability/articulation - good
Playability - Nice transformation. Quite playable in robot mode.
My Thoughts - too much kibble in alt mode. Robot parts are exposed underneath but you can really tell buy looking from the side. . Poseability is decent. Recommended if you dont want voyager.
Overall Recommendation Rating (out of 10) - 5 (if cheap - for the gun)

Kyle
27th February 2010, 09:34 AM
I really like mine. The transformation is decent. I reckon the sculpt is better (robot mode) and has better proportions than the Voyager Class one however this new toy is too small. Vehicle mode is a different Hummer model but one I accept because of the good robot mode. Wish that they made him bigger and taller. He will be in perfect scale with the upcoming Deluxe Ironhide and New Voyager Optimus Prime though. I actually don't mind the hip kibbles. They don't look too bad or get in the way too much. However, like Autocon mentioned, you have to be very careful with the hip kibbles (especially the right one), and even with all the care the stress marks on hinge might be unavoidable. Seems to be a QC issue in the moulding process instead of a design problem.

SMHFConvoy
27th February 2010, 10:26 AM
Someone on either Sector 70 or 2005 boards did a mod on this figure. They suggested swapping the feet so the spur that sticks out in vehicle mode is the one that is hinged.

Grievous
27th February 2010, 02:31 PM
I personally love this figure...and I would dare say this Ratchet
has been the biggest surprise of the entire ROTF toy line for me.

The vehicle mode is flawed but still looks pretty cool...but the robot
mode is where this figure really shines. His proportions are great
with good articulation and he also has heel toes...which is one
of my favourite design choices (Also see Human Alliance Bumblebee)
There is kibble...but nowhere near as much as his wave mate Brawn.

His wrist mounted gun is a little big to be completely movie accurate
but it still looks pretty slick and his deco is great...I really love that
sickly safety green.

This mold is 10 times better than the voyager and really deserves
a chance. Hopefully in future it will be given a Red Alert, Inferno or
First Aid repaint so others may-be encouraged to purchase it.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/92/rvm.jpg

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1941/rrm.jpg

Deluxe Ratchet may not be the best...but he sure is worth a pick up.
8 Out Of 10

lcz128
27th February 2010, 03:57 PM
Someone on either Sector 70 or 2005 boards did a mod on this figure. They suggested swapping the feet so the spur that sticks out in vehicle mode is the one that is hinged.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/292686-rotf-deluxe-ratchet.html that? :)

Kyle
4th March 2010, 11:14 AM
A simple solution to weaken the springs in right arm to stop the gun from popping out:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=7091

Autocon
5th March 2010, 04:05 PM
why did they include this gimmick? i dont understand:confused:

Kyle
5th March 2010, 06:45 PM
I actually like the gimmick... think it's kinda cool (when it's working properly as intended... :o:D)

Autocon
6th March 2010, 01:37 AM
whats it meant to do exactly?

STL
6th March 2010, 01:29 PM
While I am quite a fan of the robot mode and transformation over the Voyager, I think that the scale and the alt mode really hurt it as a toy. Hope the fact they're making activator movie BB and maybe a Jazz down the line might even the scale out if you use Voyager Prime, Deluxe Irionhide + Ratchet, and two activators but otherwise scale's a big no-no on this fella.

SharkyMcShark
6th March 2010, 01:39 PM
I got it yesterday and was really pleasantly surprised. The colours and lack of paint apps are really really annoying though.

Lord_Zed
10th March 2010, 08:13 PM
While I am quite a fan of the robot mode and transformation over the Voyager, I think that the scale and the alt mode really hurt it as a toy. Hope the fact they're making activator movie BB and maybe a Jazz down the line might even the scale out if you use Voyager Prime, Deluxe Irionhide + Ratchet, and two activators but otherwise scale's a big no-no on this fella.

I think it depends what other TF's you have. He looks like he would be a good scale to fight Voyager Starscream and the other Decepticon jets, not to mention the Constructions. Coupled with a new Voyager Prime, and Deluxe Ironhide I'm kinda tempted to get some of these guys to display next to the cons without the cons looking tiny.

Prime_217
13th March 2010, 06:58 PM
i cant wait to find this figure. and i am deffs going to do the foot mod on him, but that gun mod the guy did is stupid, it makes the gun non movie accurate.

SkyWarp91
13th April 2010, 04:27 PM
Too bad they didn't try to make this mold voyager size, then it may have had a better chance of being able to fit the kibble under the vehicle mode. Instead we just get another repaint of Ratchet in the upcoming HFTD Toyline...

Lord_Zed
25th April 2010, 02:05 AM
I weakened and got this guy today.

And it turns out, I really like him Kibble is well placed, compared to say Brawn, his sculpt is nice, alt mode is a little lacking though.

And the scale is just right for me, I like most of my toys around the deluxe scale, and he looks good next to voyager Megs or any of my non-car Decepticons who I favour.

So yeah I'm impressed, anyone want a Voyager Ratchet? :D

gekisou
28th April 2010, 08:28 AM
I really like the bot mode of this toy. Yes, it is smaller than I would like it to be, but it's still really nice.
Yeah, I had problems with the hip plates so he's never going back to vehicle mode again. And my weapon keeps flying out so I attached it to Lockdown instead. Now Lockdown is victorious!!!
Still, its a nice toy and one of the last ones I will touch from RoTF til Ironhide (Deluxe) and Blades Op (Voyager) come out... since those look awesome!